• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1991 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:11 PM

I  need someone who's already setup with access to test an familiar with how Summons act. They need to go to Test and verify their summons attack mobs & summons as well as getting attacked by another summoners summons. This test is needed to make sure a change added to reduce the CPU load by heavily invaded maps hasn't broken visibility & attacking related to summons.

SimAnt, I'll task with verifying that the Unicorn still attacks invaded mobs. You also have permission on occasion to do 18k+ mobs in PL to help see how other peoples systems handle the hordes on TEST. They don't have to be bears :) that was just my choice of mob!

The goal of this sub-project is to take advantage of new compiler options, performance tools, and some code optimizations to allow for more then 15k mobs on Halloween. Currently we should be able to handle 15k+ in total and are testing tweaks to reduce lag when there are 18k+ in a small space.

#2 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1182 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:11 PM

View PostLearner, on 19 August 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

<snip>
SimAnt, I'll task with verifying that the Unicorn still attacks invaded mobs.
<Snip>

Of course.

Sim, please summon 18k gigantas vs unicorn
please

#3 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1991 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:15 PM

View Postbutler, on 19 August 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

View PostLearner, on 19 August 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

<snip>
SimAnt, I'll task with verifying that the Unicorn still attacks invaded mobs.
<Snip>

Of course.

Sim, please summon 18k gigantas vs unicorn
please
The system wont allow him to summon or invade 18K Gigantas since they are a Boss.

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 1991 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

One issue related to the Unicorn has been found & fixed without adding any lag. Initial results received on Summons testing are positive.

The plans are to include these updates in the next server code update! That'll make Halloween even better, since it will reduce the lag that is sometimes felt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users