Jump to content

  •  
- - - - -

Easter Warren

new map

  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 butler

butler

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:43 AM

Easter Warren is the land connected map to Flying Citadel, and is where the city starts to devolve into farm land, and acts as the transition to map 29.

Road in has been partially checked as aligning in GIS (thank you maki)

Posted Image

This was the start from above

List of what I've done so far on top of the outline map
  • Added the walls
  • Added grass banks by the water edges
  • Raised floor for that part of the outer city
  • Created a Barracks (out of screen shot)
  • Created Stores
  • Created Embassies
  • Created a board walk shop
  • The church/cathedral
  • (the green part between the stores and the church) i've since added a little outdoor area for the church there
  • Gates
This will be changed very much with anything i need to do to make it work well with FC.

Feel free to give input or yell at me. Cheers.

#2 AlddrA

AlddrA

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:19 AM

Looking good ;)

#3 Warlock

Warlock

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

View Postbutler, on 20 June 2017 - 05:43 AM, said:

Feel free to give input or yell at me. Cheers.
VERY GOOD BUTLER! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!! CAN I STOP YELLING NOW?

#4 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 1930 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:53 PM

View PostWarlock, on 20 June 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

View Postbutler, on 20 June 2017 - 05:43 AM, said:

Feel free to give input or yell at me. Cheers.
VERY GOOD BUTLER! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!! CAN I STOP YELLING NOW?
#permamute Warlock

#5 butler

butler

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:38 PM

View PostLearner, on 20 June 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

View PostWarlock, on 20 June 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

View Postbutler, on 20 June 2017 - 05:43 AM, said:

Feel free to give input or yell at me. Cheers.
VERY GOOD BUTLER! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!! CAN I STOP YELLING NOW?
#permamute Warlock

I did explicitly invite that. You can stop yelling if you like. Or dare.

#6 butler

butler

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:26 PM

Fields outside the city have trenches in them (will also add rabbit warrens soon)
Posted Image

The church/cathedral and ceremonial green
Posted Image

Map from above so far.
largely dense farming around this bit of the land, will make the map border fields and trenches like those around the current fields, which i will attach it to
Posted Image

#7 butler

butler

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

  • So all the farming land in EW has been made, trenched around it and fenced.
  • Paths to remaining areas done
  • railways expanded and done
  • path out of the city done
  • Coastline completely done

To do
  • height map
  • make the transition into trenches nice
  • rabbit warrens
  • carts and other small additions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 butler

butler

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

Little bit more work done on this, with a little bit further extended

This livestock area has been expanded, with a deep rabbit warren, and a number of livestock fields as well as a hay field.
Posted Image

fields now fenced and a few little fixes.
Posted Image

So this is how the map looks like now.
Posted Image

I'm looking for suggestions for what to do in terms of crops (I know I want some vegetables and fruit in there, as well as probably cotton near the water side).
I'd like these from everyone, but I specifically people like Zian and L who have their hands deeply in the continent coordination

#9 CoduX

CoduX

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:03 AM

fruit/veggies are obvious.

Cotton yes and I'd also like to see possibly some wheat, flower garden? (the roses maybe?)

#10 butler

butler

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:17 PM

Think wheat would be good, Blackcurrants, redcurrants etc. Need other suitable cash crops on top of cotton or things people will actually want to harv (since I believe it will be either half way between stos in FC and the next map, or just closer to FC than the rest).

Please keep suggesting

#11 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 1930 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:37 PM

To help flesh it out, you could also plant things that aren't harvestable that could be immature crops (or just not used in game)

#12 butler

butler

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:15 PM

View PostLearner, on 27 June 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

To help flesh it out, you could also plant things that aren't harvestable that could be immature crops (or just not used in game)

Blueberries, honeycomb, red berries, are all pretty useless here. Fruit and Veg fit because city needs food and they are not going to be likely an issue crop.

will plant some things, also now thinking possibly nightshade (hey, poiiiiisons), and wormwood (absinthe >.> ). Wheat, again food, and cotton is about the only one of some use within the grouping there. Will leave some fields to be flower gardens for suggestion crops

#13 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 1930 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

View Postbutler, on 27 June 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

View PostLearner, on 27 June 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

To help flesh it out, you could also plant things that aren't harvestable that could be immature crops (or just not used in game)

Blueberries, honeycomb, red berries, are all pretty useless here. Fruit and Veg fit because city needs food and they are not going to be likely an issue crop.

will plant some things, also now thinking possibly nightshade (hey, poiiiiisons), and wormwood (absinthe >.> ). Wheat, again food, and cotton is about the only one of some use within the grouping there. Will leave some fields to be flower gardens for suggestion crops
My point is you can also put things that aren't harvestable to add to the looks.

#14 butler

butler

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:49 AM

Are we going to do a larger relook at things such as harvestables + spawns once we have a whole continent?

Just thinking, depending what the end of project plan is, it would help know what to prioritise and such atm.

#15 butler

butler

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

Posted Image

Heightmapped all of Easter Warren

Hopefully can get the skeleton .def done tomorrow

#16 mugen

mugen

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

Really nice!

#17 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:16 AM

Looking really great! Definitely nice/interesting to see the progress of maps over time.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, map

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users