• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Schmurk

Schmurk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

It totally reflects what I said in another thread so I fully agree on what Blackbeard said.

#22 Blackbeard

Blackbeard

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

View Postgroomsh, on 24 September 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

Did i miss something or are there already posted the details of combat system ? (besides exp gain system)
I mean i haven't seen the formulas that compute whether you hit and how much damage you do.
(Maybe i missed something ;))

I guesss you mean for the QEL system?
No they haven't been posted publically yet (korrode was/is away from his main comp), but they do exist, and have already been tested

#23 groomsh

groomsh

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

View PostBlackbeard, on 24 September 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

No they haven't been posted publically yet (korrode was/is away from his main comp), but they do exist, and have already been tested
Yes i know, but it would be nice to see them before implementing :)
Don't get me wrong, i'm not against it, just it would be good to see them for all. As Korrode said, it was mainly balanced for melee fighting (with magic and ranging following later).

Edit: and one important thing - by knowing the system, you can place your PPs where you want them from beginning. Not to mention players who would like to be allrounders or focus on mixing with a possibility of PvE/PvP.

#24 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

I agree 100% with Blackbeard here, the only underlying issue for me would be who is picked for this council (regardless of their attitudes in EL).

#25 Nova

Nova

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

looks like this eutopia suddenly has real potential to be a frutopia instead.  :unsure:

#26 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationMelburn, Strayamate.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

View PostBlackbeard, on 24 September 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

I guesss you mean for the QEL system?
Ya i'll post them soon.
I'm confirming with Krayon that my records of QELServ data are the most current that was implemented, because I made some important tweaks right near the end of when QELServ was last being developed that need to be there.

Was also waiting for a reply to this:
http://www.other-lif...ystem/#entry656

But guess i'll just post them publicly.

I'll try to get on it in the next day or two, but i am working both days and then i'm away working from Friday early morning until Sunday afternoon.

edit: oh, and I agree with the initial post completely.

#27 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

While I'm honored that some of you would trust me with me making some decisions myself, I'm trying hard to make sure that the majority of the decision making stays in community hands. I will not allow myself to become a dictator unless you vote me in initially!

#28 bog

bog

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostLearner, on 25 September 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

While I'm honored that some of you would trust me with me making some decisions myself,
as long as one day you promise never to buy all the Rostogol stones in one swoop :)

I'm trying hard to make sure that the majority of the decision making stays in community hands.
From the tone of contributions this is evident, even though most discussion probably happens in game

I will not allow myself to become a dictator unless you vote me in initially!
If everyone just keeps calling you Learner and not Dictato then Learner is a better title anyway , learning is good.

*edit* I think everyone would agree if you felt the need to do something , it would be justified ( such as this OL )

#29 Aislinn

Aislinn

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

So, seems people need to decide if they're ready to vote on:
1. Dictator or council
2. If council, who?
3. Hard cap (what level?) or soft cap (which one?)
4. Which combat system?
5. Will there be perks? If so, will they be totally different ones?  How will they be earned?
6. Will there be nexus?  If so, how will they be earned?

Seems nothing else makes sense to discuss until we have answers to these issues.

#30 bog

bog

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

1. Perhaps let it evolve from its current state without a vote :P *edit* Although both is good
2. Nobody should be allowed to submit themselves
3. Hard cap usually exist when high lvls are attained fast right? Soft cap is good for long term , I might be wrong here
4. Ask Korrode :P
5. Perk system is totally linked to current system of EL combat, if you re define that you need diff perks
I think ( but thats just my opinion and I do not code )
6. 5

#31 Infamous

Infamous

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

1:council
2: i unno, we'll see when we find some good candidates and then vote a few on the council
3: hard cap, depending on how fast levels are gained in korrode's system i think it should be low'ish and then keep moving the cap up once many people reach the cap. for example playerbase of 50, hard cap might be 60 and once 35 people reach the 60 cap put it 20-30 levels higher. ofc it depends on how fast people gain levels.
4: korrode's ^^
5: i do like the idea of perks, positive ones for sure since you make a sacrifice of PP to gain something usefull different from attributes, which allows for extra ways to get different builds. on the other hand theres some "neg" perks that need to be removed. power hungry/scotty died is free PP. hellspawn is negative enough, but would need to give less PP.
not sure about anti-social since you can get someone to buy things for you, but you'd need to find someone willing to buy stuff for you, but sometimes you have to wait forever to find someone x,x though it does need to give less pp aswell.
godless, without invances and dailies this one isn't exactly that bad, Tyra and i tried with her serving att god, and me godless in Att pvp. the only difference was 20k an hour. although it adds up over time, the bonus pp are much more attractive then the few k of exp an hour imo. especially if you are going for a game where you don't take 5 years to catch up to others. i'd say 5-6 pp would be enough for that one, but increase the bonus effect from serving gods, maybe not exp but a different bonus only available to servants of gods?
ICD and gelly bones are negative enough, but they'd need to give less PP.
bottom line is perks are good to add more variation to peoples build, but some perks need to be changed so that you don't get a huge bundle of PP for basically nothing.

6: nexus system is imo OK. sacrifice pp to be good at other things, instead of being completely self dependent and be a superstar in PK. although you'd still be ok in PvE if you put nexus.

#32 Grendous

Grendous

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

If your going to keep same EL Nexus system OL isn't going to have many mixers. At this point OL not worth the switch from EL.

#33 St_ArcaNe

St_ArcaNe

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

No kidding, the project has only been going for a few weeks now... did you expect an entirely new, complete game?

Anyway, here's some advice for everyone who has a problem with something:

go think of a good alternative idea to replace/fix what's bothering you, and go post an idea about it... the ball is in your court, stop being a whiner and start being a winner!! :P

#34 Blackbeard

Blackbeard

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

bump, also, saw in another thread someone saying that if we didn't like one of learner's unvoted for changes we should make a poll to overrule it. I like how there is financial motive for learner to add bad stuff into the game, lol, awesome system

#35 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

The changes I make I do because I think they are important to be done for the long term balance of the game, or in some rare cases just some simple fun (like Tag). I do not make changes to force income ... that would take many more changes for anyways!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users