new players guides help skills pointers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:19 PM

Hello Other-Life! This is a guide for completely new players, and low level players in general. With no experience, or an old Eternal Lands player. The hyperlinks/links go to the original Google Doc page, but it may be easier to scroll through and view! If you want the leveling/build guides, go here
I assume you’re just starting the game, so you should be entering the game with your newly made character. This means you are right next to the “Tutorial NPC” with the “Newbie Storage” and “Wraith” near by.
The tutorial is currently “broken” (it works for some, but not everyone, just depends if you do it all at once, or bits and pieces), so you don’t necessarily have to do that, unless you want to. It does give a nice outlook for new players, and teaches/gives for many skills. Anyways let’s get to the point

If you walk over near the Wraith and click it, a dialogue menu should pop up with his words, then 3 options.

• Get X-Attributes

• Get Nexus

• Good-bye
These X-Attributes, and nexus ultimately decide your character’s strength, and uses. All of these X-Attributes determine different strengths, and nexuses determine what you can use/make.

Cross(X)-Attribute guide
Note: the attributes cap at 50.
  • Carry: Carry increases your EMU (Other-Life’s form of weight) by 20 each singular point.
  • Charm: Charm increases the chances for a double summon, along with your summons strength.
  • Dexterity: Dexterity increases the chances of hitting your opponent in combat.
  • Ethereality: Ethereality increases your Mana by 6 each singular point.
  • Magic Defense: CURRENTLY USELESS!
  • Magic Offense: CURRENTLY USELESS!
  • Matter: Matter increases your HP (Health) by 6 each singular point.
  • Might: Might increases how much you hit for.
  • Perception: Perception affects how often you hit a target while ranging
  • Rationality: Rationality increases how quickly you read books, the strength of some of your magic, and the experience gained.
  • Reaction: Reaction increases your chance of dodging a hit in combat
  • Toughness: Toughness reduces the damage taken when hit in combat.
NOTE: If you didn’t play Eternal Lands, skip this part. But here for Attributes, we put directly into X-attributes rather than the regular Attributes (Physique, Coordination, etc.)

Nexuses
  • Human: Human Nexus determines the limits of items you can equip
  • Animal: Animal Nexus determines the limits of animals you can summon
  • Vegetal: Vegetal Nexus determines the limits of potions you can mix
  • Inorganic: Inorganic Nexus determines the limits of things you can harvest
  • Artificial: Artificial Nexus determines the limits of items you can craft/manufacture
  • Magic: Magic Nexus determines the limits of items you can craft/manufacture
Note: Each X-Attribute/Nexus requires 1 pick-point which are obtained every overall (oa) level.

Build (playstyle) Guides(Hyper-linked)
Note: All builds can range. All builds can do magic, so not just mages can; but mages will have stronger magic.
Note: Builds will just have a basic start, not a full level through, just to a set level.

SKILLS:
  • Attack: The skill of attacking an opponent
  • Defense: The skill of defending yourself in combat
  • Harvest: The skill that helps with the speed of harvesting, and helps a bit of what you can harvest (based on speed)
  • Alchemy: The skill of making Essences, and metal bars.
  • Magic: The art of magic (offense, defense, healing)
  • Potion: The skill of making potions for multiple uses
  • Summoning: The skill of summoning creatures to your aide
  • Manufacturing: The skill of making armors, and weapons
  • Crafting: The skill of making rings, medallions, and other misc. Items.
  • Overall: The skill determining the Pick Points, and the overall EXP of all other skills
    Fighter (Hitter(to 50 a/d))
    End Attributes; Human 4, Matter 25, Dex 24, Might 18, React 22, Tough 15, and Ether 14.

This build is based strictly around hitting monsters, going for the kill. It is not very good for tanking bosses, or monsters, but it can be done, especially with a healer.

You’re a new player, currently you’re at the base x-attributes where all are 4, and all nexus are set to 0. As a fighter build, you will want MAX 4 Human nexus, you can get that right off the bat, or get it as you go (I’d get it off the bat so it is out of the way)
    You are also sitting at 8 Att, and 8 Def. Then your overall level 10 as well.

You should have about 18 Pick Points
    I’d recommend getting your 4 human nexus, so you don’t have to worry about those later.
    Then you have 14 pickpoints left. I’d put about 4 into matter (So you have some health to jump start, this will increase gradually), Then put 4 into dexterity, 2 into might, 2 into reaction, and 2 into toughness.
    This puts you at (including base numbers): Human 4, Matter 8, Dex 8, Might 6, React 6, and Tough 6
    Now that you have the starts of your attributes, let’s start killing. But let’s not forget armor! If you did newbie tutorial you should have some starting armor(Iron Sword, Leather helmet, Leather Pants, Leather boots and Leather Torso) use that. If not, you can use a bone that the rats drop as a weapon for now, but later creatures, and animals will need/include armors.
    Go to the Isla Prisma rat cave (south-west) and kill rat’s until about 12 attack and defense. You will be at overall 14. This means you have 7 more pick points. Add 2 into Dexterity, 2 into might, 2 into reaction, and 1 into toughness
    This puts you at: Human 4, Matter 8, Dex 10, Might 8, React 8, and Tough 7.

We can move on from rat’s in the rat caves to deer in Desert Pines (Take the boat from Isla Prima to White Stone(Unicorn banner), then walk right on the docks to the Desert Pines flag (Deer Banner). You can still use the Newbie Tutorial armor you received, or buy better armor from players, or get as a drop (not likely yet, but still possible). Go to the Evergreen Forest and begin searching for Deer, you can also kill other animals around the forest (wood-sprites, rabbits, rats, etc. But beware of wolves, and possibly foxes!) Kill these until about 16 attack and defense. This puts you at overall 18. This means you have 7 more pick points. Add 2 into matter, 2 into dexterity, 2 into react and 1 into toughness.
    This puts you at Human 4, Matter 12, Dex 12, Might 8, React 10, and Tough 8.

Now to get into some higher animals, the Wolves. Wolves are a decent exp, and their furs are worth a lot (so grab those while training!). You’re at about 16 attack and defense, so these may be a little tough, or easy (depending on gear). I’d suggest you start to get/buy Augmented leather torso, augmented leather pants, Iron helmet, Leather boots, a Sun, or Unicorn medallion (Hit more with Sun medallion, have more defense with unicorn medallion, whichever you prefer) and a steel-2-edged sword, or titanium short if possible.
    A good place for wolves training would be in Nordcarn, which you go from Desert Pines (DP) to Walley of the Dwarves (VOTD), using the boat directly to the right of the White Stone Boat (WS), it has a bear on the VOTD banner. Now you are in VOTD, walk south to Nordcarn, which has a rocky/mountain banner. Walk around Nordcarn and kill every Wolf, Fox, Deer, etc you see. This grants maximum EXP while killing wolves, just don’t attack a puma, you will die. I’d suggest killing Wolves and below until about attack and defense 19. Then you will be at Overall 22, which means you have another 7 pick points. Add 2 into rationality, 2 into dex, 2 into might, and 1 to reaction
    This puts you at Human 4, Matter 14, Dex, 12, Might 8, React 11, and tough 8.

Now for some “high-end” low level monsters. Male goblins! I suggest Augmented Armor, iron helm, tit short/s2e, and sun medallion. Also healing potions, either Body restoration potions (30 HP) or cheaper- Minor Healing Potions (10 HP). My personal favorite spot (and probably the best trainable spot) is in the VOTD gold mine (located in the South-west corner of VOTD). You will train on these for a little longer than other monsters, you will notice that Male Goblins start to drop items, gold, and such. Let’s not forget the bag spawn within the mine that gives bread, gold, and the occasional Defense Potions (+5 defense levels temporarily).You will train these from 19 attack and defense, to about 25 attack and defense. After these levels you will be at Overall 28. Which gives you 11 Pick Points.  Add 2 into Matter, 2 into Dex, 1 into React, 2 into might, and now adding a new X-Attribute to you (you will start to do magic about this level-this increases Mana) Ethereality! Add 2 into Ethereality.
    This puts you at Human 4, Matter 16, Dex 14, Might 10, React 12, Tough 8, and Ether 6.

If you haven’t already; get about 2000 gold coins, and get some magic items for the next monster! You will need to get 2 sigils, 1 from each Magic Shop (Yellow dot) in white-stone. Increase, and health. That will cost 1100 gold coins total for the sigils. You have 900 left over, you can buy some Spirit Restoration potions from players, or from NPC’s (the guild NPC’s owned by players will be about 14, to 20 Gold Coins, the Game NPC will be a lot more) then buy some health essence (9gc each from shop, 8gc from players), go to the spells menu (ctrl+s) and you will see the spell “Heal” will be lit up, which means you can use it at that moment. “Heal” heals 10 health per use, it requires 5 mana, and 1 Health Essence.

Now for the next monster, Skeletons! I still recommend Augmented Armors, iron helm, sun medallion, leather boots, and titanium short sword. These are pretty decent, and drop the occasional rare drops, potions, rings, etc. These will last until about 30 attack and defense, so not as long as goblins, but pretty close (but better drops/exp!).
    After you get to attack and defense 30, you should be at overall level 34, which is other 11 Pick Points. Add 4 into Matter, 2 into Dex, 2 into React, 1 into Tough, and 2 into Ether
    This puts you at Human 4, Matter 20, Dex 16, Might 10, React 14, Tough 9, and Ether 8.

You’re moving on up now. We’re almost to medium monsters! You’re training on Gargoyles for about 8 levels. But that’s because there are small, medium, and large gargoyles. Ranging in damage, so start out small, then go higher as you can. I recommend using Iron helmet, augmented torso, augmented pants, leather boots, sun medallion, and titanium short sword.
    You should be able to move up a gargoyle after 2-3 levels. Depending on your preference. But you should now be up to 38 attack, and defense. Which puts you at overall 44. Which adds 18 Pick Points. Add 5 into Matter (the last of matter you will get as this puts you to 150 health!), 2 into Dex, 2 into might, 2 into react, 1 into tough, and 6 into Ether (Also the last of the Ether you will get, puts you at 112 Mana).
    This puts you at Human 4, Matter 25, Dex 18, Might 12, React 16, Tough 10, and Ether 14.

You are currently at 38 attack and defense. You should have *some* money, potentially enough to buy a good sword (recommended). For the next monster, this sword will help you a bit. We’re onto Female Orcs! Finally medium monsters! I recommend using Augmented Armors, Iron Helm, Titanium Long sword (titanium short will suffice though), leather boots, and sun medallion.
    The best place for these is the VOTD temple, it is located on the East side of VOTD. Beware though, once you enter, you can only exit through the doors on the other side, a save on the other side, or #beam me! Female orcs will go until about 45 attack and defense. After you get to attack and defense 45, your overall level should be 52. You get other 14 Pick points. Add 4 into Dex, 4 into Might, 4 into React, and  2 into Tough.
    This puts you at Human 4, Matter 25, Dex 22, Might 16, React 20, Tough 12, and Ether 14.

Now you’re at 45 attack and defense. You can move onto Male Orcs! These are best in Tahraji Desert’s Dragon cave, but if you prefer not going into a PK (Player Killing) map, you can go to my 2nd favorite spot (it has 1 male orc, and 1 female orc) a secret in Tarsengaard (entrance is in VOTD on the North East side). Which is a secret, at about (25, 205), then you ‘use’ the little handle in the rock. Boom you’re inside. Use the same armor/weapons as previously (Augs, Iron helm, Leather boots, tit long/tit short, and sun medallion). Fight these until attack and defense 50, then you can go move onto trolls in Orvimon’s Crypt. At 50 a/d you will be oa level 57, and have 9 more pick points to spend. Add 2 into Dex, 2 into Might, 2 in React, and 3 into Tough.
    You now have: Human 4, Matter 25, Dex 24, Might 18, React 22, Tough 15, and Ether 14.
    This is the end of the Fighter (hitter) guide, you should be able to go on from here! Good-luck!

Fighter (Tank)(Partially written by butler! Thanks for your help and insight!)
    NOTE: THIS BUILD IS NOT SUGGESTED FOR NEW PLAYERS, OR LOW LEVELS AND IS EASIER TO DO WITH A SOFT RESET AFTER TRAINING!
    This guide will also just be an outline as there is no ‘surefire’ way to track the levels and exp you get as the dodges and hit chances are all percentile chances.

Tanking is based around the idea of taking hits, and comes in two main variations; The Pure Tank, which doesn’t put any into Might or Dexterity, whilst the Fighter Tank or Solo Tank, which incorporates a small amount of Might or Dexterity to allow you to train closer to a standard fighter.

Pure tanks, if you level them from the beginning, will involve flee tanking and takes considerably longer to level than the Fighter tank, and considerably longer than a regular fighter.

Fighter tanks, will allow you to level in a way somewhere between a regular fighter build and a pure tank. It is also the build I recommend to go for if you do the practice of gaining levels using a fighter build and soft resetting to a tank build, as most people tend to feel more toothless if they have just changed their characters from a killing machine to someone who can take a hell of a punch but is effectively brushing grass up against that troll over there.

To begin training at a low level for a pure tank, use a majority of your begining pickpoints (Should be 18) and I’d suggest putting 6/6/6 of those points into each; Toughness, Reaction, and Matter. You will eventually want a minimum of 25 Matter, and max toughness and reaction.
    After you take these pick points, go to the lower left area of Isla Prima and go into the Rat Cave. There you should be able to begin fighting with rats, as soon as you click on the rat, instead of trying to kill, you’re going to click away to begin ‘fleeing’. This allows the rat to hit, or you dodge the hit -  gaining defense experience. After a few levels in here, or when you just start killing the rats on first click… I suggest going to desert pines, or valley of the dwarves for deer.
    Repeat the process you’ve been doing on the rats for the deer, and when they begin to get too easy, move up to wolves in NC, then to goblins in the VoTD mine, then to gargoyles in the gargoyle cave in TG, up to male/female orcs in the TG secret spot, up to trolls in TG’s Orvimon Crypt, to the troll and ogre in WSC garden secret, then armed orcs in SKF, then multi cycs in Tahraji Desert.

For a fighter tank, I’d suggest looking above, and instead of 6/6/6, do 6 into matter, and 4 into reaction, and toughness, then 2 into might and dexterity. Follow the list up and add according to your comfort level, this isn’t a very specific build and many fighter tanks vary. I wouldn’t suggest tanking for ANY new player though. Eventually you will want 25 matter, max reaction and toughness, then progressively add to dexterity and might as you level.

This guide may not be the best available for tanking, but I am always open to suggestions, this is the only build I haven’t done myself, and is gone off of pure instinct, and some pointers by tanks in the game!

Mage

The mage isn’t a very specific build. You mainly, at this time(until magic defense/offense become of use:), need rationality. This you will max out. This part of the guide will mainly tell you how to quickly level the magic skill to get up to restore, one of the most useful spells you will ever get! Personally to avoid hassle, I just bought all the sigils at once. But the guide does not say to do that, it is a suggestion. Not a necessity.

The magic skill does not require many pre-requisites. Other than all the sigils, mana, and essences. The sigils you only have to buy 1 time, but there are multiple, priced at 700 or 400 gold. Depending on the magic shop. So if you want a sigil, always have at least 700 gold in case it is at the other magic shop.
    To begin leveling magic, you will need  to get about 2000 gold coins, then go to White Stone. Go to WSC magic shop and get a sigil, Increase, or Health (I don’t remember which has which sigil) and then to Grahm’s Village to buy the other sigil. Then you will need 50 Health essence (bought from either magic store, at 9gc each, for a total of 450 gold coins. With your remaining money buy Spirit Restoration Potions off of guild merchants in WSC, or other players, (it’s MUCH cheaper that way, than purchasing from the NPC)
    You now have everything you need to get to level 5 of magic. To use the spell, click the spell window in the bottom taskbar, and right click to put it into the right hand quick bar. Afterwards you can just click that to use the spell, as long as you have 1 health essence, and 5 Ethereal (mana) points. After using this spell the 50 times you’ll be at level 5
    At this point you’re able to cast Remote Heal.  Which, really is only useful as a healer, but you’re able to heal yourself, your friends, summons, and pretty much anything and everything that isn’t an invasion monster! (That is, if it has some HP ;)) You can use this spell,  but you DO need a new sigil, global. But I’d personally just stick to using heal, it’s less reagents, and mana, for nearly the same exp. Use heal, and/or remote heal to get to level 11 or so, by now you should understand the process for sigils, reagents, etc.  
    Now you’re at about level 11. This is where you will can begin to spam shield and get a nice amount of levels. It is costly though, unless you make the reagents for the spells. Then it is a bit less cost wise, but work wise a lot more.
    Once you get to level 15, you can do teleport to range. (Check the encyclopedia for the sigils! You will need to use the encyclopedia eventually anyways. :D) Now you can use heal, and teleport to range while fighting monsters or animals for training. Which will rack up a lot of magic experience quickly, and it won’t be a waste! Do this until you get to level 21. Which is when you unlock restore. It requires the sigils restore, and life. Along with 4 health essence, and 25 mana.
    Eventually you will want to max out your Rationality, and get 14-20 Ethereality (depending on your mana preference. I like 14, which is 112 mana.)

Mixer/Crafter

This build is based strictly around all of the mixing skills (skills requiring the manufacturing window, and harvest of course so you can obtain the ingredients required to mix!)
    I will take you to about level 10 in each mixing skill; Alchemy, Potioning, Crafting, and Manufacturing. Harvesting will not be guided upon, as it is really more of a skill of time- only requiring to click a resource and wait. You will need the following nexus to do all the skills
    Human 4 (5 for artificer), Animal 2, Vegetal 5, Inorganic 5, Artificial 5, Magic 3

Alchemy

Now for the Alchemy beginnings. Start off by getting 1000 Fire Essence Ingredients. This simply begins your alchemy, which later you can go further. But for this portion of the guide you will ONLY be doing Fire Essence.

Go to Desert Pines, make sure to have Leather Gloves! Then go to the coordinates (45,300). Enter the cave, and follow the north area by the cavern walls, and a small stream until you see a yellow-ish substance. This is sulfur. You WILL need MULTIPLE trips to get the 1000 needed. Click and wait, get inventory full, then go to storage in desert pines. Take the Eastern cave exit, then go to the brown dot in DP.

Next You will need the 1000 Red Roses, and Red Snapdragons. These are in VOTD. Go to (55, 75) then harvest the red rose. Then go to storage, again multiple trips. Then the Red Snapdragons are near the Red Rose, it is at (50, 75). Now you’ll need fruit to mix it. Mind you, it is slow using fruit, but it is the most cost efficient method at this time. These are in Portland, which is the farthest boat to the east on the Desert Pines docks.

Then go to (185,95) to harvest the fruit in the basket on the stall there. You’ll need 50 minimum, but go with 100-200 to accommodate your failures. After the 1000 Fire Essence are made you will be at roughly Alchemy 15.

Potioning

Now for potioning, the easiest to level of all skills in the beginning. But also one of the expensive ones. Potioning is mainly expensive due to all the vials, most of all the other reagents are free to get by harvesting. Make sure to ALWAYS have a mortar and pestle (20 GC from a general store) in your inventory!

The easiest way to get potioning up (and quickest), would be the minor health and mana potions. They require the smallest amount of ingredients and are great to make until you get to level 20 for Spirit Restoration potions.

First you need to gather vials, then the ingredients for the minor mana potions. Which is 1 vial, 1 blue lupine, and 1 wine. These give about 5 EXP per potion (without ratio) so make about 40 of these potions, and you will be level 2, and able to make the minor health potions.

The minor health potions are worth 9 exp each, and you will make almost 1000 of these to get to level 15, then you need 1000 vials, 1000 wine, and 1000 sunflowers.. So you can begin to make Spirit Restoration Potions (mind you, these require books!)

Manufacturing

Manufacturing, the skill of making armor, and weaponry. The 2nd most expensive skill to train as well. Due to all of the ingredients, and books, knowledge, etc. to make.

You will need to make a few Warm fur gloves until level 3. 1 pair requires, 3 brown rabbit furs, and 2 thread(made from 5 cotton (crafting EXP!). It requires 1 needle in inventory. You need to make about 55 of these gloves for level 3.

Then make fox scarves until level 8, this means you have to make roughly 80 scarves. Which will require 1 fox fur, and 1 thread per scarf, for a total of 80 furs, and 80 thread, This item also requires 1 needle in your inventory.

After you hit level 8 you should be good to begin making leather gloves. Each leather glove requires 4 leather, and 4 thread, These also require a needle in your inventory. You can make these to any level you wish, but the first beneficial item you can make is a pair of leather boots, but that requires a bit of books to be read, and money. It also only requires level 9!

After this point, it is the same process for multiple armors, lots of books, and all. But thankfully, there is an encyclopedia telling you where to get the books from which NPC, and their location.

Now for the final skill in mixing/crafting.

Crafting

Crafting is by far the MOST expensive, and hardest skill to level of all the mixing skills, and personally, I’d say from all skills. This will be a somewhat short guide, because it does take a lot, and you will only learn 2 things in this part, because most items require a higher level, but you will work to that point! I promise!

To begin crafting. You only need 2 things, your hands, and food! You will simply be going to Desert Pines, then to about (250,295), where the cotton plant is. Then you will harvest it, I go until my inventory is full, and have a positive food level always! Then click 5 cotton, then mix. You have made thread. You will need to make 275 thread for level 9.

After that you need a lot of gold coins, and books. All of these books are for making a polished ruby, check the encyclopedia for all the books. Then make a bunch of polished rubies, they are nice exp, until a comfortable level, then you can make rings and such, and begin doing rings projects!

All-Round
    *NOTE* Harvest is not included as there isn’t a ‘specific’ way to harvest for levels, other than harvesting higher level items...
    End Attributes: 24 Rationality (max), 25 matter (150 hp (MAX), 20 Dex, 16 react, 12 tough, and 16 might, (ALL OTHER STATS REMAIN AT BASE 4!)
    Nexus needed: human 4(5 for artificer cloak), Animal 2, Vegetal 5, Inorganic 5, Artificial 5, Magic 3 (You can get these as needed later, passed 50, or before) (To get these with the above you will need overall 65 though. Take them as you need!)
    This build is based around every single skill in the game, thus you’re an all-round player. Everything works well with this build, it is one of my favorites to play! This will just be a somewhat start, as this won’t go to any specific guide within all levels. I will go to a certain oa, likely 50. But it will touch on each skill, but not as in depth as the specifics go. At oa 50 you will have 90 Pick Points. You can follow this, or just go for the End attributes, it’s really your choice :) But you can follow this and get to 64 for the 115 total PP.

To start, you’re going to level attack and defense. For a basic start we will go to about attack and defense ~20. This is just the beginning, and for more progress on this, you can see the fighter build above, but you should have a general idea of your strength after this point!

To begin, you will start as a new player. All base stats at 4, and you should have 18 pick points to spend. To begin, I suggest getting 4 matter. This puts you down to 14. Get 4 dexterity, 4 reaction, 4 might, and 2 toughness. That uses all your beginning pick points, but don’t worry, more will come soon enough.
    You’re on Isla Prima. Begin by killing a few rabbits until about 9 attack and defense. Then you will move to rats until 12 a/d, then you are able to move into Desert Pines, move from IP, to White Stone (the boat in the southwest corner of IP) then follow the docks to the boat that has a banner that resembles a deer. Once here, move into the woods and search for some Deer to kill. Kill these until roughly 15 attack and defense, then move onto Fox. The fox will last until level 17 or so, then you can move to Nordcarn for Wolves. Go back to the docks and take the middle boat to Valley of the Dwarves, then follow the path all the way south to the flag with a mountain. You’re now in Nordcarn, and train these wolves to att and def 20. You’re at roughly overall 23. Adding 23 PP; putting you at a total of 24 total at the moment.
    Put these 24 PP into your nexus. Get 4 Human, 2 Animal, 5 Vegetal, 5 Inorganic, 5 Artificial, and 3 Magic.

Now for the Alchemy beginnings. Start off by getting 1000 Fire Essence Ingredients. This simply begins your alchemy, which later you can go further. But for this portion of the guide you will ONLY be doing Fire Essence.
    Go to Desert Pines, make sure to have Leather Gloves! Then go to the coordinates (45,300). Enter the cave, and follow the north area by the cavern walls, and a small stream until you see a yellow-ish substance. This is sulfur. You WILL need MULTIPLE trips to get the 1000 needed. Click and wait, get inventory full, then go to storage in desert pines. Take the Eastern cave exit, then go to the brown dot in DP.
    Next You will need the 1000 Red Roses, and Red Snapdragons. These are in VOTD. Go to (55, 75) then harvest the red rose. Then go to storage, again multiple trips. Then the Red Snapdragons are near the Red Rose, it is at (50, 75). Now you’ll need fruit to mix it. Mind you, it is slow using fruit, but it is the most cost efficient method at this time. These are in Portland, which is the farthest boat to the east on the Desert Pines docks. Then go to (185,95) to harvest the fruit in the basket on the stall there. You’ll need 50 minimum, but go with 100-200 to accommodate your failures. After the 1000 Fire Essence are made you will be at Alchemy 15 or so. Putting you at overall 23, or 24. Depending on the EXP you made from harvesting the ingredients. If you’re at 24 you will have 2 more PP, which you can put into Rationality: Putting you at Ratio 6/24.

Now onto Magic. This is really a go-as-you-do skill. Which is basically go at your own pace and not required yet, but is included. Get about 2000 gold coins, then go to White Stone. Go to WSC magic shop and get a sigil, Increase, or Health (I don’t remember which has which sigil) and then to Grahm’s Village to buy the other sigil. Then you will need 50 Health essence (bought from either magic store, at 9gc each, for a total of 450 gold coins. With your remaining money buy Spirit Restoration Potions off of guild merchants in WSC, or other players, it’s MUCH cheaper that way)
    You now have everything you need to get to level 5 of magic. To use the spell, click the spell window in the bottom taskbar, and right click to put it into the right hand quick bar. Afterwards you can just click that to use the spell, as long as you have 1 health essence, and 5 Ethereal (mana) points. After using this spell the 50 times you’ll be at level 5. You’re still at overall level 24.

Now for potioning, the easiest to level of all skills in the beginning. But also one of the expensive ones. Potioning is mainly expensive due to all the vials, most of all the other reagents are free to get by harvesting. Make sure to ALWAYS have a mortar and pestle (20 GC from a general store) in your inventory!

The easiest way to get potioning up (and quickest), would be the minor health and mana potions. They require the smallest amount of ingredients and are great to make until you get to level 20 for Spirit Restoration potions.

First you need to gather vials, then the ingredients for the minor mana potions. Which is 1 vial, 1 blue lupine, and 1 wine. These give about 5 EXP per potion (without ratio) so make about 40 of these potions, and you will be level 2, and able to make the minor health potions.

The minor health potions are worth 9 exp each, and you will make almost 1000 of these to get to level 15, then you need 1000 vials, 1000 wine, and 1000 sunflowers.. So you can begin to make Spirit Restoration Potions (mind you, these require books!) This EXP for level 15 is 8520, which keeps you at You are now at overall 25! I’d suggest throwing these few PP’s into some more rationality. Which puts you at 8/24 Ratio.

Manufacturing

Manufacturing, the skill of making armor, and weaponry. The 2nd most expensive skill to train as well. Due to all of the ingredients, and books, knowledge, etc. to make.

You will need to make a few Warm fur gloves until level 3. 1 pair requires, 3 brown rabbit furs, and 2 thread(made from 5 cotton (crafting EXP!). It requires 1 needle in inventory. You need to make about 55 of these gloves for level 3.

Then make fox scarves until level 8, this means you have to make roughly 80 scarves. Which will require 1 fox fur, and 1 thread per scarf, for a total of 80 furs, and 80 thread, This item also requires 1 needle in your inventory.

After you hit level 8 you should be good to begin making leather gloves. Each leather glove requires 4 leather, and 4 thread, These also require a needle in your inventory. You can make these to any level you wish, but the first beneficial item you can make is a pair of leather boots, but that requires a bit of books to be read, and money. It also only requires level 9 for the decent level of production!

After this point, it is the same process for multiple armors, lots of books, and all. But thankfully, there is an encyclopedia telling you where to get the books from which NPC, and their location.

You are still overall 25

Now for the final skill in mixing/crafting.

Crafting

Crafting is by far the MOST expensive, and hardest skill to level of all the mixing skills, and personally, I’d say from all skills. This will be a somewhat short guide, because it does take a lot, and you will only learn 2 things in this part, because most items require a higher level, but you will work to that point! I promise!

To begin crafting. You only need 2 things, your hands, and food! You will simply be going to Desert Pines, then to about (250,295), where the cotton plant is. Then you will harvest it, I go until my inventory is full, and have a positive food level always! Then click 5 cotton, then mix. You have made thread. You will need to make 275 thread for level 9.

After that you need a lot of gold coins, and books. All of these books are for making a polished ruby, check the encyclopedia for all the books. Then make a bunch of polished rubies, they are nice exp, until a comfortable level, then you can make rings and such, and begin doing projects! At level 9 crafting Your overall level is still 25, almost 26 though!

Summoning

Summoning is a skill that doesn’t require much guidance, other than knowing the reagents to summon a creature. So this part of the guide will be probably the shortest.

You will need 250 bones, 125 raw meat, 125 life essence (Which you can mix!), and 125 brown rabbit fur. You will summon some Brown Rabbits! You need some Mana (Blue bar) 5 minimum! Then go to an uncrowded area (for courtesy!), open your mixing menu, click the bone 2 times, then the meat, fur, and life essence 1 time each. Then hit the mix, and you may fail, but if successful you have summoned your first rabbit of many. After summoning these 125 Brown Rabbits, you should be level 5 in summoning! Sadly, you are STILL overall 25.

The magic skill does not require many pre-requisites. Other than all the sigils, mana, and essences. The sigils you only have to buy 1 time, but there are multiple, priced at 700 or 400 gold. Depending on the magic shop. So if you want a sigil, always have at least 700 gold in case it is at the other magic shop.
    To begin leveling magic, you will need  to get about 2000 gold coins, then go to White Stone. Go to WSC magic shop and get a sigil, Increase, or Health (I don’t remember which has which sigil) and then to Grahm’s Village to buy the other sigil. Then you will need 50 Health essence (bought from either magic store, at 9gc each, for a total of 450 gold coins. With your remaining money buy Spirit Restoration Potions off of guild merchants in WSC, or other players, (it’s MUCH cheaper that way, than purchasing from the NPC)
    You now have everything you need to get to level 5 of magic. To use the spell, click the spell window in the bottom taskbar, and right click to put it into the right hand quick bar. Afterwards you can just click that to use the spell, as long as you have 1 health essence, and 5 Ethereal (mana) points. After using this spell the 50 times you’ll be at level 5
    At this point you’re able to cast Remote Heal.  Which, really is only useful as a healer, but you’re able to heal yourself, your friends, summons, and pretty much anything and everything that isn’t an invasion monster! (That is, if it has some HP ;)) You can use this spell,  but you DO need a new sigil, global. But I’d personally just stick to using heal, it’s less reagents, and mana, for nearly the same exp. Use heal, and/or remote heal to get to level 11 or so, by now you should understand the process for sigils, reagents, etc.  
    Now you’re at about level 11. This is where you will can begin to spam shield and get a nice amount of levels. It is costly though, unless you make the reagents for the spells. Then it is a bit less cost wise, but work wise a lot more.
    Once you get to level 15, you can do teleport to range. (Check the encyclopedia for the sigils! You will need to use the encyclopedia eventually anyways. :D) Now you can use heal, and teleport to range while fighting monsters or animals for training. Which will rack up a lot of magic experience quickly, and it won’t be a waste! Do this until you get to level 21. Which is when you unlock restore. It requires the sigils restore, and life. Along with 4 health essence, and 25 mana.

After you hit level 21 of magic, You are overall 26! Finally! Put this 1 PP into Dexterity, which puts you at 5/20 Dexterity.

Now the guide for beginning levels is complete and you are able to go on and sustain your levels, to get the suggested Pick Points, I will give an overall level placement below!

Overall 30: +9 PP, put 3 into react, and 2 into toughness, dexterity, and might. Putting you at 7/16 react, 6/12 toughness, 7/20 dexterity, and 6/16 might

Overall 35: +9, put 4 into ratio, which makes you at 14/24 Ratio, and 3 into dex, for 10/20 dexterity

Overall 40: +9 add 3 into Dex, 2 into matter, 2 into might, 2 into toughness, putting you at 13/20 dexterity, 12/25 matter, 8/12 toughness, and 8/16 in might.

Overall 45: +9, add 4 into ratio which puts you at 18/24 ratio, add 2 into dex and 2 into might, 1 into react, which puts you at 15/20 dexterity, 10/16 might, and 9/16 react

Overall 50: +9, add 4 into matter which puts you at 16/25 matter, add 2 into dex, 2 into might, and 1 into toughness, which puts you at 17/20 Dexterity, 12/16 might, and 9/12 toughess

Overall 55: +9, add 2 into ratio, which maxes your ratio for this build! 20/24! 4 into might, 2 into dex, 2 into toughness and 1 into react. This puts you at might 16/16 Max! 10/12 Toughness, 19/20 Dexterity, and 11/16 react!

Overall 60: +9, add 1 into Dexterity, 5 into matter, and 2 into toughness. This

Puts you at max dex, and tough, and 21/25 Maxes your attributes for this build, and you have 1 remaining pick point to go wherever you’d like to continue on!

Overall 65: +9 Add 4 into matter, and 5 into react. This Maxes your attributes for this build.

The guide is now complete.
    Thanks for reading!

NOTE: Edits will come and add/fix info!
    ~Eats

#2 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • 1196 posts
    • LocationScotland

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:28 PM

In terms of fighter tank, I'd suggest not putting into might, or you might as well just do a proper fighter build with a defensive focus. Fighter tanks as I mentioned to you are similiar to what Ash's build was, which had some dex to allow him to actually kill things.

I'd also stress that it's probably best not the build a tank from low levels, as there isn't a huge amount of benefit (if any), under the current system, compared to EL's benefits to having a lower CL.

I would do a fighter/trainer build and then move through to a full react/tough or near enough build with some dex and if you enjoy that, shift into pure tank.

#3 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
    • 339 posts
    • LocationLuton-London

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

View Postbutler, on 18 August 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

In terms of fighter tank, I'd suggest not putting into might, or you might as well just do a proper fighter build with a defensive focus. Fighter tanks as I mentioned to you are similiar to what Ash's build was, which had some dex to allow him to actually kill things.

I'd also stress that it's probably best not the build a tank from low levels, as there isn't a huge amount of benefit (if any), under the current system, compared to EL's benefits to having a lower CL.

I would do a fighter/trainer build and then move through to a full react/tough or near enough build with some dex and if you enjoy that, shift into pure tank.

Actually, Ash could barely kill one single fluffy. *Not without about 3 fighters with him*

I would always suggest NEVER going full tank, as ASH did, but hey thats just my play style

I always try balance all fighting attributes evenly

ATM i have 40/40/40/40 in all, good in all situations, but hey ho, whatever suits you

EDIT: i havent even read the full post, just too long right now lol

#4 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • 1196 posts
    • LocationScotland

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:50 AM

View PostWarlock, on 18 August 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

View Postbutler, on 18 August 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

Actually, Ash could barely kill one single fluffy. *Not without about 3 fighters with him*

I would always suggest NEVER going full tank, as ASH did, but hey thats just my play style

I was saying that as being a better one than the build i have, which struggles to kill a feros in under 40 minutes.

Suggesting never to go full tank was part of the briefing i gave eats, along with saying what I did (level trying to be a pure tank from the beginning) is very poor exp to gc, and takes a lot more time for not really any tangible benefit.

Also why i suggested this as only being an alt build or a soft reset build after gradually moving towards a closer build to make sure it appeals to people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users