• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2033 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:35 AM

As part of the continuing effort to improve the CL formula, the next step involves trying to account for SpecialAttack (Poison, ManaBurn, Cooldown, etc), Perks (Mirror, BP, etc), and EquipmentSpecials (such as the Cold damage from a TLong of Ice).

Each of these will need to have an amount they add to the CL, and in some case different amounts for the Fighter type CL build and Tank CL build. For example, in general attack type benefits only have a portion of their benefit added to Tank builds while their full amount is added to a fighter build (since the tank build usually hits less often then the fighter). The CL is then made from the MAX() of those to CL calculations, not trying to decide which to use up front.

So, for the different types of things, what sort of CL bonus for each build type do you think makes sense? Keep in mind that extreme values that obviously are just trying to increase drops will be silently ignored.

#2 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:42 AM

Can I ask a small question on this?

What is the base CL of Udar and Cyce? I know that it has a small roll but would like to hear averages.

Secondly, what would be their CL if Udar had tit long and Cyce had tit short?

This weekend I really had a hard time killing an Udar with tit long but Cyce with tit short was quite easy.

#3 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2033 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

Adding a TShort or a Tlong adds the same amount no matter if it's a player or a mob. So you can equip yourself with various things and check your CL in #arm. Just remember that a Tank Build gets different results then a Fighter Build. Itt also means the TLong of Ice example already includes the bonus for a TLong, so it's about how to handle the extra Cold damage.

#4 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:34 PM

Half of your post is not really relevant but nvm.

So if tit short and tit long adds same CL, then here you have something wrong to work on.

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2033 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

View PostKaddy, on 08 August 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

Half of your post is not really relevant but nvm.

So if tit short and tit long adds same CL, then here you have something wrong to work on.
TShort & TLong add different amounts of CL, The amount they add to players & mobs are the same no matter what wears them, but each weapon has it's own CL modifiers which are different if you have a Tank style build or a Fighter style build. I think Butlers tests were early on and he had a Tank build, so I don't quite those.

#6 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:31 PM

What is the threshold (min. requirements- CL?) that defines a fighter and tank build?

Thanks
Z

#7 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2033 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:33 PM

View PostZian, on 08 August 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

What is the threshold (min. requirements- CL?) that defines a fighter and tank build?

Thanks
Z
Fighter vs Tank build are two different CL formulas that stress those two styles. There are no minimum requirements, they are two views of the same information. Both are calculated and the higher of the two numbers is selected.

#8 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:32 AM

View PostZian, on 08 August 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

Thanks
Z

From what I gathered, it looks at the attris and a/d and if you are balanced with a disproportionate amount of defense compared to att (fighters seems to include both balanced a/d set ups and low def/high dps set ups, since both use less hp than tanks ought to).

To find a kind of threshold I'd imagine you'd need to reset naked and change you stats by a tiny bit every iteration until the CL either jumps due to the different weighting in a few elements or see if weapons cl changes in relative line with this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users