Jump to content

  •  

Other-Life Wiki

new domain: other-life wiki

  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2845 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 12:55 PM

The Wiki should NOT be on the game server, but I agree on an OL controlled server. Tried that once so far with one person setting it up, he never gave anyone else access, he vanished, and it broke later on from software update that were incompatible with stuff he had done with MediaWiki. It was originally a VM running on the same server as the Forums VM.

#42 Yulin_Old

Yulin_Old

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:41 AM

View PostLearner, on 15 June 2020 - 12:55 PM, said:

The Wiki should NOT be on the game server, but I agree on an OL controlled server. Tried that once so far with one person setting it up, he never gave anyone else access, he vanished, and it broke later on from software update that were incompatible with stuff he had done with MediaWiki. It was originally a VM running on the same server as the Forums VM.

Yes, that is my idea, an OL controlled server. This time I can give access to you or SAWolf (if she agrees), so that if I "vanish" somebody can control the VM.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Yulin_Old

#43 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2845 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:22 AM

View PostYulin_Old, on 16 June 2020 - 09:41 AM, said:

View PostLearner, on 15 June 2020 - 12:55 PM, said:

The Wiki should NOT be on the game server, but I agree on an OL controlled server. Tried that once so far with one person setting it up, he never gave anyone else access, he vanished, and it broke later on from software update that were incompatible with stuff he had done with MediaWiki. It was originally a VM running on the same server as the Forums VM.

Yes, that is my idea, an OL controlled server. This time I can give access to you or SAWolf (if she agrees), so that if I "vanish" somebody can control the VM.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Yulin_Old
New VM built as we discussed, and I've granted you and SAWolf access to it. You're the primary responsible person for it and SAW is backup.

#44 Zian

Zian

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:58 PM

Great News Learner!

Gratz Yulin+SAW...looking forward to see the OL Wiki progress/grow!!

Regards
Z

#45 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2845 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:12 PM

View PostZian, on 24 June 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

Great News Learner!

Gratz Yulin+SAW...looking forward to see the OL Wiki progress/grow!!

Regards
Z
Hey, you'll enjoy it too .. we'll have to see how fast that server is for your MapAudits even when it's handling the Forums & Wiki as well! Be prepared to do some time measurements once I have that available for you and Forums has moved.

PS the Forum move is scheduled for next week a this time.

#46 Yulin_Old

Yulin_Old

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:26 AM

View PostLearner, on 24 June 2020 - 07:22 AM, said:

New VM built as we discussed, and I've granted you and SAWolf access to it. You're the primary responsible person for it and SAW is backup.

Yesterday I moved the wiki to the new VM, and today I configured the Short URLs. Now you can access to the wiki using this URL: http://wiki.other-life.com/

I would like to thank Learner for kindly giving us some of his resources to support the wiki. I will try to keep updating the wiki, and I hope everyone can help. If anyone finds any wrong or outdated content, please post that information here so that I can correct it.

Regards,

Yulin_Old.

#47 PandemiC

PandemiC

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:33 AM

View PostYulin_Old, on 25 June 2020 - 07:26 AM, said:

View PostLearner, on 24 June 2020 - 07:22 AM, said:

New VM built as we discussed, and I've granted you and SAWolf access to it. You're the primary responsible person for it and SAW is backup.

Yesterday I moved the wiki to the new VM, and today I configured the Short URLs. Now you can access to the wiki using this URL: http://wiki.other-life.com/

I would like to thank Learner for kindly giving us some of his resources to support the wiki. I will try to keep updating the wiki, and I hope everyone can help. If anyone finds any wrong or outdated content, please post that information here so that I can correct it.

Regards,

Yulin_Old.

Nice one, thanks L.

Good job Yulin!

#48 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:53 PM

Fantastic news and progress!

It is wonderful to see OL get much closer to having something that can be labeled as an official wiki. I don't think I could express how much I appreciate you taking on this endeavor Yulin; it has been my biggest regret as I accepted the fact I lost interest in playing OL, so it is great to know it won't be lost to time.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users