Jump to content

  •  

Invasion Masters

do we have enough?

  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 AlddrA

AlddrA

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:14 AM

There has been 2 polls to elect Invasion Masters.  http://www.other-lif...ic/1176-new-im/

Congrats to SAWolf to being elected to IM.

There have been some unforeseeable circumstances that has prevented one of the two IM's from participating.

Over the last year, most of the weekend invasions have fallen on one shoulder, 'SAWolf'. It is fortunate she was available to do this.

However, life has intruded on her time available to keep doing this as much as she has.

Do you think we should have another poll to elect a third IM to take the pressure off the two we now have?

Please state your opinions.

Thank you

AlddrA

#2 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 1846 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:20 AM

At least Grimm has been able to be around more, but we may lose him with the summer Heat if we are unlucky. Achilles still hs IM permissions and has done hit-N-run invasions on rare occasion as well.

#3 BattleWizard

BattleWizard

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Location-

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:24 AM

It seems difficult no doubt, and personally I'd like to, but im always busy one day out of the weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun) as it is unfortunately, so I cannot :(

Good job on all current IM's however, I really can't complain.

Edit: But perhaps one more responsible IM wouldn't hurt.

#4 ebattleon

ebattleon

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:25 AM

Don't we have im's in waiting already?

#5 Vinoveritas

Vinoveritas

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:26 AM

think we need someone who can be aruond european time and one around american time, as i see it grimm is more on american time

#6 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 1846 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:31 AM

View Postebattleon, on 20 February 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

Don't we have im's in waiting already?
Two other people were trained as IM's and they went inactive as IM and haven't even been able to when make canned invasions or DL spawns.

#7 ebattleon

ebattleon

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

Well with that understood...let the IM polls begin!!!

#8 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 1846 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

View Postebattleon, on 20 February 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

Well with that understood...let the IM polls begin!!!
You can't have a Poll until a pool of names of people willing for a tough job that the players can trust is assembled!

#9 AlddrA

AlddrA

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:44 AM

Yes, not only do we need opinions here, we also need suggestions who to recommend for the job. <_<

#10 ebattleon

ebattleon

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:49 AM

If you want names you want BW and WB would get my votes. Both surprising younger (in years) OL players with excellent morals.

#11 Kaddy

Kaddy

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

After all those bitching, I wouldn't go as candidate. :P

Well just kidding.

Still I would love to be an IM but sports + work + marriage takes over a huge amount of time of mine. Otherwise I would love, but my invasions would be too much of an xp/gc fest :D

-Kaddy

#12 Grimm

Grimm

    Teh Reaper

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostKaddy, on 20 February 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

After all those bitching, I wouldn't go as candidate. :P

Well just kidding.

Still I would love to be an IM but sports + work + marriage takes over a huge amount of time of mine. Otherwise I would love, but my invasions would be too much of an xp/gc fest :D

-Kaddy

I hear ya bout RL, + the work needed in development  + game enhancement and progression.  The IM job now includes alot more than doing just invasions on weekends and hosting events.

#13 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:19 PM

With the current invasion coverage, I personally don't have any complaints about downtime as a voice within the American/Canadian timezone so perhaps an IM for our European buddies would be more priority, if selecting only one IM. Obviously, better to start training an IM now and help with additional IM coverage soon instead of waiting for the absolute ideal candidate down the road (especially if Grimm could be around less during the summer as L mentioned).

I can't throw out any names off the top of my head, but I'll voice my opinions if names do come up. No doubt it's a difficult position, so at least one additional person helping shoulder the load the current IMs have would be great!

I do appreciate my name being thrown in by you, Eb. While I do have an interest, I'll gladly return to the shadows for more active (and probably more well known) individuals as discussions hopefully continue since I'm only active on the weekends. :P

#14 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:50 PM

If needed, I am willing to run again, I doubt I will get the spot, but I might as well make use of my AFK'ery during the weekends! So if you want, count me in as the 3rd runner.

#15 Grimm

Grimm

    Teh Reaper

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:25 PM

FYI Sawolf is active for Euro time zones.  She may not be online all those times but does log in to check the invasion status and keeps an eye on through web access.  Many times she logs in to see if I fell asleep when I online at the beginning of Euro time.

I feel bad because sometimes she stays online and active awaiting for me to show signs of life before she logs during US timezone. because I usually sleep during Euro evenigs and US mornings.

In regards of voting for a new IM.

Yes I may end up being offline for periods of time due to lack of internet because of the 5x's price I need to pay for energy, on bed rest from traveling in the extreme heat, or personal health issues regarding my heart and blood pressure.  We were hoping between Achillies, Wizzy, SAWolf and Myself that we would have enough coverage for anyone's real life situations.

As for training IM to prepare them, for IM on main.

View PostLearner, on 20 February 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

View Postebattleon, on 20 February 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

Don't we have im's in waiting already?
Two other people were trained as IM's and they went inactive as IM and haven't even been able to when make canned invasions or DL spawns.
This is why we went forward with the community voice over allowing multiple people to have an IM status.  I think we should evaluate their progress and contributions to OL's progression.   Upon this evaluation decide if they should be considered as candidates, and if not should they continue to have this status.

Thus before polling to give someone this level of trust and responsibility.  Which now requires tough work in development and game enhancement, and don't forget being able to take the harsh criticism from the OL community.  We should review current IM statuses and reasonably evaluate before we continue moving forward with another poll for IM.

#16 AlddrA

AlddrA

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:26 AM

Yes agreed.   If the previous elected IMs (meaning the spares) are not doing the job they volunteered for, then why do they still have the status?

But getting off subject, sorry.

I would like to assure everyone that this post in no way criticizes the present 2 IMs (i.e. Grimm, SAWolf).   It was written to have backup for Grimm when he is unable to IM and to help SW out during that time.

Trying to think ahead and be prepared for the summer stress. :D

#17 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 1846 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:10 AM

View PostAlddrA, on 22 February 2017 - 06:26 AM, said:

Yes agreed.   If the previous elected IMs (meaning the spares) are not doing the job they volunteered for, then why do they still have the status?

But getting off subject, sorry.

I would like to assure everyone that this post in no way criticizes the present 2 IMs (i.e. Grimm, SAWolf).   It was written to have backup for Grimm when he is unable to IM and to help SW out during that time.

Trying to think ahead and be prepared for the summer stress. :D
I have been considering changing their status on Test.

#18 CoduX

CoduX

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:47 PM

The way I see it

Achilles - AWOL
Grimm - More active now these days but might lose him? Great at invasions
SAWolf - Absolutely top job on invasions
Warlock/Bplz - ONLY ON TEST - not on much due to his new baby and other RL commitments but has potential to make excellent invasions.
Duece - ONLY ON TEST - Been AWOL since he has not a working computer, but will be back on once he does buy a new one.

Where does this leave us?

From just the tip of the iceberg,
I'd like to think I am up to the challenge as I have been here since pretty much the start, have gained an extensive knowledge throughout the years of asking questions and "off the wall" learning from various IM's to know what would make not just a decent, but a good invasion. I have done invasions for over 4 years on OL to know various tricks on what to spawn and where and think I could give people a fun time where it's not too OP, but still challenging. Not too easy, but still can be completed by new players.
I realize that IM's do get "smacked around" a little if players don't like their invasions or if something is wrong. I myself have been guilty in doing this in the past, but over time I've become much more aware of just how difficult it is for an IM to please everyone. You can't please everybody and it's just the way it is.

Thus, I'd like to put myself down as a candidate. With that being said though, everybody here that has expressed interest or been mentioned (BZ, WB, Kaddy, Eats) are more than up for the challenge I feel as well.

I'd like to also mention Zian/Alddra as candidates, as they have enough experience doing invasions if they chose to express their interest as candidates.

Main question for me is what timezone are we looking at? If European/American then might be a bit more difficult for myself but can stay up just to start up invasions for the Americans and Europeans.
In my previous experience of playing, in my timezone (Oceania/Asia) there are still several people online (late night Americans, may one or two Europeans) and the rest are a couple of aussies which we miss out on invasions during this time because of no IM in this part of the day. While you could argue that there are still mobs from the US/europe invasion, a lot of them are leftovers.

Either way, I would be willing to do any timezone.

#19 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:39 PM

View PostCoduX, on 22 February 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

The way I see it

Achilles - AWOL
Grimm - More active now these days but might lose him? Great at invasions
SAWolf - Absolutely top job on invasions
Warlock/Bplz - ONLY ON TEST - not on much due to his new baby and other RL commitments but has potential to make excellent invasions.
Duece - ONLY ON TEST - Been AWOL since he has not a working computer, but will be back on once he does buy a new one.

Where does this leave us?

From just the tip of the iceberg,
I'd like to think I am up to the challenge as I have been here since pretty much the start, have gained an extensive knowledge throughout the years of asking questions and "off the wall" learning from various IM's to know what would make not just a decent, but a good invasion. I have done invasions for over 4 years on OL to know various tricks on what to spawn and where and think I could give people a fun time where it's not too OP, but still challenging. Not too easy, but still can be completed by new players.
I realize that IM's do get "smacked around" a little if players don't like their invasions or if something is wrong. I myself have been guilty in doing this in the past, but over time I've become much more aware of just how difficult it is for an IM to please everyone. You can't please everybody and it's just the way it is.

Thus, I'd like to put myself down as a candidate. With that being said though, everybody here that has expressed interest or been mentioned (BZ, WB, Kaddy, Eats) are more than up for the challenge I feel as well.

I'd like to also mention Zian/Alddra as candidates, as they have enough experience doing invasions if they chose to express their interest as candidates.

Main question for me is what timezone are we looking at? If European/American then might be a bit more difficult for myself but can stay up just to start up invasions for the Americans and Europeans.
In my previous experience of playing, in my timezone (Oceania/Asia) there are still several people online (late night Americans, may one or two Europeans) and the rest are a couple of aussies which we miss out on invasions during this time because of no IM in this part of the day. While you could argue that there are still mobs from the US/europe invasion, a lot of them are leftovers.

Either way, I would be willing to do any timezone.

The timezone I feel is no issue for me, or really the others as we all have stayed up countless nights through American/Euro times. *guilty*

#20 ebattleon

ebattleon

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:05 AM

For those volunteering please read the subtext...you not only going to be signing up to be an IM but more. Just a FYI




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users