13 replies to this topic

#1 Makiltur

Makiltur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:34 AM

Some important questions to think about:

Who would produce more text, 1000 monkeys, each with their own typewriter (and basic knowledge on things like changing paper and etc) or butler, winter, and munt locked in a room and given unlimited energy drinks?

At what point would the coherency and readability of the human-produced text begin to resemble that of the monkey-produced text?

Thoughts?

#2 winter

winter

• PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:02 AM

you mean, it isn't already monkey scribble???  Thank you Maki!  I thought no one read my blathering LOL!

#3 Kyndor

Kyndor

• PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:14 AM

LOL! That is a great question Maki!
I would give them 5 hours . . .

#4 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:13 AM

Coffee, and you know how many grammatical and typographical problems I get into when typing quickly.

The coherency would be interesting XD

#5 Fire

Fire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPoland,Europe

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:43 AM

HAHAAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

#6 winter

winter

• PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:02 PM

You only laugh because you think it's true!!!!! which... um it probably is...

#7 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:10 PM

tbh, I think munt could go on for longer than I could, the eloquent bastard. My thought process is far too scatterbrained to withstand such a marathon of writing.

#8 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:50 PM

If you look at it logically, the monkeys ;)
Sorry boys but unless you three have 333 arms each..don't think you can keep up xD

#9 winter

winter

• PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

I think an equally vexing question would be, how long would the three of us last, in a room with each other, all of us hyped up on energy drinks?  Gosh, I wouldn't be able to stand myself after about 10 minutes.. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  It is an interesting scientific question tho.

Let us take a closer look, shall we:
[expurgated: many many many many lines of senseless rubbish]

so there you have it, agreed?

#10 Makiltur

Makiltur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:01 AM

This is a very good point. Perhaps it'd be better to have the 3 of you in separate rooms, but connected only via LAN and with no internet access.
Otherwise... Things may end in bloodshed.

Now then, how would the monkeys react if we were to introduce a female monkey? Would they stop typing? would they type better?
If we were to introduce a female OLer to the humans? - Maybe that would make it possible to keep them all in one room after all.

#11 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostMakiltur, on 04 February 2015 - 04:01 AM, said:

Now then, how would the monkeys react if we were to introduce a female monkey? Would they stop typing? would they type better?

Depends on whether the female monkey was wearing a low cut top.

#12 Makiltur

Makiltur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:50 PM

Hmm... Maybe it'd depend more on if the female monkey also had a typewriter or not.

#13 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2403 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:03 PM

Yes, typewriters would give them headaches making for very angry male monkeys.

#14 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:19 PM

Last time monkeys were confronted by this evolutionary challenge, the females wielding noisy typewriters were confined to the 'typing pool', and only allowed her out to take shorthand and make tea.

After 5:00pm each day, young male monkeys would perform lots of crude genetic experiments on teh females (usually involving gin, chips and the back seat of a Ford Anglia) resulting a new breed of male monkey who could take his own shorthand and type it up. It was at this point that IBM recognised the obvious gap in the market and invented a typewriter with a screen so that this new breed of male monkeys could type and watch pr0n at the same time. This was so successful that it the vast international pr0n exchange called 'teh intawebz'  was invented so as male monkeys could swap smut and filth without ever leaving their seat.

All this was bad news for the oldfag monkeys who, being unable to type, were completely unable to access any pr0n themselves, resulting in most eventually dying of terminal frustration. Meanwhile, some female monkeys evolved into pr0n stars, lap dancers and Miley Cyrus, whilst others became rocket scientists, astronauts and Angela Merkel.

As a result the world economy boomed and the sun smiled gently upon the green and pleasant land. Ofc a few young monkeys still attempted to peform genetic experiments on the females (involving gin, chips and the backseats of ford fiestas), but most were just content to just surf pr0n and avoid the need for personal hygiene.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users