•  

Poll: New IM

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Who are the two best possible IM's for OL from these players? (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you think would be the best IM?

1. ohmygod (withdrawn) (1 votes [2.17%])

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

2. Ebattleon (withdrawn) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. WaterBottle (17 votes [36.96%])

Percentage of vote: 36.96%

4. Mixi (2 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

5. EatsAllLife (1 votes [2.17%])

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

6. AlddrA (3 votes [6.52%])

Percentage of vote: 6.52%

7. SimAnt (late addition) (22 votes [47.83%])

Percentage of vote: 47.83%

Who do you think is the second best person for IM (don't vote for the same person)?

1. ohmygod (withdrawn) (2 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

2. Ebattleon (withdrawn) (0 votes [0.00%])

3. WaterBottle (11 votes [23.91%])

Percentage of vote: 23.91%

4. Mixi (11 votes [23.91%])

Percentage of vote: 23.91%

5. EatsAllLife (0 votes [0.00%])

6. AlddrA (17 votes [36.96%])

Percentage of vote: 36.96%

7. SimAnt (late addition) (5 votes [10.87%])

Percentage of vote: 10.87%

Vote

#61 SimAnt

SimAnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:49 PM

I feel I am capable enough to do all the things Learner listed.

I would like to say, I think WaterBottle is a good candidate for IM, and I endorse this candidate in the second poll.

That said, I'm not a fan of the negative campaigning coming from the other candidates and their supporters. If you are going to imply impropriety by a candidate, Learner has a system to log of all of the commands used by IM's to prevent abuse.

#62 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:08 PM

I'm going to step in here because at this point because I feel like I need to.

It's fine to voice your opinions and reasoning behind your vote, but it shouldn't be reduced negative campaigning, as SimAnt put, and personal attacks on the candidates. I told Sim this when he first became part of the vote, but my voting criteria was who I thought would be a good IM outside of myself (it goes without question I believe I can be). I firmly believe Sim is a good candidate and thus I voted for him.

Related to what Sim said, whomever makes through the IM training (even that is no guarantee) will be under constant watch and evaluation from both the other IMs, as well as the community.

#63 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:09 AM

Why vote i reckon, if people want to be IMs the more online the better and the more opportunities for fun. DTF/Boss challange thing invasions, PK events? etc

#64 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1961 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:11 AM

View PostWaterBottle, on 16 May 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

I'm going to step in here because at this point because I feel like I need to.

It's fine to voice your opinions and reasoning behind your vote, but it shouldn't be reduced negative campaigning, as SimAnt put, and personal attacks on the candidates. I told Sim this when he first became part of the vote, but my voting criteria was who I thought would be a good IM outside of myself (it goes without question I believe I can be). I firmly believe Sim is a good candidate and thus I voted for him.

Related to what Sim said, whomever makes through the IM training (even that is no guarantee) will be under constant watch and evaluation from both the other IMs, as well as the community.
You should still vote for yourself in one of the Polls, I do recommend in the first one though.

#65 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1153 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:24 AM

View Postohmygod, on 17 May 2017 - 02:09 AM, said:

Why vote i reckon, if people want to be IMs the more online the better and the more opportunities for fun. DTF/Boss challange thing invasions, PK events? etc

Organising I imagine. More people, the more you need to coordinate and know what everyone is doing. I would say it might be worth while making a seperate event coordinators, so that IM's can concentrate on invasions, and making them the best they can be, and others could concentrate on the specific events like DTF and setting up PK contests or other events. I think that would allow them more time to make the events even better. (I would also say Ach, and when/if Grimm comes back, they should still be able to do both, as well as SA)

but that's probably for a different thread

#66 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:14 AM

The problem with the poll in here is;

If Sim gets the first poll as winner, even if WaterBottle took second most vote from the first poll (which is also second most votes among all), you'd pick someone else other than WaterBottle.

So it should be a single poll and first and second most votes should get the role.

#67 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1961 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:35 AM

The Poll system is either vote for one, are as many as you want. It didn't give me an option to allow only two votes. But, I already know how I'll handle the final numbers anyways.

#68 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:31 AM

View PostKaddy, on 14 May 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

Ald - lack of strategic thinking: it is very important for me to pick someone who has fighting-thinking in mind. And sorry but I think Ald has none. If you can't find solutions to different types of invasions, you can't create one.

I disagree with this really, cant base IM'ing over combat strategic thinking, look at where SAWolf started and where she is now. Ald has alot more time to study the IM guide and get training on test by her fellow guildie. If all else fails she would still be a good test server IM and could probably help with canned invasions. I changed my vote from Wb for 1st to Simant, and Ald for 2nd. She is about the most trust worthy player OL has ever had, and in general a great person.

There was talk a year or so back about another type of 'Mod', one which could possibly run events; DTF/MBB, since they are automated now, would it be a bad thing to progress with that? One who could possibly have restricted demigod powers limited to events only, and full IM powers on test server?

#69 Adele

Adele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:10 PM

Hi , I changed my vote to ,cause  I am a fickle person. .....>

#70 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

I know it may be (and most likely is) late. But aye, campaign speeches are things. So why not give it a shot.

Throughout many of the posts on why people wouldn't vote for select people, I had found comments such as "I avoided voting for Eats, even though he's an avid player, he sometimes has outbreaks" and "Eats - no way.". I can understand why people would be thinking this. I have had quite the past with lashing out over my few years here. As a 13/14 year old, and the beginning of being 15. But it has been a few months since my previous lash/break out publicly. I believe I deserve the chance at finally doing something (other than mapmaking, that wasn't quite for me.) But these are problems of the past. They seem to have been eliminated. Anyways, let's get to the point :).
The invasions in other-life have been the same thing for far too long, either simple canned ones, or bland ones either too soloable, or requiring tons of teamwork, there have been the few decent ones here and there though, I give props to that. I believe I am experienced enough player invasionwise, and battling wise to know how to evenly balance these out. Not making them just a gift, but actually require work. This is something I am willing to do and try and learn to do. I believe I could make these invasions fun. Including the occasional event-invasions (outside of MBB/DTF), but "roleplay" invasions. I believe I am capable of the requirements, the time shouldn't be an issue, I can make time. It isn't like I do too much anyways. I am sure I can fulfill all the requirements that Learner had earlier listed, but if you still choose to not vote for me, I cannot say I blame you. I've done some pretty terrible things in the past, and I apologize and seek your forgiveness and a chance to redeem myself.
Best wishes in invasions, and making them fun again
~Eats.

#71 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1153 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 17 May 2017 - 08:23 PM, said:

I know it may be (and most likely is) late. But aye, campaign speeches are things. So why not give it a shot.

Throughout many of the posts on why people wouldn't vote for select people, I had found comments such as "I avoided voting for Eats, even though he's an avid player, he sometimes has outbreaks" and "Eats - no way.". I can understand why people would be thinking this. I have had quite the past with lashing out over my few years here. As a 13/14 year old, and the beginning of being 15. But it has been a few months since my previous lash/break out publicly. I believe I deserve the chance at finally doing something (other than mapmaking, that wasn't quite for me.) But these are problems of the past. They seem to have been eliminated. Anyways, let's get to the point :).
<snipped>
~Eats.

I agree you have grown up a fair bit, however, even at this point, there are things that are going to make you probably a bit pissy. I'm not saying that as being unique. I was the same a number of years ago, a bit your senior in the way i left EL and even occasionally in OL. I also know that you will likely be having exam times which will take you away (unless you are a lazy sod like me), family holidays, and in a years time likely summer jobs, which quite easily take away you weekends.  From my own point of view, i know what you feel like running for the IM, I did it twice. In hindsight, I think that wasn't a smart idea, because it could have quite easily not been proactive for myself or for the community, and I am partially concerned about it for you as well. So that is my slightly expanded reasoning behind it, and I give it with all the respect I can (you'll need to judge that yourself for such a spammer as I).

In terms of wanting to give to the community, you can do that without and official title. Annraoi, munt, gregg and Sir_Odie have done it client wise. Kaddy, Korrode, WL, NM, Sia, Ash, GyNo, Ach, etc. have all done it by just being here and contributing ideas on forums. Maki, Scarr and more so Zian have done so map wise. Kiwi has done it by taking the history idea and making it a strong basis. AlddrA has done it by organising. I have done some by starting ideas and letting competent people get on with them.

I know you're writing things, that's a solid and important thing you can contribute. And with the type of community we have, it should be easy enough to approach the people who are doing different lines of development, share ideas and work with them. That is the advantage of us doing so much development at a time with a limited player base (which I very much hope we can grown once we have a number of the big things done)

It would also be nice if it was possible for other people to test and make invasions on the test server. This would at least allow people to make some invasions and possibly allow the IM hopefuls test out their ideas, and allow incumbent IMs to work on top or incorporate the hopefuls ideas.

#72 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1961 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:18 PM

To summarize the results of the IM Poll and the next steps ...

WB & SimAnt will be trained to become IM's if they pass the course.
Mixi & AlddrA will be trained as alternates and will be able to help in developing & testing of spawns & canned invasions on Test.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users