42 replies to this topic

#41 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 19 September 2021 - 12:18 AM

I would love to keep seeing this server being worked on and improved.
Idefix, you did so much within just a THREE WEEK timeframe that many of us here in OL have been waiting for, for 9 YEARS and still haven’t been implemented.

I fully support you and back you with this, so please let me know what I can do to encourage you to work on this, whether it be funding, testing or helping write ideas or anything alongside.

#42 idefix

idefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 19 September 2021 - 12:13 PM

Thanks Eats, Duece and Codux, was really fun clearing the new boss for the first time! Great teamwork and planning to clear it.

I really appreciate the support CoduX. The main reason I stopped was that it's so much work to try and turn it into a complete game, mainly in terms of adding more content and keeping the progression/balance reasonable. Creating a single dungeon or boss is easy, but the balance is really hard to get right. If your gear is a bit worse or levels a bit lower than expected, it might be impossible to finish the dungeon, or if you're a bit stronger then it might just be super easy. Currently I've been setting the player's levels and gear to the appropriate level for that content. But it kind of defeats the purpose of your character progression and getting loot.

Additionally, there's some quirks in the EL/OL client that I would have to fix to enable some of the ideas I had. For example, there's code that was added >10 years ago to the client but was always unused, and it doesn't work correctly. Also I'd want to add new effects and animations. I would probably have to create my own client to do all of that, but it just multiplies the amount of work required and doesn't seem worth it. So I'm somewhat restricted by the existing client.

If you have cool ideas for new bosses or dungeons, I'm happy to add those and we can play through them as a group whenever.
Maybe something similar to TML4 would be worth adding?
It's always a blast just clearing hordes and bosses as a team, without needing to grind levels or harvest/mix resources.

#43 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 07:04 AM

View Postidefix, on 19 September 2021 - 12:13 PM, said:

Thanks Eats, Duece and Codux, was really fun clearing the new boss for the first time! Great teamwork and planning to clear it.

I really appreciate the support CoduX. The main reason I stopped was that it's so much work to try and turn it into a complete game, mainly in terms of adding more content and keeping the progression/balance reasonable. Creating a single dungeon or boss is easy, but the balance is really hard to get right. If your gear is a bit worse or levels a bit lower than expected, it might be impossible to finish the dungeon, or if you're a bit stronger then it might just be super easy. Currently I've been setting the player's levels and gear to the appropriate level for that content. But it kind of defeats the purpose of your character progression and getting loot.

Additionally, there's some quirks in the EL/OL client that I would have to fix to enable some of the ideas I had. For example, there's code that was added >10 years ago to the client but was always unused, and it doesn't work correctly. Also I'd want to add new effects and animations. I would probably have to create my own client to do all of that, but it just multiplies the amount of work required and doesn't seem worth it. So I'm somewhat restricted by the existing client.

If you have cool ideas for new bosses or dungeons, I'm happy to add those and we can play through them as a group whenever.
Maybe something similar to TML4 would be worth adding?
It's always a blast just clearing hordes and bosses as a team, without needing to grind levels or harvest/mix resources.

Be sure to check out Bluaps changes with the 1.9.5 versions, along with the new client in general! That bug mau have already been worked out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users