• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tuffy

Tuffy

• PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

This is something i thought would be cool so here is my idea on it.

Speed up harvesting while wearing a harvest medallion, it would actually make the harvest medallion more worth buying.

Right now i think the break rate is still bad on these so that is why i am suggesting this, something to add to it.

Make the speed like 1/4 more times faster than the normal speed of things.

Yes it is kinda off the wall but would make buying a harvestor medallion more satisfying while keeping it at same break rate.

#2 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:11 PM

It was only worth it in EL so you could not be stopped by mini events imo. So yeah, I think harv med needs a little boost in OL. Maybe adding +5 to harv level  or something like that. It would fit in with other meds that way too.

#3 Tuffy

Tuffy

• PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:57 AM

View PostKiwi06, on 09 March 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

It was only worth it in EL so you could not be stopped by mini events imo. So yeah, I think harv med needs a little boost in OL. Maybe adding +5 to harv level  or something like that. It would fit in with other meds that way too.

not a bad idea :)

#4 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:00 PM

View PostTuffy, on 10 March 2015 - 03:57 AM, said:

View PostKiwi06, on 09 March 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

not a bad idea :)

Yup, I like that idea too. Plus I agree with the point about harv meds being a bit underpowered atm.

Tuffy made the statement 'it would actually make the harvest medallion more worth buying' which is something worth applying to just about everything we have in game, ie if the utility of an object is such that it renders less benefit than the effort taken to make it, either peepz will ignore it (in which case it becomes a waste of bytes) or, peepz will make it for the wrong reasons (in which case it disrupts gameplay). I'm a great fan of our good man Castronova and his many fine tomes on the science of mmo's. If you've not read his shit, it's most informative on matters of utility, economics and politics. Even so, I suspect that he'd be fairly jealous of Tuffy's deceptively simple but totally inspired point.

#5 sirdan

sirdan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNaples Florida

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:01 AM

I have to agree some tweaking would be great for the med. 1/4 speed might be awesome.

#6 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:29 AM

I think 1/4 speed is way bigger than just boosting harv a little bit. I also think it's best to stick to systems the game already has in place rather than random other ideas (but that argument is a little off topic here and applies all across OL, not just to harv meds).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: harvesting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users