8 replies to this topic

#1 Kurama

Kurama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:56 AM

I think everyone would appreciate rework of gods quests on Elandria Jayden and Zarin.

Since those gods are not possible to get fully worshiped, there's no point in getting them which is ... disturbing.

Might be a good idea to change requested items or change the gods completely, I don't really think that getting more experiences is appropriate reward of worshiping a god in a MMORPG, I would say that they could provide hidden perks/passive skills, for example attack god would give you slightly better chance to hit, defense to block, harvest increased chance of getting positive harvesting events and decreased chance of getting negative harvesting events, alchemy smaller chance to crit/fail or bigger chance of getting special item (enriched essences or so), magic lowered mana costs or lesser chance to fail cast, potioning lesser food cost/lesser chance to crit fail, summoning better chance of summoning 2 creatures at a time or lower mana cost or small increase of the creatures strength, manufacture bigger chance of getting special item or lower crit/fail chance/lower food cost, crafting lower food cost or smaller chance of getting crit fail, ranging low% chance of retrieving shot arrow/bolt back, new overall god for extra XP to everything (would suggest 6-10%)

Any suggestions?

#2 Kurama

Kurama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

Edited... slightly

#3 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

These are all great suggestions Kurama.   Once Seridia is no more, we will certainly need either new gods or specialty gods.

#4 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:57 AM

View PostAlddrA, on 07 March 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

These are all great suggestions Kurama.   Once Seridia is no more, we will certainly need either new gods or specialty gods.

We'll need to consider new locations in Alroth for these gods.

Z

#5 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

The current editorial view is that each race is going to get their own unique set of Gods..
So lots of Gods, Lots of high priests, lots of temples...lots of work.

#6 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:08 AM

I like this idea however the ease of which gods can be changed currently (1 visit with the ings and hey presto extra xp).  The new benefits suggested. make me think they should be leveled like a skill. Worship level maybe

For example : a persons joins as an apprentice with the manu god. every item they manu a percentage of xp goes towards  their worship skill level the higher they level this the more bonuses/perks they receive.  Change to another god lose you worship level and start from scratch.

All this suggested without any regard to coding required....

#7 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:26 AM

If the changes proposed are moved forward (or in other words, are next on the priority list of changes down the road) then I would agree with OMG there needs to be an increased "challenge" to raise your worship level in order acquire the perks/benefits. Obviously it would be OP to just be like, "Hey I wanna worship you all of a sudden, here's the items. Perks plz thx" and go from new follower to top of the totem pole in 2 minutes.

At the end of the day: I am for the idea, but I'm sure it's not going to be high priority at this point. And it's probably a major code rework/change.

#8 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:52 PM

I like the extra EXP rather than little bonus's... These bonuses don't matter after a certain level afterall..

~Eats

#9 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:19 PM

Admittedly the perks/skills given are examples. The specifics can obviously be discussed in more detail to create a balance. And in my eyes, after a certain level in a non-combat skill at least, I care less about the exp bonuses since I'm focusing on making stuff and getting exp is an afterthought. Again, just my view.

Having the option to choose the extra exp or a perk/skill once a certain level of worship has been obtained is another possibility (e.g. you can select either +4% exp or some perk). Eliminates that subjectivity from a gameplay standpoint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users