• Administrators
  • 1846 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:54 AM

It's still in the planning stage.

What we need a consensus on is:
1) What features for the initial version
2) Yearly Plat Cost
3) What priority coding wise

Once we have enough in #1, then #1, #2 could be put into a poll for approval. #3 can be in the Poll as well or bumping it up to a higher priority can happen with $'s/plats (as has been stated in the past in forums, things players agree on can have priorities bumped up higher for $'s, but not getting a feature added).

Other optional additions can be phased in later with separate approvals for those optional features and cost can be done. The more you try to put into a Poll the higher risk of dissension by players.

#42 Aine

Aine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:23 AM

+1 to moving this along!

1. I liked Learners initial post as far as what should be included at this time. If I am able to suggest a feature, I really liked KaddyS idea of having a little bit of a less cooldown, not near as much as TD, just a very small %
2. I think that 25-30 plats a year is an appropriate fee, but I also think there should be a fee of 1 plat a year for all guild members.
    3. As far as priority, as long as Zian has time and is able to make inside map,  it seems that will all the work done to NPC it wont be terribly hard to implement the Guild Halls.  I vote to let Learner fit it in where he sees fit.  Also, Note* to Zian  :    Beer Kegs and Wenches Please!!!!  

Just my suggestions :-)

#43 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:16 AM

1) I like L's original post too

2) I prefer monthly (or same as guild NPCs?)

3) No clue on priorities since I'm kind of blanking on other things that are on the radar atm. To me it seems like one of those things that Learner can quickly implement due to pure interest.

#44 AlddrA

AlddrA

• PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:18 AM

Agree with Aine.

Plat cost of 50 yearly is a reasonable request.   Guild members that want to take advantage of the guild hall would be required to pay a fee to the GM towards the cost of the yearly fee.  Or to whoever buys the plats for it:)

#45 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:52 PM

Yup, but the fee per member should be for use, not an automatic addition as guilds get loaded with dead accounts that cant be kicked.

#46 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1846 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:10 PM

Why can't dead accounts be kicked? We've had offline kick from Guild for a long time now.

#47 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:37 PM

ok, did no notice the change :-) no problem then

#48 Lunasauri

Lunasauri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:56 AM

I'd like to discuss using a guild storage bot when there are some members of the guild that have alts that are also in the guild.  Would both be allowed to trade with the storage bot?  Would only one member be allowed to use the bot?  Neither?

I personally like the idea of allowing both alts to deposit/withdraw from the storage bot for FAIR TRADES and for guild project purposes, but I see the potential for an unscrupulous person to take advantage of it, and use it to illegally transfer wealth (and all their Other-Life worldly goods) from one to the other.

How would this be policed?  Can the policing procedure be automated or streamlined to take as little time as possible?

I haven't voted yet, as I'd like to see this issue addressed first.

I'm also thinking that $25 annually, at a minimum, paid by the "guild" (a real person or persons end up paying this fee), and with the potential to ALSO charge the individual members of a guild, as hinted at in the original post, for basically the same benefits that are already being paid for by the guild itself is too rich for my blood.  So far, I see the price tag covering a guild specific message board,  guild storage bot, and the use of some guild-only space that would be a safe resting place free of invasions and joker that the guild could use to mix up a project if they so desired.

#49 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1846 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:35 PM

Keep in mind that the storage access will have logs, so if there are concerns they can be looked at. An automated system for me to use for monitoring may be added in the future, but not initially since the logs will help point out issues. Yes, what you pointed out is a concern when a player has multiple characters both in the same guild. That's also one of the reaqson there are details NPC Merchant logs as well.

#50 Aine

Aine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:06 AM

Wanted to give this topic a bump, Also, Learner mentioned that Zian was looking for ideas of what the Guild Hall might look like. Please post ideas and suggestions :-)

#51 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

View PostAine, on 19 May 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

Wanted to give this topic a bump, Also, Learner mentioned that Zian was looking for ideas of what the Guild Hall might look like. Please post ideas and suggestions :-)

Hi Aine - I have been thinking about the Guild Hall design just haven't put it into a format that I can share atm. However, if you have some thoughts please post here :)

I'm working on DL inside maps, MBB map, etc but should be able to start designing Guild Hall start of June.

Regards
Z

#52 AlddrA

AlddrA

• PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

Guild halls......fireplace with a big cauldron, chairs around a mixing table with mats strewn about, cushions for those that like to sit crossed legged on the floor, cupboards to store stuff in, hangings on the walls. :) :D :P ;)

#53 Eagle

Eagle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:20 AM

2 ideas off the top of my warped mind, 1: neat, clean, everything in order. 2: messy room, stuff lying around, spider webs in the corners
:D

#54 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

Can I just say i just found this topic and fully support it, as I had already set up a guild district in the Flying Citadel and was a pipe dream idea at the start of the Continent project.

I very much like this.

#55 Aine

Aine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

I still stick by my idea of beer kegs and wenches!!!  hehe,  but seriously ~ please?

or All the other ideas so far are perfect, i like bits of all the suggestions

#56 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

View PostAine, on 15 December 2016 - 09:23 AM, said:

2. I think that 25-30 plats a year is an appropriate fee, but I also think there should be a fee of 1 plat a year for all guild members.

So guilds with more members must pay more for the same service? And those of us who can't buy plats for various reasons cannot join guilds?

I suggest the following features:
1) Premium Guild Halls can only be accessed by guild members...under normal circumstances. See 4 below.
2) A PvP in area in guild hall that allow guild members engage in PvP combat for training..
3) If a guild member dies in Guild PK arena instead of going to UW you go to Guild medic station in  guild hall.
4) Guild houses can be raided by other Guilds if guilds are at war....standard rules of guild wars apply...plus you can only raid once a night and if you die  in enemy guild house you can't get back in until next nightly cycle.
5) Guilds are pay an additional 100kgc to keep their status, this will be kept in strong box that can be raided by warring guilds.

PS I also think the process of declaring a war should be formalized but that's for another thread.

#57 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:04 AM

I want sexy bar maid NPC's in ours that sell us wine and ale

#58 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted Today, 09:13 AM

For guild halls,I would suggest a banquet table, a lectern, a bar and a storage not in the sense that we have in OL, but in the sense of the same that you have at a train station, bars, etc. Anything with a cloakroom or bag holding area. That way it covers the political, social and practical needs of guilds. I would also maybe think about a sparring part for within guild pk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users