10 replies to this topic

#1 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:03 PM

Hey you lovely women and sexy men of OL.

As some of you know, I was admitted to hospital Wednesday (Tuesday for most) because of pains in my stomach. I hung around home for 7 hours waiting for the pains to stop and then eventually said 'fuck it' and drove to hospital.

They would I had a swollen and inflamed Appendix and further tests were done to show it was Appendicitis. They admitted me overnight and during the night, it burst. I would say it was more painful than when I broke my leg back 4 years ago.

Even after it burst, they made me wait 8 hours until the surgery and because of that, they said I had a 5% chance of dying while operating. Great news huh?

They told me it would take about 30mins to 1 hour max for the procedure. In the end it ended taking 6 hours due to continuous complications during the surgery.
As for that 5%? I was close they told me..which is so scary to think about.

It is so scary to think about how easily life can be taken at the smallest of problems which evidently can lead to bigger, more complicated problems.
They said the risk increased several times throughout the surgery and they didn't even see that happening.

This made me realise how much I take life for granted and how close I actually was to dying or having some sort of permanent brain injury. This was a good wake up call and I'd like to share it to the closest community I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of, so close that you could call it my second family.

I'm not sure the next time I can get into OL as I've been told I'm being kept here in hospital for the next 2-4 weeks. I'll try to get my mum to bring me my laptop lol

In the end, my appendix has been taken out ok but they damaged my vocal cords pulling the breathing tube

Love ya all,

~CoduX

#2 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:54 PM

OMG!!!! So so sorry to hear this news. This hospital or the doctor sound terribly incompetent!!!   Please keep in touch to let us know of your progress.   You are in our thoughts, and our prayers for a speedy and total recovery.   You take care!

#3 Aine

Aine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:17 PM

We love you Codux! You know how to get in touch <3 <3

#4 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:19 PM

Damn, I am so sorry man. Hope you get better soon!

#5 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:22 PM

Our prayers and thoughts are with you CoduX! Take care and let those sexy nurses do their thing.

Regards
Z

#6 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:47 PM

Man, this is bad. Hope you will get better soon!

#7 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:31 AM

Hey all, thanks for all the kind words so far.
I am recovering ok. Very sore and tender where they stuck the cameras in and the tool they used to clean it out.
Can whisper, my voice is deeper than usual but again, my throat is bruised and so are my vocal cords.

Will try to get online soon ☺️

Peace,

~ CoduX

#8 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:53 AM

So you are on your way to be your regular obnoxious self? ^_^   Just kidding.   Good to hear :)

#9 sirdan

sirdan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationNaples Florida

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:30 AM

Posted Image

#10 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:53 AM

Hope you get well soon CoduX. Sorry to hear and I'm glad you're okay. Thoughts and prayers are with you friend.

#11 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:23 PM

Sorry to hear, I hope you get well soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users