• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationMelburn, Strayamate.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:19 AM

If all the other stuff i've posted that originates from QELServ gets implemented, then we'd want the creature stats too.

I think posting the combat rolls publicly was bad enough regarding 'destroying the mystery', posting the creature stats would be even worse.

I don't think I should post the exact stats, but i'll give some details to give people an idea.

Initally i'd be providing stats for 31 'training' creatures (well, 30 i guess, white and brown rabbits are same stats) spanning new toon to 100 a/d, and 7 'boss' creatures. Certainly more bigger, badder 'boss' mobs will be needed for endgame. The ones I had so far i'd describe more as 'mini-bosses' for different levels of players.

The 'training' creatures still do have some variation and in some ways pay tribute to RP. Mobs actually wearing gear and holding weapons have a small armor bonus, have bit higher crit-hit/dmg chances and drop a bit more gold - they're good mobs for early on in instances or invasions as they pose more threat to players much higher level then them, albeit not much.

In QELServ people didn't start with 8/8 a/d like in EL, think it was 3/3, and also iirc we had people starting all attribs at 2, not 4. I'll have to confirm all that though.

To give an idea without giving away the raw stats, it's like this:

Brown/White Rabbit - 15 health, ~2 a/d
Brownie - 15 health, ~3 a/d
Rat - 20 health, ~4 a/d
Spider - 20 health, ~4 a/d
Raccoon - 30 health, ~6 a/d
Skunk - 35 health, ~8 a/d
Beaver - 45 health, ~11 a/d
Leprechaun - 50 health, ~14 a/d
Green Snake - 60 health, ~16 a/d
Fox - 70 health, ~17 a/d
Brown Snake - 75 health, ~19 a/d
Imp - 80 health, ~20 a/d
Boar - 90 health, ~23 a/d
Wolf - 100 health, ~26 a/d
Goblin - 120 health, ~30 a/d
Puma - 130 health, ~35 a/d
Leopard - 140 health, ~37 a/d
Panther - 150 health, ~39 a/d
Female Goblin - 160 health, ~41 a/d
Skeleton - 180 health, ~46 a/d
Small Gargoyle - 200 Health, ~48 a/d
Armed Goblin - 220 health, ~54 a/d
Armed Skeleton - 240 health, ~60 a/d
Hobgoblin - 250 health, ~65 a/d
Unarmed Female Orc - 260 health, ~67 a/d
Unarmed Male Orc - 270 health, ~73 a/d
King Cobra (Sslessar model ;p) - 280 health, ~80 a/d
Large Brown Spider - 300 health, ~84 a/d
Troll - 320 health, ~90 a/d
Ogre - 330 ehalth, ~95 a/d
Medium (wingless) Gargoyle - 350 health, ~100 a/d

In some places you'll see there may be only a 2 level gap between two mobs but like a 5 level gap between others close to them in the chain, there is usually some accounting for this with the mob attribs to make training advancement more accessible and smooth despite that. Also as I said some mobs were a little more crit-prone but dropped a little more gold, depending on what a person is trying to achieve they may be slightly more enticed by some mobs than others, in these cases attempts are made to keep a/d of the two 'types' of mob closer as to not try to force someone to train one type too long if they don't want to. Basically: there's more to it with the stats than what this simplified list shows, but it's still designed so you transition to new mobs much more quickly than EL and you don't get this silly crap going on like higher level mobs giving less exp than lower level ones (though granted that's mostly a spawn time issue in EL).

Mini-boss mobs (high crit rates, hard hitting, lots of toughness/armor, good drops. designed to be fought with a team):

Deer - 1400 health, ~14 a/d (yep as early as 14 a/d people should be able to team up and go do some more 'epic' fights)
Panda Bear - 2000 health, ~29 a/d
Black Bear - 2800 health, ~43 a/d
Polar Bear - 3800 health, ~57 a/d
Grizzly Bear - 5200 health, ~71 a/d
Cockatrice - 6800 health, ~ 86 a/d
Cyclops - 8000 health, ~100 a/d

Even for a number of 100 a/d'ers in good the gear the Cyclopes was still a hard bastard on QELServ, but bigger badder boss mobs were always planned (i.e. the Dragons).

Trying to solo even the bears (certainly the Grizzly) at 100 a/d may have been doable but the resources you'd use killing it solo would be huge, but it worked out well still for a group of fighters around the level of the mobs.

So anyway, I can post the full stats, but maybe better to give them to Learner privately to keep some element of discovery and mystery?

Just for fun:
Some visuals from QELServ ;p
The boss mobs shown here have less health than I list above, it's obviously prior to some tweaking/revisions
http://www.paradoxco...eltesting01.jpg
Fallen (Krayon) had obviously been tanking and just dissed. Pff, not even half it's health gone, what a nub! :D
Oh, and the names, obviously we were messing about. :P

And the 'top-end' training map at the time:
http://www.paradoxco...eltesting02.jpg
with that one nasty clops roaming it with all the wingless gargs, ogres and trolls. :>
You can see the exp system i posted in another thread at work here too, where i get 68 att exp for one hit then 71 for another because of fluctuations in the damage i hit for.

#2 groomsh

groomsh

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

It would be interesting if portion of attack could be randomly placed into def and vice versa ;)
For example:
Goblin - 120 health, ~30 a/d
   - could be 28-32 attack and 28-32 defense, but allways attack + defense = 60

#3 Salt

Salt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

well +1 for family guy name themed mobs :P

#4 Nova

Nova

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

View PostSonic, on 25 September 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

Shut up meg.

#5 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostSonic, on 25 September 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

View PostNova, on 25 September 2012 - 07:07 AM, said:

Shut up meg.

+1

I like this idea, alot. Brings 'bosses' out of instances/invasions and into real playing, so really any person can engage and get the drops. :)

#6 Blackbeard

Blackbeard

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

Yes, all is very good, lets get implementing QEL system asap pls

#7 Koss

Koss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Bosses were great in QEL.  Would love to see them introduced into OL.

#8 Nova

Nova

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

on a more serious note from me (sorry can't ever resist something about family guy or the simpsons.)  i really like the idea of boss mobs that even brand new players can go out and hunt together.   would they be all over or would they be a little more rare and require hunting down?

#9 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

whatever you do please don' t make that Deer a boss monster, that looks so fucking retarded

#10 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

Based on models being rendered at 100% size, it seemed the most appropriate for a ~14 a/d boss mob, and RP wise you'd expect it to take a lot more to bring down than a beaver or a snake or some such.

Could use an increased size Wolf model instead. ^^

#11 scarr

scarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

Maybe use the nenocrit model instead of a deer? :)

#12 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:23 AM

ahh yes, the nenocrit, it didn't exist back when i made the creature stats :]

#13 SenZon

SenZon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

I just love those screenshots :wub:

#14 Infamous

Infamous

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

didn't find the topic about the attribute changes for combat so i'll post here.

are the attribute changes being worked on? i think 2-3 weeks ago i asked the same thing and the answer was "just getting started"
after the attr changes proposal was voted in and all the information was provided for some time aswell.

i do see alot of other changes though, almost all of them aren't on the high priority list
http://www.other-lif...-ol-priorities/

can't help but wonder, is it being worked on? if so, are you interested in the change Learner?
starting to think you lost interest and just shoved it in a corner to do other changes.

just want to get some clarification on the matter

#15 Blackbeard

Blackbeard

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

afaik he doing spawn system atm then gonna start implementing attributes for testing, kinda makes the poll useless but oh well, all progress

#16 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

I think its very good idea.I like it so much
Make it fast ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users