•  

New IM

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Adding 1 - 2 IM's (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we want Wizzy as a new Invasion Master?

1. Yes! (40 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. No (8 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Who do think would be the best as an additional Invasion Master?

1. DueCE (23 votes [47.92%])

Percentage of vote: 47.92%

2. SAWolf (24 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. EatsAllLife (1 votes [2.08%])

Percentage of vote: 2.08%

4. None of the Above (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2639 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:19 AM

To help prevent burning IM's out, are looking to add 1 - 2 new IM's. Warlock has removed himself from being an IM but has offered to learn how and to help developed canned invasions on Test.

Note: paid for by Warlock

#2 GypsyNomad

GypsyNomad

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:50 AM

Voted Guildie

#3 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:27 AM

Hi OL o

First off thanks to the community for welcoming the idea of another IM, and thank you for all of your prompt responses on the last topic.  I would really like to help out the IM team by alleviating the stress on our current IM’s while simultaneously introducing a new and tasteful flare to invasions.  I would very much like to help out our game in some way; I am a dedicated player and fully intend to see the game grow (in player base and in content), and the best way for me to help out is through being a part-time IM.  I have listed some personal attributes that I think will become useful as an IM:

High stress tolerance
  • Have many responsibilities; I recognize ways to mitigate stress as it rises as to avoid ‘burnout’ or ‘overload’

Ability to learn quickly and apply new information and skills
  • I have learned as much as I can about the invasion system from first hand experience having watched Grimm, Learner & Achilles over time– now I am ready to have some more formal training

Not afraid to take initiative
  • May be suitable for ‘on-the-fly’ decision making and adjusting invasions to be best tailored to the players online
  • Making efforts to develop initiative without acting too hastily

Knowledgeable
  • Have participated in the evolution of invasions of all different levels for 2yr+
  • Have a strong understanding of end game boss stats, their hordes, and their drops from being a team player
  • Aware of the amount of time our current IM’s devote to the game
  • Aware of the game’s direction; where the game is headed, what is in scope, the time it takes for the game to develop

Respect for fellow players
  • Respected member of our community and also show a high level of respect to fellow players and to our IMs.

#4 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 01:26 PM

Heya OL, Eats again! :D

So as DueCE mentioned, thanks for the option of being a new IM, and the poll fee being paid (Thanks Warlock, true MvP right there ;) )

So, first of I'd like to state - thanks for allowing me to be a part of this poll, and I'd enjoy seeing it go good, and all goes well. Even if I don't win, that's quite alright! Now, I'd ove to help the IM team out, take some of the weight of their shoulders, help with invasions any ways possible, and I do understand that this is not an easy task, but I am prepared for the task at hand! I will now post some personal attributes! :)

Love to have fun
  • Within the Game
  • Outside of the game, even developing for it is fun for me
  • Part-taking in invasions
  • Generating some ideas on the forums
Knowledgeable
  • I've done my fair share of the gruesome slaughtering with these invasions, and lately, even taking the same role as DueCE - a healer/mage type of player, and I personally can say, this build with all it's EXP is quite fun!
  • I can tell the difference between a good invasion, and a terrible invasion. What's fun, and what's utterly disturbing to some
  • I will always make sure to support all the players within the invasion, and help in the most legal ways possible.
  • I am also able to learn things rather quickly, and have the potential to learn what I try! Nothing is unlearn-able!
Always willing to help
  • I'm always willing to help new players within the game. Each time I see one matter of fact, I give them all the same stuff when they begin
  • The stuff I give does include: 5 Aug torso's, 5 Aug pants, some weapons, usually 1-2 swords of every kind except Titanium longs/Titanium Serpent swords. As those are very expensive. I also give them some Body Restoration potions, and Body Restoration Potions, and usually some starter books, and about 5k GC.
  • In an invasion, if a boss to too strong, I will always go in and help the player stay safe and murder the boss, or even heal them if they wanna do it on their own!
  • When someone dies, if I know I can get to it for them, I try, even die sometimes, which of course, once I get to magic 50, will be better at retrieving my own Death Bags, and others as well.
Willing to take all rolls within the game
  • I'm willing to take any type of play style within the game, as my levels are built up to suit any play style as the game sits.
  • All of the useful skills in game (everything except Tailoring/Engineering) Are at a level of at least 25.
  • I will be a plain player, an IM, anything that I can be and fulfill completely within the game!
Able to run independently.
  • In game, I am able to run things on my own without help. I have my shop, it may not be the best service all the time, but it will always get the job done eventually.
  • I am able to do anything on my own, or with very little help (Not including team efforts in the game such as boss battles)
I can be a leader
  • I am able to be a leader within the game, I will always take charge in a group to make the overall plans, just take a look at the things I am making for the game that requires other's help, such as the stone chart.
  • I am able to create spreadsheets, and am learning coding to be able to help code, and graph what's going on in game and to help the game grow more.
  • I believe being a leader is very important, as it shows power, leadership, authority, etc.
I respect others, as long as they respect me back! And sometimes, eve without it back, as I want the community closer, not pulled apart.

These are all skills I'll believe to be helpful. Thank you all for taking your time, I appreciate it, please vote for EatsAllLife! Again, thanks! For now!
~Eats

#5 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 01:29 PM

Hi,

My first problem is that I am not well known in the community and this will have a negative effect on getting the nod from the majority. However not being well known in some ways is a good thing, I have no real enemies (yet), I don’t engage in pk, and generally avoid pvp. (I am not high att/def so you’d all kick my butt anyway :P) I also try to avoid arguments on public channels. I don’t lash out at personal attacks and will rather avoid confrontation unless absolutely necessary.

I have run a baseball team (adult amateur men and kids) and and been an baseball umpire (yes, I am female :P) so I think I can handle vicious criticism (and no that isn’t a challenge :P). So personality wise I think I would cope.

My second possible negative is that I am not a high level fighter. I can’t tell you that my char can’t dodge attacks as well as it should, or that it isn’t hitting well enough and needs another point on dexterity, or that a certain mob will be better to train on then another (other than the ones I have had experience with at almost 60 att/def) That being said though doesn't stop me from learning and listening to the advice of the higher ups.

I also really enjoy teamwork and watching a mixed group of skilled people from different backgrounds come together to help achieve a common goal is great! I also love to see the different skills working together, rangers, healers, tanks, hitters and summoners. My ultimate goal would be to one day be able have an invasion that would require all the above to complete (maybe DTF would be it). :)
My good points...I am logical, systematic and don’t mind learning new things, I generally fit in with others very well and in past projects when I needed to collaborate with other coders I have been able to work well, fitting in with them but also working with my own style so there usually isn’t a clash of wills.
I am relatively smart and do learn quickly, can also notice patterns and like to improve the ease of use of complicated, clunky systems. I would like to work with the other IMs as well as learn from them and stretch my own wings in the invasion realm.

I am honest and will not use my IM role to target or negatively harm the players in the community. (I guess dropping a horde of angry mobs doesn’t count as harm?)  I want to make the players like invasions as a challenge but fun past time, No one wants to play a game that doesn’t engage them.

I wish all the other prospective IMs well and good luck. OL will be the better off no matter who gets choosen.

Thanks
SAWolf

#6 JRats

JRats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:42 PM

Voted...   \o/

#7 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1166 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:40 AM

Voted as well...good luck all

#8 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:42 AM

Voted for DueCE, and would have voted for SAWolf as well if I could have. I have full confidence in DueCEs ability to create invasions that are fun and well balanced, and know he's a trustworthy player. SAWolf is also very trustworthy. I am unsure of Eats.

I voted No for Wizzy purely because I don't know the guy, so I can't really endorse him. I'm sure the people who do know him will make the right judgement based on his ability and personality.

#9 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:44 PM

View Postbutler, on 16 December 2015 - 05:42 AM, said:

Voted for DueCE, and would have voted for SAWolf as well if I could have. I have full confidence in DueCEs ability to create invasions that are fun and well balanced, and know he's a trustworthy player. SAWolf is also very trustworthy. I am unsure of Eats.

I voted No for Wizzy purely because I don't know the guy, so I can't really endorse him. I'm sure the people who do know him will make the right judgement based on his ability and personality.

Butler, how come you say you're unsure if I am trustworthy? .-. I believe I am very honorable, and trustworthy player. As stated above, I do help all newbies I see, with general gameplay, and items if I can spare. I've also helped many get their death bags back. And went above and beyond in some invasions to help. Can you please clarify why you may think I am untrustworthy? Much appreciated! ~Eats.

#10 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:33 AM

I don't really know you. You do do good, but sometimes you can be very reactionary, and unpredictable. Generally I don't know you well enough. That is why I am unsure. Unsure isn't negative, it is neutral, and means I do not have an opinion on you for or against. But things like a carefully selected and purposefully concise and what I thought was an unoffensive explanation of not knowing what to think of you being immediately down voted is part of why I am unsure.

Does it very much matter anyway? I'm sorry if you were offended, I try my best not to.

#11 Rabbitman

Rabbitman

That Mod Guy

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:42 AM

Based on the results of this poll I say there is enough community support for wizzy, duece, and sawolf. I move to add all 3.

Based on the results of this poll I say there is enough community support for wizzy, duece, and sawolf. I move to add all 3.

#12 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:22 AM

I 2nd the motion! :)

It doesn't hurt to have a few extra IM's!

#13 Kyndor

Kyndor

• PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:54 AM

I agree. Three votes difference between Duece and SAWolf is too close to call. Please train all three.

#14 Nightmare

Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:26 AM

View PostRabbitman, on 17 December 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

Agree

#15 winter

winter

• PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:39 AM

Here here!  All 3

#16 St_ArcaNe

St_ArcaNe

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:40 AM

Where, where!?

Oh and who put eatsalllife up there XD that was a cruel joke

and rest assured butler mi amigo, wizzy is a top notch fellow, an excellent choice for an invasion master!

#17 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:13 PM

Voted for my guildy SAWolf, if it comes down to having only 2 more IM's.

I feel she will really add a different aspect to invasions.......she is trustworthy to the utmost,  would never, ever abuse her powers.  

SAWolf would conduct herself in a most professional manner (not saying the others wouldn't) :), she has my AlddrA character on EL to participate in the instance there and has never abused the use of it.  SW still asks me every time she would like to use her :) although I have told her countless times it's ok.   All I ask is that she tells me when she does use her so that I don't log onto her at the same time.  

Anyway, my point is SW would make a wonderful, interesting, perfectly trustworthy and professional IM. :D

Also, as Rabbitman has stated, there is most likely room to have all three IM. :P

#18 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:11 PM

I really dig the idea of having three IM’s!!!

I do not know Wizzy but have heard great things about him within the OL community. I do however have the pleasure of knowing SaWolf and DueCe and they are both phenomenal!  They would make spectacular IM’s, and I wish I could have voted for both of them J have a great day!  I can’t wait to see how it all turns out!

#19 Wizzy

Wizzy

• PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:24 PM

Rabbitman ... Voice of reason. Agree fully.

#20 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1166 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:30 PM

agree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users