- Keep reviewing Poll results for more things to update here
- Keep reviewing forums for new Polls
Adjust potions vial returns based on latest poll results Review Mixing skills to see if current balance is reasonable for now Add Shop NPC with Shop Items & services (poll is winning strongly) Evaluate Tailoring items for Shop & start approval process Evaluate other items which won't affect play for shop (like whistles) Fix tutorial NPC's to not get stopped by no Daily's and no C2 Evaluate C1 book buyer NPC (items & prices) Setup & test autoupdate Players Online (active Poll) Look into horse speed and possibility of multi use whistles Evaluate other things to look at before digging into QEL/Korrodes system Implement basic QEL/Korrode system for evaluation Make adjusts to Korrodes system for other skills (FAIL - not easily done) Open modified Korrodes sytem to players on Test for evaluation & feedback Adjust items for Korrodes system (cancelled) Adjust mobs for Korrodes system (draft version initial testing done)(cancelled) Continue getting feedback on Korrodes system(cancelled) Adjust Korrodes system based on feedback including none combat skills(cancelled) Spawns & Spawn System Evaluate additional Attr systems (nerf Might and pick X-Attr's direct as examples) Test & get feedback on additional Attr Systems Evaluate Rationality effect on Exp and tune to avoid OP effect in extreme cases Monster Aggro, don't switch targets so much
- Evaluate Magic Exp vs new Exp Chart & Combat Exp (in progress)
- New Magic System outline (in progress)
- Tune Magic & Spells (in progress)
- Test Magic & get feedback if changes will be implemented
- Magic Specialization?
Move all monster attributes & tunable values to a stats file Make a single monster AI that uses the settings from the file Add monster drops to the monster definition file Test new monster setup in detail Remove lots of hard coded monster logic
- Tune Ranging for testing
Fix new bug in ranging & auto equipping (probably related to the fix to prevent wielding FA in melee)
- Test Ranging & get feedback if changes will be implemented
- Ranging Specialization?
- Improve movement speed system to allow more variations in speed (in progress)
- Add more specials to monsters (in progress)
- Tune monsters more so they have a range of values for stats (implemented)
- Look at leveling progression of monsters
- Look at monster spawns in detail
Modify test server for easier map testing
- Convert Quest related mobs to be tracked by the new spawn system
Add support for a Time System with actions at a specific time or interval with low overhead and avoiding polling
- Switch some of the polled timed events to the new Time System (in progress, Harvesting & Mixing are live)
Add delayed hint after Joker TPorts
audit &mass editing tool
- Enhance new Shop System to handle Quests better with new NPC logic
Convert more NPC's to use the new Shop System logic
- Evaluate Booksellers (items & prices)
Allow limited map makers to upload maps to map server for next round of testing
- Test IP map
- Change Quest etc for new IP map
- Implement new IP map
- Change OL client IP map
- What to do about Summoning?
- Review Manu/Mix formulas & Exp and adjust for current mobs/drops/items
More channels(premium?) More buddies(premium?)
- Warning when P2P will be expiring (can already be queried via #expire)
- Warning when Premium access will be expiring(can already be queried via #expire)
- What to do about Tailoring?
- What to do about Engineering? (probably will be removed)
- Server side counters (beyond the new Joker & Invasions tracking)
- Network layer rewrite, including protocol optimization from Proxy
- Network protocol enhancements (data compression, etc)
- Fire setup in map .def files
- Add support for new map .def features (such as need_premium)
- Map .def conditional support
- Allow birds to fly over low impassible terrain (fences, water)
- Update maps to support new flying update
Add support for server controlled walk-ability of tiles (drawbridge, gate open/closed, etc)
- Add Lottery ticket sales to other NPC's (general merchants or barmaids)
- Define new Quest System
- Convert existing Quests to new Quest System
- Begin adding new Quests using new Quest System
Add Boss capability to named Spawn Groups for use in Invasions & Invances
- Create new AI features to allow group actions/decisions based on Spawn Groups
- Add per user named variables (for use by Quests systems & other advanced features
Add automated name change system with history (ref pass Poll)
- Enhance Guild system to allow for more features in the future
- Package/item delivery system
OL Server TODO List
Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:48 AM
Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:20 AM
Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:17 AM
Because people like you spend so much time in playing games.
Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:37 AM
Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:38 PM
Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:14 AM
Yes, it's a good way to make sure people renew if they want and for the game to keep a little cash flow without learner having to keep track manually. If the game ever gets bots, the bot expiration should have an auto warning too.
Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:19 AM
Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:24 PM
Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:42 PM
Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:19 PM
There is absolutely nothing here to be of interest to a noob.
Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:46 AM
Personally, I agree with your point that the #1 thing on the list needs to be attracting new players but, for different reasons :
1) Some of the most important aspects of gameplay depend on player interaction, ie combat, trade, politics, socialisation, competition. It's not just the case that the fewer players you have, the less opportunity there is to engage in such activities, the proper functioning of the entire game largely depends on player numbers and, therefore breaks down below a certain threshold.
2) The number of players in the game is a significant factor in attracting new players. It's not just the case that existing players introduce new players, but that player numbers is a critical factor in making the game attractive to new players.
3) Any player who joins the game will eventually leave. It necessarily follows that, unless you are continually attracting and new players, player numbers will fall. That not only makes the game less attractive to new players (as per 2) but, less fun for existing players (as per 1).
4) The game is still in heavy development and testing, however; there's obvious difficulties in trying to develop gameplay that largely relies on a critical mass of player interaction when there aren't sufficient players
I wouldn't say that no one cares, but clearly not enough ppl care to do anything about it (beyond whining on teh forums ofc).
Are you :
a) asking for a more detailed explanation of what i'm doing ?
b ) stating that you see no real use or value in it ?
c) categorising me within a part of the community you regard as tedious, pointless and unrepresentative ?
Not quite sure why you think noobs are listened to any less than long-standing players are, but I did lol at your pouting about 'the ones in power'.
Did you have me in mind again when you came up with that jewel ?
Well i'd disagree with that one on just about every level. However, put very simply, a new player clearly has more to do and explore in-game than someone who's been playing ages and has explored and done nearly everything.
Would you not say ?
Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:58 PM
What more do you want ?
Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:58 PM
I just want to see this game improve and it steadily gets worse until even the pk guys quit. That's no great loss but when all of us are gone where the programmers gonna be. You will be sitting around in a circle wondering what went wrong. The problems is no one listens.
The main point now is there is no game? When is it going to start? 10 years from now maybe when all us old timers are long in the grave?
Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:12 PM
That hardly seems very tactful.
How about we raise some cash and organise some advertisements, write some reviews, vote up the game on the mmo league tables, attend some of the linux conventions and promote the game ? It's something any of us can do, individually or working together and I bet it's far easier than wrestling with structs, pointers and code.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users