• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BiteSize

BiteSize

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:12 AM

The Other-Life Wiki has a new domain name. The Wiki can now be found at http://www.ol-wiki.ca/ .

The Other-Life Wiki has undergone a facelift with new information and a design layout. With these changes i hope that information can be found easier.

Keep in mind The Other-Life Wiki is still under heavy construction and some information is not yet available. However we have done our best to ensure information contained within these pages is as accurate as possible.

Enjoy :)

Ash

#2 winter

winter

• PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:49 AM

This has been a huge effort, gratz and good job to you and the other contributors!

#3 real_jo

real_jo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:27 AM

this wiki cant be found anyore.

The new wiki is located at wikia.com: http://other-life.wi...Other-Life_Wiki

I just created a NewPlayer Page there and will try to fill the two other entry pages soon:
- Players coming from EL
- Howto help with game development

For the latter page it would be nice, if anyone can link me to all the distributed infos here, which are useful when people wnat to help with progging, graphic, maps or anything else.

#4 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:43 AM

Have a chat with Battle Wizard and Waterbottle as they are the most active in adding to Wikia Wiki

#5 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:13 AM

Keep in mind the wikia project was started at around the same time as Ash's wiki, it was just 1 of the two versions I killed when his went live. I'd also suggest at some point we migrate the things from wikia (And if we can get our hands on ash's backups) that as well to a MediaWiki based one for because it gives us more flexibility in our running of it, and most people who've done wiki maintance are familiar with media wiki

#6 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:52 AM

Quick blurb.

I have encountered some limitations in the Wikia wiki during the past few months as I've been getting it up to date. All I've done is get the data up to date (verifying base exp of skills on test, armor/weapon stats with the item page on webaccess, Seridia maps etc...) while following the styling and layout in place and bugging mixi with encyc updates in parallel with that work.

As I look to update the Seridia NPCs for OL and general items, the layout was the next focus along with DL maps. If that is easier to customize/manage elsewhere, wouldn't have complaints here. I found Ash's layout clean and pretty user friendly (personal opinion).

#7 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

Started working on this again, figured I give an update. My focus has been data gathering thus far instead of site specific tweaks because of the above desire to migrate to a different wiki domain.

Most DL maps (and associated caves/insides) have a first draft the page in place with data gathered from my personal explorations. They fall under three categories of updates:

1) Still need to explore
  • AD, MG, RI, TM
2) In wiki - Last explored within the past month
  • AE, BG, VL, AD, MG, RI
3) In wiki - Last explored over 3 months ago
  • DB, GL, LD, RL, TH, ZM
Also changed the default site color scheme for now to be similar to here (OL site) just for my personal preference as I work in it. If you don't initially see this change and want to, you'll probably need to visit the page in private/incognito mode or clear your browser's cache... but I can help if needed.

I did want to put the associated tab maps up as well, but wanted to double check (with Zian probably?) to make sure that's cool.

Edited by WaterBottle, 16 January 2018 - 06:07 PM.

#8 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:04 AM

View PostWaterBottle, on 08 January 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

Started working on this again, figured I give an update. My focus has been data gathering thus far instead of site specific tweaks because of the above desire to migrate to a different wiki domain.

Most DL maps (and associated caves/insides) have a first draft the page in place with data gathered from my personal explorations. They fall under three categories of updates:

1) Still need to explore
  • AD, MG, RI, TM
2) In wiki - Last explored within the past month
  • AE, BG, VL
3) In wiki - Last explored over 3 months ago
  • DB, GL, LD, RL, TH, ZM
Also changed the default site color scheme for now to be similar to here (OL site) just for my personal preference as I work in it. If you don't initially see this change and want to, you'll probably need to visit the page in private/incognito mode or clear your browser's cache... but I can help if needed.

I did want to put the associated tab maps up as well, but wanted to double check (with Zian probably?) to make sure that's cool.

Hi WB! The DL TAB Maps for outsides and undergrounds (as well as TM levels) are good to use. There are no DL TAB Maps for insides maps.

Regards
Z

#9 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:54 AM

- Added data for AD, VL, RI. Just leaves TM
- Added the main outdoor tab maps on each DL map page (not including any maps for TM as I haven't done that page yet)
- Cleaned up any page related to Engineering under the advice of L that existed before I started working on the wiki

#10 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:00 PM

Looks great WB!!

#11 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:26 PM

First pass of TM data complete and on wiki meaning DL maps have been visited at least once now. First pass means I ran through each map (outdoor & internal) once at a high level and documented the following:
  • NPCs locations and vendor info
  • Harvestables locations
  • Creatures on map (outdated for some maps)
  • Locations of some RP related elements (such as history books)
  • Locations of internal maps (if applicable)
  • Locations of exits/borders to other maps
Next steps are to keep up with any updates to maps, document DTF and MBC, and clean up OL specific differences in the wiki. First, or the main priority, I am in the process of resolving a bug/issue I found the other day that affects most pages.

#12 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:44 PM

• Updated GL page with new info since map update last weekend
  • Updated GL, RL tabmaps
  • Got around to the Creatures page. More specifically, trying to get invasion bosses on there in some order (used forum post from 2016). Probably not accurate as of today, but it's a start in the right direction.
    • Will need help with matching a creature picture to boss for some of them (because I am noob), any bosses that are missing (I know shelob is missing already), and if stats have changed that has caused a change in difficulty.
  • A lot of behind the scenes work on the site which will continue...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users