•  

Poll: Proposed Perks

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Should these Perk categories move into development? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Pure Fighting

1. Yes (36 votes [83.72%])

Percentage of vote: 83.72%

2. No, or we need to work on these more first (7 votes [16.28%])

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

Ranger Perks

1. Yes (32 votes [74.42%])

Percentage of vote: 74.42%

2. No, or we need to work on these more first (11 votes [25.58%])

Percentage of vote: 25.58%

Pure Mixing

1. Yes (33 votes [76.74%])

Percentage of vote: 76.74%

2. No, or we need to work on these more first (10 votes [23.26%])

Percentage of vote: 23.26%

Pure Harvesting

1. Yes (31 votes [72.09%])

Percentage of vote: 72.09%

2. No, or we need to work on these more first (12 votes [27.91%])

Percentage of vote: 27.91%

General Benefits & Special Perks

1. Yes (30 votes [69.77%])

Percentage of vote: 69.77%

2. No, or we need to work on these more first (13 votes [30.23%])

Percentage of vote: 30.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

The following Perks have been proposed to be developed. This Poll is to see if people think the Perks are reasonable enough to begin development. If approved, after development during testing the final benefit values & Perk Point costs will still have to be tuned as people can feel how things work.

Note: It may come up during development that some Perks may require some adjustments. Do not assume these Perks will be available via a Cloak despite the original discussion. Cloaks do not have to be tied to these Perks and having multiple tiers of Perks vs how Cloaks were have issues currently!

There will be a later Poll before any of these will go live to approve them!

The original discussions thread is at: http://www.other-lif...to-choose-from/

Pure Fighting:

Lucky hitter: (cannot combine with lucky dodge)
7% Lucky hit   - 1pp -   +7% chance to hit,   -5% chance to dodge, regardless of combat stats
14% Lucky hit - 1pp - +14% chance to hit, -10% chance to dodge, regardless of combat stats
25% Lucky hit - 1pp - +25% chance to hit, regardless of combat stats

Lucky dodge: (cannot combine with lucky hit)
7% Lucky dodge   - 1pp -   +7% chance to dodge,   -5% chance to hit, regardless of combat stats
14% Lucky dodge - 1pp - +14% chance to dodge, -10% chance to hit, regardless of combat stats
25% Lucky dodge - 1pp - +25% chance to dodge, regardless of combat stats

Dancing:
-3 Multi pen - 1pp - Defense penalty when fighting multiple opponents decreased to -3 (-2 accuracy for every 4 mobs)
-2 Multi pen - 1pp - Defense penalty when fighting multiple opponents decreased to -2 (-2 accuracy for every 4 mobs)
-1 Multi pen - 1pp - Defense penalty when fighting multiple opponents decreased to -1

Tank: (Only takes affect when no weapon is equipped, a shield is equiped, cannot cast offensive magic)
(Cannot combine with Two Handed Wielding)
Tank 1 - 1pp - Base Equip Armor + 10% of Base Equip Armor (+1 defense, -1 attack per every 2 mobs)
Tank 2 - 1pp - Base Equip Armor + 20% of Base Equip Armor (+2 defense, -1 attack per every 2 mobs)
Tank 3 - 1pp - Base Equip Armor + 50% of Base Equip Armor (+2 defense per every 2 mob)

Two Handed Wielding
(only takes affect when no shield is equipped, a weapon is equipped)
(Cannot combine with Tank)
Two Handed Wielding 1 - 1pp - Base - Base Gear Damage  + 10% of Base Gear Damage (+1 attack, -1 Defense per every 2 mobs)
Two Handed Wielding 2 - 1pp - Base - Base Gear Damage  + 20% of Base Gear Damage (+2 attack, -1 Defense per every 2 mobs)
Two Handed  Wielding 3 - 1pp - Base - Base Gear Damage  + 50% of Base Gear Damage (+2 attack per every 2 mobs)

Mirror:
(Cannot be combined with Life Steal)
(Rounding away from zero, .5 would round to 1, .4 round to 0)
(would mirror the amount the mob is about to hit, not affected by perk users stats, and hit back, eg. if mob hits you for 10 and you absorb all that damage, it will still mirror back)
3% Mirror - 1pp - +3% of all incoming damage mirrored, -1 armor every 2 mobs
6% Mirror - 1pp - +6% of all incoming damage mirrored, -1 armor every 4 mobs
12% Mirror - 1pp - +12% of all incoming damage mirrored

Life Steal:
(Cannot be combined with Mirror)
(Rounding away from zero, .5 would round to 1, .4 round to 0)
Life steal 1  - 1pp - 2% of all outgoing damage healed,  -1 damage every 2 mobs
Life steal 2  - 1pp - 4% of`all outgoing damage healed,  -1 damage every 2 mobs
Life steal 3  - 1pp - 8% of all outgoing damage healed

No More Tears
(Note: as when multiple mobs are on you, the rate of getting hit increases, that also increases break rate, so that is why number of mobs increases this perk)
No More Tears 1 - 1pp - 50%   Decrease in gear breaking in combat, multiplied every 2 mobs (gear is +0.5 times as durable per 2 mobs)
No More Tears 2 - 1pp - 100% Decrease in gear breaking in combat, multiplied every 2 mobs (gear is + 1 times as durable per 2 mobs)
No More Tears 3 - 1pp - 200% Decrease in gear breaking in combat, multiplied every 2 mobs (gear is + 2 times as durable per 2 mobs)

Offensive Mage
10% Offense Mage` - 1pp - 10% increase in offensive magic strength/duration
20% Offense Mage  - 1pp - 20% increase in offensive magic strength/duration
30% Offense Mage  - 1pp - 30% increase in offensive magic strength/duration

Efficient Mage
Efficient Mage 1 - 1pp -   +4% chance to not use resources or mana.
Efficient Mage 2 - 1pp -   +8% chance to not use resources or mana.
Efficient Mage 3 - 1pp - +12% chance to not use resources or mana.

Ranger Perks:

Eagle’s Eye (when bow equipped)
+2 Increase In accuracy
+4 Increase In accuracy
+6 Increase In accuracy

Lucky Archer (where the arrows will be, either in your inventory or target inventory or a bag will be determined)
4% Chance of not losing arrows shot.
8% Chance of not losing arrows shot.
15% Chance of not losing arrows shot.

Pure Mixing:

Batch Mixer
(can make as many as you have food for up until the # of copies of level)
(note 2: this may be a game feature in the future instead)
Batch 1 - 1 pp - Allows mixing of 10 copies of an item simultaneously.
Batch 2 - 1 pp - Allows mixing of 20 copies of an item simultaneously.
Batch 3 - 1 pp - Allows mixing of 50 copies of an item simultaneously.

Artificer
Artificer 1 - 1 pp - 10% increased rare mixes.
Artificer 2 - 1 pp - 20% increased rare mixes.
Artificer 3 - 1 pp - 40% increased rare mixes.

Effective Mixer
Recycler 1 - 1 pp - 0.5% chance to not` lose ingredients with a successful mix.
Recycler 2 - 1 pp - 1% chance to not lose ingredients with a successful mix.
Recycler 3 - 1 pp - 2% chance to not lose ingredients with a successful mix.

Careful Mixer
Careful Mixer 1 - 1 pp - 10% chance to not lose ingredients on critical failure.
Careful Mixer 2 - 1 pp - 20% chance to not lose ingredients on critical failure.
Careful Mixer 3 - 1 pp - 30% chance to not lose ingredients on critical failure.

Bone Eater: (+30 Food)
Bone Eater 1 - 1 pp - Can eat bones every (8s), 4% chance to drop food level to zero
Bone Eater 2 - 1 pp - Can eat bones every (6s), 2% chance to drop food level to zero
Bone Eater 3 - 1 pp - Can eat bones every (2s)

Pure Harvesting:

Excavator
(cannot combine with excavator cloak)
(This is a reduction in MN damage and an increase in gold/XP bonus/stone finding events..number of total events does not change..just shifts the mean from good/bad 50/50 to 60/40, 70/30, 90/10).
Excavator 1 - 1 pp - Increase harvest speed by 100%,  10% shift towards good harvesting events. +10% food usage while harvesting
Excavator 2 - 1 pp - Increase harvest speed by 120%,  20% shift towards good harvesting events. +20% food usage while harvesting
Excavator 3 - 1 pp - Increase harvest speed by 130%,  30% shift towards good harvesting events. +30% food usage while harvesting

General Benefits

Cool down reduction
Cool down 1 - 1pp - 10% reduction in all cool down times
Cool down 2 - 1pp - 20% reduction in all cool down times
Cool down 3 - 1pp - 35% reduction in all cool down times

Healthy Guy
Healthy Guy 1 - 1pp - Increase base health by 10% (0.5% chance to heal 25 when hit)
Healthy Guy 2 - 1pp - Increase base health by 20% (1% chance to heal 25 when hit)
Healthy Guy 3 - 1pp - Increase base health by 50% (2% chance to heal 25 when hit)

Magic Guy
Magic Guy 1 - 1pp - Increase base mana by 10% (0.5% chance to restores 25 mana when hit)
Magic Guy 2 - 1pp - Increase base mana by 20% (1% chance to restores 25 mana when hit)
Magic Guy 3 - 1pp - Increase base mana by 50% (2% chance to restores 25 mana when hit)

Such Macho (Cannot use a pack with this perk)
100 Hoarder - 1pp - Increase emu by 100
200 Hoarder - 1pp - Increase emu by 200
500 Hoarder - 1pp - Increase emu by 500

Much Nomz wow
+20 Max Food - 1pp - Increase maximum food 20
+40 Max Food - 1pp - Increase maximum food 40
+80 Max Food - 1pp - Increase maximum food 80

Special Perks:

Gatherer Perk - 1pp - Same effect as gatherer medallion. (#text command on/off)
Zen: - 1pp -  Heals 6 Health and 8 Mana every minute.
Pharaoh - 10% chance to drop nothing when you die.

Poll paid for by SimAnt

#2 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

Cast my votes, said no to some and yes to some.  Not going to tell you which ones:)

#3 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

voted, I think we need to think how the resets for perks will work too!

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

View PostAlddrA, on 08 March 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

Cast my votes, said no to some and yes to some.  Not going to tell you which ones:)
That's why they were broken into sets like this. Anything that doesn't get a high enough vote can be tuned or reconsidered at a later time since we may easily add more at a later date.

#5 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:23 PM

Would invasion mobs have access to these perks?

I note that Irish boss has a perk already, Hawks too

#6 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:23 AM

I do not agree with Gatherer medallion being a perk; it's one of the only higher levelled crafting items currently available to mixers.

#7 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:57 AM

View PostPandemiC, on 09 March 2017 - 04:23 AM, said:

I do not agree with Gatherer medallion being a perk; it's one of the only higher levelled crafting items currently available to mixers.

I think we need a few more high level medallions that can be used. Because right now you don't really use any other med except Gatherer and personally I want to use like stars or uni med while collecting bags.

But I see your point and you are right.

#8 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:27 AM

View PostKaddy, on 09 March 2017 - 05:57 AM, said:

I think we need a few more high level medallions that can be used. Because right now you don't really use any other med except Gatherer and personally I want to use like stars or uni med while collecting bags.

Totally agree; I think it can be introduced at a later point, and might be nice for those pure a/d but as you said we would need to see some variation in the higher level medallions.

#9 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:29 AM

View PostPandemiC, on 09 March 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

Totally agree; I think it can be introduced at a later point, and might be nice for those pure a/d but as you said we would need to see some variation in the higher level medallions.
Then down vote that category for now ... and why are you only giving feedback to SimAnt NOW when that other thread has been up for about two weeks?

#10 SimAnt

SimAnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:36 AM

View PostLearner, on 09 March 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

Then down vote that category for now ... and why are you only giving feedback to SimAnt NOW when that other thread has been up for about two weeks?

View PostLearner, on 08 March 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

There will be a later Poll before any of these will go live to approve them!
Or he can vote to develop the category, and vote down the specific perk when it comes up until the community feels it will not unbalance the game.
I agree with Kaddy, but someone would need to start a discussion on additional high level medallions then!

also, i rarely use gatherer anyways because i like my uni medallion. Its why i'm a litterbug, why expensive things get left in bags, and why people partially complain about drops. So less bag spam if this perk gets voted in potentially.

#11 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

I voted no on all categories besides ranging because in each category there are plenty of perks who have not be discussed, at least not in this thread "http://www.other-lif.../page__st__40".

Ranging I upvoted because I can guess their impact from from the EL.

Yes, it is of course nice to have more powerful characters, but  consider the tanking perk and combine it with the dancing perk ....  I find it pretty ridiculous that the your defense should increase the more mobs are on you. I see us summoning rats on the tank next time in PK so that the tank can tank a mob ... Moreover, this combo is the perfect boss serper combo ... especially if you also take the mirror perk.

I can see the reasoning with the dancing perk that it should make it maybe more difficult to serp a boss from a horde, but come on: -4 accuracy wont cut it unless IMs decide to make the bosses much stronger than the horde.  

Secondly: as far as I can tell none of these perks have been tested. Ideally this should happen on test, but I can see that nobody will be willing to spend days on test to really find out what they do for one.

I also feel that they should be somewhat balanced if they all cost the same perk-points. I am in no position to really tell, but I feel for instance that the mixing perks may not be balanced at all, i.e. the bone-eater is imho pretty powerful.

I also see problems with the gatherer perk as pointed out by Kaddy.

The real problem is imho that a discussion is useless if there is no basis for judgement and at the moment I do not see such a basis unless for those perks which are similar to EL.  

I would feel much better if perks would be introduced only on a temporary basis with the understanding that we vote on them in 6 months or so to become final. In the mean time, we can collect experience, L can collect some statistics which perks are used heavily and which are underused before we discuss them once more.

#12 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

View PostLearner, on 09 March 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

Did you say that to me or Pande?

#13 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

Blakkat, I like you but I never like your posts in forums.

You either did not read the first post or you don't know what you are talking about.

First of all, tank perks only works when you don't have a weapon on. So good luck serping bosses barehanded with current damage output of might attribute.

Second, why do you want to kill someone that DOESN'T have weapon on while fighting multiple opponents? If they are alone with tank perk, just use an archer or mage to kill or it would be still easier to kill someone without weapon's +defense bonus.

And some of mixing perks are much stronger, such as batch mix or +%130 harv speed.

And keep in mind that this poll is just to vote on the IDEAS of perks, not completely approve with current bonuses or perk points.

You say these perks have no basis yet you don't come up with a basis to talk about. I have been calculating the difference between these to make a choice among them in terms or resource or time spent but I don't see such an approach from you.

So these points make your post completely irrelevant, thanks for spendig time tho.

#14 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

View PostKaddy, on 09 March 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

And some of mixing perks are much stronger, such as batch mix or +%130 harv speed.

I think that batch mixing is fairly limited as the speed of mixing is controlled by food cooldown.
Combined with bones there will be an improvement, or mixing low lvl items with feast pots but of itself it will not do much when mixing higher lvl items.

Bat17

#15 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:21 PM

View PostBat17, on 09 March 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

I think that batch mixing is fairly limited as the speed of mixing is controlled by food cooldown.
Combined with bones there will be an improvement, or mixing low lvl items with feast pots but of itself it will not do much when mixing higher lvl items.

Bat17
As has been stated previously, we have been talking about making multiple items with a different formula instead of needing a Perk, that also make Batch Mixing almost useless since that's less Perk Points available.

#16 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

Blakkat, I like you but I never like your posts in forums.

You either did not read the first post or you don't know what you are talking about.

Sorry, seems that I missed that they should go only into development, however, it is unclear what that means as opposed to the discussion.

First of all, tank perks only works when you don't have a weapon on. So good luck serping bosses barehanded with current damage output of might attribute.

Because I made a business out of killing the invance dragon in EL with an 50/120 char. So you totally can kill them with mirror.

Second, why do you want to kill someone that DOESN'T have weapon on while fighting multiple opponents? If they are alone with tank perk, just use an archer or mage to kill or it would be still easier to kill someone without weapon's +defense bonus.

Why would you want to do that in the first place? To farm XP? The combo tank/mage or tank/archer can also be encouraged in a more reasonable manner by upping the overall def instead of making it dependent on the number of mobs.

Even worse, but I think the point is mute if the idea is only in development, i.e. when still adjustments are being made.

And keep in mind that this poll is just to vote on the IDEAS of perks, not completely approve with current bonuses or perk points.

Sorry, got that only now. Still, I feel that more discussion is needed.

You say these perks have no basis yet you don't come up with a basis to talk about. I have been calculating the difference between these to make a choice among them in terms or resource or time spent but I don't see such an approach from you.

No, I did not because I already said what the basis needs to be and my posts have been ignored. I know that you have a much better idea how the combat system is working than pretty much anybody but L, so willing to trust your estimates. But I also know that not many people who actually know it (and that includes some pretty highly respectable fighters) and I would not be surprised if there are things even you do not know. So I would like to see testing. And I make this point again: when we switch to the new combat system all needs to be redone.

So these points make your post completely irrelevant, thanks for spending time tho.

Maybe the point is that suddenly perks come out of the woodwork with totally undocumented thoughts, at least not documented in the relevant thread.

#17 SimAnt

SimAnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:25 PM

This is a poll for Learner to spend his time, developing a perk system that  could handle these types of perks.
only difference is if you vote no, learner will not develop those perk and we can't tune it.
Its not a poll to push these perks as is to main.
Some perks may be OP combined together, learner will be spending his time developing a system that limits perk interactions.
All of these bonus and negative are subject to change per testing.

#18 SimAnt

SimAnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

View PostBat17, on 09 March 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

Bat17
I'm just not much of a mixer, and i didn't get many suggestions for mixing perks. You can compile a list in a separate thread and they can be used with the new perk system.

#19 Ashitaka

Ashitaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNorth of Québec

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

Howmany perks are we going to be able to take ?

#20 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:38 PM

View PostAshitaka, on 09 March 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

Howmany perks are we going to be able to take ?

With 1 perk point every 10 levels, a max of 10 perks will be able to be taken (tiers included), so anywhere from 4-10 at the max level. But most only a max of 3-9. Techincally everyone a max of 3-9 currently as nobody has breached overall level 100.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users