• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:07 PM

Opening up for discussion ... the ability to upgrade a Guild to a Premium Guild for a fixed yearly Plat fee.

The initial thoughts include:
1) Yearly plat fee (25 - 50 plats per RL year?)
2) Being able to select a Guild Hall location (probably the largest town in each of the new lands would have some available)
3) Zian will build one Guild Hall map which will be used (but multiple copies used in the server so each guild has it's own).
4) Only Guild Members can enter a Guild Hall
5) Guild Halls will have a Message Board (last 30 RL days of messages?) that members can post on.
6) Will have a SHARED Guild Storage, with logging of deposit/withdrawals
7) Mixing is allowed in the Guild Hall, but no fighting, summoning, or harvesting.
8) Level 19+ can control what Rank is needed to post messages, deposit item, and withdrawn items (on a per permission basis).
9) WebAccess to a Guild Section for any active Guild Member
10) WebAccess Guild Section will list online & offline Guild Members
11) WebAccess Guild Section will will have the current GuildMessages, Message can be added in game while you are at the MessageBoard.
12) WebAccess Guild Section allow access to Guild Storage Logs for high ranking members
12) PremiumPlayers will be able to use WebAccess to post Guild Messages if their guild rank is high enough
13) Optionally, a flat sign/banner created by that guild can be placed over the entrance to the GuildHall
14) If Rent is not paid, the Guild Hall shuts down, but the Guild Storage is retained for a period (and the Messages). If Rent is again paid the Guild Storage becomes available again
15) If the Guild is disbanded, anything in Guild Storage is lost along with access to the Guild Hall & features
16) ...

Discuss ....

#2 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:30 PM

Question,  how will the guild storage be handled?   Will we have to haul from our own storage or will be instantaneous?  Like when we trade with someone from our storage at a storage?

#3 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:34 PM

View PostAlddrA, on 17 November 2016 - 01:30 PM, said:

Question,  how will the guild storage be handled?   Will we have to haul from our own storage or will be instantaneous?  Like when we trade with someone from our storage at a storage?
You would have to haul the items or possibly we can enhance the Package Delivery system being discussed elsewhere to deliver to Guild Storage instead of to e high rang Guild Member?

#4 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:49 PM

Sounds good, not to OP as to seem Pay to Win, but still useful.

Also need to think what happens to members who quit guild while in hall. Free trip to Hades? :-)

Bat17

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:53 PM

I think a member that guild quits while in the hall gets a free trip to UW without dropping anything, or maybe beam?

#6 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:03 PM

Probably beam is best, same if booted from guild in hall

Bat17

#7 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:05 PM

Should have at least a bowl of fruit to harvest in the hall???

#8 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:09 PM

View PostZian, on 17 November 2016 - 02:05 PM, said:

Should have at least a bowl of fruit to harvest in the hall???
I think it would be best for New Hour harvest exp if the actually had to leave the Guild Hall.

#9 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:22 PM

Why don't we focus on the things that are already on the list?

Like new items, new magic, new spawns.

Please.

#10 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:25 PM

View PostKaddy, on 17 November 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

Why don't we focus on the things that are already on the list?

Like new items, new magic, new spawns.

Please.
Where something like this is on the list would still have to be determined. This is something that is complex about that early discussion is needed.

#11 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:52 PM

I like the idea of it, perhaps make the guild halls buyable with GC as well and it doesn't have the premium features unless/until paid for, then can be put up for sale again later? Just a couple ideas for those without RL $.

#12 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:57 PM

This at least covers the entire Guild and help support OL. Plus, plats can be bought for GC as well.

#13 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:04 AM

This would be a great feature.

I would also like to see upgrade options like spending more plats to have an arena add-on or something of that nature, or perhaps other nice features. And maybe a cheaper version that does not have shared guild storage, but you get the map/message board stuff :)

#14 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:12 AM

Since access is limited to the same guild, what is the benefit with becoming OP or P2WIN for an Arena? You can't fight another player in your own guild after all, and if you leave the guild to fight you'll get thrown out of the map.

#15 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:53 AM

Maybe could merge SAWolf's idea with the guild halls? - http://www.other-lif...rea/#entry15941

#16 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:02 AM

View PostWarlock, on 18 November 2016 - 08:53 AM, said:

Maybe could merge SAWolf's idea with the guild halls? - http://www.other-lif...rea/#entry15941
One of the main features of the GuildHall is only Guild Members can enter. Anything like that would have to be something separate.

#17 sirdan

sirdan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationNaples Florida

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:54 AM

I think maybe a guild hall could use a few more features.

Maybe they are also fast read areas or something? fast regen would be p2win... I just feel like at the moment the main selling point is the guild storage. Ill try and think of some more features that arent p2win...

#18 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:24 AM

View Postsirdan, on 20 November 2016 - 10:54 AM, said:

I think maybe a guild hall could use a few more features.

Maybe they are also fast read areas or something? fast regen would be p2win... I just feel like at the moment the main selling point is the guild storage. Ill try and think of some more features that arent p2win...

I like SD's suggestion for a reading area/room adding some value to renting a GH. How about a teleport room to possible future event Maps like DTF.

Regards
Z

#19 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:05 PM

View PostLearner, on 18 November 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

Since access is limited to the same guild, what is the benefit with becoming OP or P2WIN for an Arena? You can't fight another player in your own guild after all, and if you leave the guild to fight you'll get thrown out of the map.

Good point. I wasn't thinking about that at all lol.

I like ideas like FRR or maybe Fast Regen (although you'd have to make it far from Storage to prevent abuse) and other stuff.

It's hard to do any of this without it having a P2Win aspect to it. In my opinion, if you're going to do it, you should go all out with other payable features like the FR or FRR, as long as they are balanced to what we already have and aren't clearly "pay for this, gain ridiculous benefit"

#20 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:46 PM

Thought of a several more 'rules' for the GuildHalls:

* Never invaded
* Joker is not allowed there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users