which has a whole bunch of ideas, but ends up outlining 4 things:
- Monsters flexibility
- Monster Drops flexibility
I think it's now a good time to take a look at where we are and figure out where we are heading. This is not intended to be MY list and it is off the top of my head, so please contribute or correct where necessary.
Current state of development:
- The magic redo is moving along and we will hopefully see the results of it soon
- much work is being put into making new maps
- much work is being put into creating story lines and quests
- work has been done (Achi, help me out here) on instances
- L, other stuff? moving down the list of server changes, as in the above link?
(ok, we'll start with priorities as I see them, cuz I'm writing this, and we can massage the list as we go). Note, these priorities as I will first lay them out center on major areas of increasing playability, and scope (ie Fun) of the game, with an eye towards bang for the buck (cost/benefit)... which I understand may not necessarily be everyone's primary goals??
For Game Mechanics:
- finish magic
- finish/update instance system
- do/update the method for defining/coding quests. This is important since the content dev folks are actively working on new stuff and currently have no method of coding this content.
- create a system for gambits (sort of a combination of instances and quests). Perhaps with instances in place, this will fall in place too?? This is also important for the development of the content in the new areas.
- ranging redo
- new maps
- new instances
- new story lines
- new quests/gambits (requires game mechanics changes)
- redo meshes/graphics
Please respond with any other input you have, other stuff, disagreements, agreements, or otherwise.