•  

Move Test & Forums to France?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we replace the Test/Forums with a new server in France? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we replace Test & Forums with a new server now?

1. Yes, and I'll send extra support to get this going right away (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. Yes, but only after enough extra support has been received to cover more then 6 months (7 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

3. No, not now maybe later (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. No, stay focussed on the development work (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

5. I don't now (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1930 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

Two new auto-update servers are available for those interested in stuff getting ready to go like on Main. stage.other-life.com has maps/files that are building up for the next update. test.other-life.com will have maps currently on test. At the moment test.other-life.com is identical to stage.otherlife.com until procedures are in place to update it more automatically.

Caution should be used if anyone switched to those servers to get files, since those maps can affect you on Main!! Switching to either of these involved making a copy of mirrors.lst and then editing the file so the desired server is the only one there.

Nobody should try using dev.other-life.com and risk of totally messing up your files since that will be considered highly experimental.

#22 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1930 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:06 AM

Forums on the new server are currently in the last stages of testing. When the final move is taking place the forums will down for a short time. So far all the tests are going well on the new server!

#23 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1930 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

If everything is working properly ... the forums are now running on the server in France. Performance & bandwidth should now be significantly higher and the small increase in ping time most won't notice.

#24 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1930 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:17 PM

The only think left now is related to changes to make the new Dev/Test/Stage setup easier to move things through the hierarchy. The next auto-update from the Main game server will include an updated servers.lst that will better define all the new stuf including the EU proxy server.

Now back to Perks, and the changes related to the new Dev/Test/Stage setup will become more apparent as I get back to the solid development work and get done as I identify better ways to do things.

#25 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

Very nice work L!

Regards
Z

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users