Jump to content

  •  

POLL: Next step on BossDrops ready for Main?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Are the drop changes acceptable as an improvement with more to come later? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Are the BossDrops & Special InvaDrops an improvement without going too far?

  1. Yes, they look better without being as strong as they should be in the long run (9 votes [90.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 90.00%

  2. No, they are either weaker or actually good enough or better then expected! (1 votes [10.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote

#1 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2088 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:03 PM

Think careful and think  before voting ...

The question is about IF the Inva drops on TEST are better then what is on Main currently. This applies to the BossDrops as well as tweaks for the chance for Special InvaDrops on invasion mobs (special drop rates were tweaked to account for CL changes). If in general they are worse or way too good an improvement, you should vote against it.

The goal is they need to be better but not good enough yet! More changes are still planned which will add to the drops and if they are already good then it will maker it hard to make drop changes later one or seem worse.

Add any comments or suggestions as well as those will be reviewed for the next round of updates.

IM's are requested to help with testing to keep invasions with bosses running on Test.

#2 Deathrus

Deathrus

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTolleson,AZ

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:07 PM

I'll Have to Check it out First...



Deathrus

#3 AlddrA

AlddrA

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

Only did 2 lower bosses, they looked good, got more of a variety of drops than usual from bosses

#4 butler

butler

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1197 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

The phrasing of the poll options is a bit odd

#5 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2088 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:50 PM

View Postbutler, on 27 July 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

The phrasing of the poll options is a bit odd
yup

#6 Kaddy

Kaddy

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:01 AM

I have no idea what you mean by poll options tbh. It's hard to understand.

And I haven't tested the drops yet, maybe we can do what we have done with SW before and test drops and then I can post the screenshots of drops

#7 butler

butler

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1197 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:41 AM

With the question asking are they better without giving too much out (i presume), the content of the options is confusing

is the first option meant to be:
  • Yes, they are looking more like what we want
  • Yes, they are looking more balanced
And is the second?
  • No, drops are worse
  • No, they are exactly what we want
  • No, they are dropping too much.

The problem i think with the question and options are they are based around anecdotal evidence which isn't great and phrased through your own expectations.

Are the drops better?
  • Yes, they are
  • No, they aren't
  • They are about the same
Do they need more work?
  • Yes, they need more balancing
  • No, they don't need any more
Wondering if that phrasing would work better for this?

#8 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2088 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:51 AM

I know the drops need more work. I'm trying to find out if they are food enough in the right direction to go ahead and do an update. I don't want people voting against this round of changes because they aren't good enough. They aren't supposed to be good enough yet. Trying to have only the two choices as whether or not to proceed with bringing these drop & CL changes to main.

I do know that one point of confusion is if people think the drops are really good, I actually prefer they vote no in that case and comment here. The reason being that if the drops are really good then things will break too much in the next round of changes and people may experience drops getting worse again in a future update.

Also, a massive Boss only type drop test for this update isn't good, you do need to also kill and feel the drops of the mobs around them. Most of the changes on drops are related to the Bosses, but the CL change also mandated changes to how often the normal inva mobs & bosses get their Special Invasion Drops. In general this chance has gone up to offset the change in the CL formula.

#9 butler

butler

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1197 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:58 AM

Do you want this change to go to the server, knowing the changes are still to come?
  • Yes?
  • No?
I don't know, generally try to make answer options as simple as possible.

#10 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2088 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:09 AM

View Postbutler, on 28 July 2017 - 05:58 AM, said:

Do you want this change to go to the server, knowing the changes are still to come?
  • Yes?
  • No?
I don't know, generally try to make answer options as simple as possible.
Worried about the people that don't read enough or don't bother reading. Too many people will just see the Yes/No and vote without bothering to read everything else. The extra text on the questions is intended to make people actually read anf is needed ask for clarification as people have started doing,

#11 SimAnt

SimAnt

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

Having tested these boss drops throughly myself, I can say that ITEM drop rates are appropriate per CL now in my opinion.
For example, bosses like Giganta and Fluffy Gargle will drop rare items more often than weaker bosses.

#12 Kaddy

Kaddy

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:32 AM

So if the drops are better but not too much, we pick first

If the drops are too much or feeling no change, we pick second

Am I correct?

#13 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2088 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:32 AM

View PostKaddy, on 28 July 2017 - 07:32 AM, said:

So if the drops are better but not too much, we pick first

If the drops are too much or feeling no change, we pick second

Am I correct?
Correct

#14 GypsyNomad

GypsyNomad

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

View Postbutler, on 28 July 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

With the question asking are they better without giving too much out (i presume), the content of the options is confusing

is the first option meant to be:
  • Yes, they are looking more like what we want
  • Yes, they are looking more balanced
And is the second?
  • No, drops are worse
  • No, they are exactly what we want
  • No, they are dropping too much.
The problem i think with the question and options are they are based around anecdotal evidence which isn't great and phrased through your own expectations.

Are the drops better?
  • Yes, they are
  • No, they aren't
  • They are about the same
Do they need more work?
  • Yes, they need more balancing
  • No, they don't need any more
Wondering if that phrasing would work better for this?
Agreed Butler but that would be to easy of a pole to make for a complicated person :wacko:

#15 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:05 PM

View PostSimAnt, on 28 July 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

Having tested these boss drops throughly myself, I can say that ITEM drop rates are appropriate per CL now in my opinion.
For example, bosses like Giganta and Fluffy Gargle will drop rare items more often than weaker bosses.

Is the gold drops also adequate and all for them? Or is it still the lower gold than a low boss?

#16 SimAnt

SimAnt

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:53 PM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 29 July 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

View PostSimAnt, on 28 July 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

Having tested these boss drops throughly myself, I can say that ITEM drop rates are appropriate per CL now in my opinion.
For example, bosses like Giganta and Fluffy Gargle will drop rare items more often than weaker bosses.

Is the gold drops also adequate and all for them? Or is it still the lower gold than a low boss?
Giganta and fluffy gargle drop more average gold than before, based on their CL. So it is more than a lower boss.

Here is a sample of a average drop for a giganta:
6614 Gold Coins
6 Bones
13 Potion of Great Healing
7 Potion of Extra Mana
19 Polished Sapphire
1 Leather Pants
1 Augmented Leather Armor

2 samples of a bit rarer drop:

Sample 1:

14099 Gold Coins
6 Bones
1 Augmented Leather Armor
3 Gold Medallion
1 Poison Antidote
1 Poison Antidote
1 Poison Antidote
11 Life Essence
6 Potion of Extra Mana
1 Augmented Leather Armor

Sample 2:

6285 Gold Coins
6 Bones
1 Matter Conglomerate
2 Potion of Spirit Restoration
1 Enriched Fire Essence
1 Leather Helm
1 Augmented Leather Armor
1 Wooden Shield

Sample of a rare drop:
16025 Gold Coins
8 Bones
1 Modable Titanium/Steel Alloy Long Sword
1 Used Steel Two Edged Sword

#17 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2088 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

Please note that SimAnt selected what drops to show from his own testing.

#18 Kaddy

Kaddy

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:18 AM

So how are we going to vote without testing?

How many people did test the new drops? And how are their invasions experiences?

#19 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2088 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

View PostKaddy, on 30 July 2017 - 03:18 AM, said:

So how are we going to vote without testing?

How many people did test the new drops? And how are their invasions experiences?
I've been keeping invas with bosses on Tes since this poll started, and I had asked here for IM to help in keeping some running if you had looked.

#20 Kaddy

Kaddy

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

View PostLearner, on 30 July 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

View PostKaddy, on 30 July 2017 - 03:18 AM, said:

So how are we going to vote without testing?

How many people did test the new drops? And how are their invasions experiences?
I've been keeping invas with bosses on Tes since this poll started, and I had asked here for IM to help in keeping some running if you had looked.

Yeah I know, that's why I asked SW to make a test yesterday unfortunately she had something to do in RL. I didnt know that there were already stuff in test.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users