new domain: other-life wiki

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:37 PM

I got burglarized when I returned to my place Friday night (door was kicked in). Notable items taken for this topic are that they took my desktop, keyboard and my two laptops.

So there goes the moving away from Wikia work. Since I don't have a computer either anymore I'll have to find a way to change my characters' PWs in the meantime.

This is also a notice that I haven't logged in since the incident.

Edit: Also forgot my Web access PW so only real way to talk to me is leaving a PM here. Unless I figure it out but that's not the highest on my priority list right now.

#22 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:39 AM

ouch, I hope it sort outs ok.

#23 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:07 AM

Oh my gosh WaterBottle, that is terrible. Something like that can make you feel so violated....

You reported it to the police right?

As for your WebAccess pw, Learner can help you get that back.

You take care, feeling devastated for youPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

You are in my thoughts.....love you.

#24 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:59 AM

Geez...sorry to hear WB!

We were broken into 12 years ago and they ranked the house and took all electronics/computers/camers/coin collection ($$$)!! It was devastating especially for the wife :(

You have been victimized and plays on your head! Insurance takes care of the stuff but mentally will take sometime to recover from.

Regards
Z

#25 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:38 PM

Just a general update that relates to this topic.

I am slowly buying parts to build a new desktop pc with what I can save; just a basic setup to actually have a computer again. Once that is done I should be returning to OL but I will say that I am pretty much done with any wiki related work going forward; barely have time in between work and classes to play, let alone do much else.

#26 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:49 PM

Quite understandable WB, you take it easy....hope to see you back in game soon.

Just so you know, Ash is back

#27 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:21 PM

Home contents insurance would have covered your loss?

#28 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:45 AM

My Renters insurance covered the "current value" of what I could prove I owned that was taken. So one part of that is some things were not reimbursed due to lack of proof and the other part is electronics depreciate in value over time so my 3+ year old tv and computer lost some value.

The other (main) consequence of the theft was my spare key fob was stolen. Being a "push to start" type of vehicle, instead of re-keying the ignition, I had to pay for reprogramming to make that stolen key fob not work on my car. It was not covered by the Renters or Auto Insurance and the cost of that was about 1.5x as much as I got reimbursed to begin with, to give a sense of needing to already dip into some emergency savings. The cost of technology.

#29 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2019 - 10:19 AM

View PostWaterBottle, on 02 July 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

My Renters insurance covered the "current value" of what I could prove I owned that was taken. So one part of that is some things were not reimbursed due to lack of proof and the other part is electronics depreciate in value over time so my 3+ year old tv and computer lost some value.

The other (main) consequence of the theft was my spare key fob was stolen. Being a "push to start" type of vehicle, instead of re-keying the ignition, I had to pay for reprogramming to make that stolen key fob not work on my car. It was not covered by the Renters or Auto Insurance and the cost of that was about 1.5x as much as I got reimbursed to begin with, to give a sense of needing to already dip into some emergency savings. The cost of technology.

OUCH!

#30 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:45 AM

Don't know what to say.....so sad:(Posted Image and angry this happened to such a wonderful personPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users