• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tuffy

Tuffy

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:33 PM

I looked but didnt see anything on this, so here is another idea i think should be added.

Have guild NPC for anyone starting a new guild but make it like burb and sarg to pay monthly fee to keep it open, the price to keep it open i not sure but i think it will help the economy alott better to have these.

Add a place for them like a market area, each will have a certain name, but once a guild opens up it will be able to use one of the npc's and place its guild tag to them.

Trying to get burb or sarg is in my opinion hard without upsetting others.

#2 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

Think that might be a good idea, better than having bots all over the place cluttering up the maps

#3 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:11 PM

I am going to be terrible, and guess that the betting over NPC's is to *hopefully* increase the gc going out via them every month. However, I do like the idea of more guild NPC's (in stalls, like in WSC). What would be interesting is if the number of NPC's scaled with the number of guilds, in a formula that gives slightly less than the total number of guilds (since not all guild might want one) and this can keep a little competition in acquiring them, while being a bit fairer than just 2 NPCs to cover potentially hundred of guilds (if the game expands nicely).

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2448 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:22 PM

Currently each NPC must be defined in the server along with it's race, looks, name, location, function. That means if we want to be adding more guild NPC's are desired, there are a lot of tedious details to be defined. Other ideas are on the long term list because the guild NPC's are very limited ... when there is time I'd like to give them storebot type functionality, but be part of the server.

#5 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:38 AM

I'd say it's probably a fair bet that not every guild would pay for an NPC. That probably helps with the "NPC for every guild" issue.

That being said, do they disappear if they aren't getting paid for? Is there a way to make them disappear/reappear if they are/aren't being paid for?

#6 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:20 PM

No, they just stay there untill someone buys the NPCs back up (this is easier to see on the EL PK Server).

#7 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:03 AM

Then I'd say to make a way to make them disappear if they aren't paid for (like bots) and this idea is pretty good.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: market, npc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users