12 replies to this topic

#1 BattleWizard

BattleWizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Location-

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:22 PM

Hey all! Doing a Creature/Monster Mesh update since its 2017 and here we are nearly 15 years later with the same plain meshes. Now I am NOT a pro with doing hi-res meshes/texures, especially since I am limited to the small pictures that need to match the actual models, so here goes some pics of what to expect! I will release a pack once it is all done, hopefully later tonight, any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Mobs not updated: Snakes, Penguins, Leo/Snow Leopards, Feran, Panther, Panda, Lion, Tiger, WT, Unicorn
Feros, Yeti, Cockatrice, Giant, Dragons. (Will be done eventually!)
A link to the download can be found here. http://www.other-lif...ster-mesh-pack/

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 ebattleon

ebattleon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:25 PM

nice work Bw

#3 AlddrA

AlddrA

• PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

Keep up the fantastic work....looking great \o/

How's that for feedback :P :D

#4 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

Cool!

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1765 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

Actually, I know of at least 2 full revamps that have happened to EL over the years. But freshening is good, plus adding a different texture to a model is another way to get another mob into game visually.

#6 BattleWizard

BattleWizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Location-

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

View PostLearner, on 18 March 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

Actually, I know of at least 2 full revamps that have happened to EL over the years. But freshening is good, plus adding a different texture to a model is another way to get another mob into game visually.

I believe the last was in 2007 tho. some haven't been updated before that as far as I can remember, but true.

#7 BattleWizard

BattleWizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Location-

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

Here are the Monster Meshes as well.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:16 AM

They are pretty cool! Of course I'm typically the type to ignore what things look like anyway, but I know lots of people care about this kind of thing. Sometimes good art can make or break a game ;)

#9 AlddrA

AlddrA

• PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:57 AM

Still looking good :) :rolleyes:

#10 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:14 AM

Which programs do you use for the meshes and design? Are you just editing them in Photoshop? Or changing their shape and such entirely on their skeleton thing?

#11 BattleWizard

BattleWizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Location-

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:31 AM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 20 March 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

Which programs do you use for the meshes and design? Are you just editing them in Photoshop? Or changing their shape and such entirely on their skeleton thing?

Hate to admit, but just a simple Paint.net program. Because their meshes are dependent on their models, I am limited to how good I can make an image based off the size of that image from the model.

It's not a permanent fix to models/animation/meshes that truly need fixes, but its something I had time to do, and pays off for the time spent in it.

#12 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1765 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:34 AM

View PostBattleWizard, on 22 March 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

Hate to admit, but just a simple Paint.net program. Because their meshes are dependent on their models, I am limited to how good I can make an image based off the size of that image from the model.

It's not a permanent fix to models/animation/meshes that truly need fixes, but its something I had time to do, and pays off for the time spent in it.
Technically he's working with the textures that are applied to the mesh. Editting the actual mesh is part of the model work.

#13 BattleWizard

BattleWizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Location-

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:48 AM

View PostLearner, on 22 March 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

View PostBattleWizard, on 22 March 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

Technically he's working with the textures that are applied to the mesh. Editting the actual mesh is part of the model work.

And true, I've been so used to seeing the "meshes" folder, it's kinda messed up my terminology! lol..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users