4 replies to this topic

#1 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:00 PM

I read the topic about sogo jumping on a bag that was being used to buy supplies.   Not re-opening that topic but I disagree that any bag is open to being jumped on.

However this is a new topic. My beef is deliberate bag jumping death bags from a specific guild as a vendetta.  A certain person in game is targeting a guild during invasions and jumping on their death bags on purpose.  

Then this person boasts about it in channel. This is ABUSE !! Plain and simple abuse.

et_alors is breaking rule 2 No harassment.....he is harassing a guild by stalking them to get their db's

Also breaking rule 25, being a troublemaker and rule 3 disrespecting the rights of a guild to enjoy the game by shadowing them in invasions to wait for them to die and take their death bag.

This post is a request that the abuse, harassment and disrespect of et_alors stop.

#2 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1434 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:12 PM

Those are EL rules, here's the ingame rules, from Ingame rules thread, in the Rules Forum:

• Use your common sense, until the community decides be conservative about what will or wont be allowed
  • Keep the channels 'clean' and when possible, on topic. As the community decides and grows this will change as needed
  • If you have discussions in channel about game improvements or changes, try to get the ideas into the forums so more people can provide feedback and they don't get lost
  • What we have is just what we're starting with, things WILL be changing
  • Due to spammers, hackers, etc, use of a proxy known to be used for illegal or abusive purposes will not be permitted. Using private proxy systems that have not been abusing the Internet is permitted.
  • Characters or Alts shall not interact in any way with other characters run by the same player in any way. It is best if you don't even have an Alt at all. This is not limited by IP or who is running the character at the time of the offense. Other players should not assist by being middle men or help or they may be included in punishment. Punishment can include losing all items or all characters!
  • No gc Sales for RL $'s etc / aka no black market gc sales.

Common sense one you might have, but as we all know, everyone lack some of it.

will just shove this topic in, as it's relevant, and it explains my position. If it's tl;dr, then it's : I don't like it, but it's not against the rules. The rules don't have fixed or punishment guidelines known, so let's make some.

#3 Rabbitman

Rabbitman

That Mod Guy

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

Personally I beliebe this belongs in disputes not abuse as none of OL's rules have explicitly been broken. I think a better way to approach this issue is to discuss how player death is handled. I will start a thread in general chat on that topic in a few.

#4 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1434 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

Rabbitman, we already have a death thread. Actually, many. Here you go.

Underworld
Player Deaths And Gods Ingame
Death bags
When You die

Maybe use one of the existing threads?

And i agree, this isn't abuse, since as you can see in my first post, he's broken a different games rules. Also, i made that crime and punishment thread exactly to try and avoid this stuff through what people perceive as ban worthy, etc. while the various death threads will cover nearly every topic on it you want. Read them all

#5 Rabbitman

Rabbitman

That Mod Guy

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

I have read each of those threads before, and I reread them just now. There are some interesting ideas presented. The problem with all of those threads is they dont consider the whole picture, just little parts for minor improvements. I have a pretty lengthy post Ive been working on which I believe helps tie things together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users