• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Caliphear

Caliphear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:20 AM

Since I have been gone for a long time, I have been trying to read through changes in the game. My issue, I have no clue what a lot of the lines even mean. I am not savvy in coding and tbh it's rather confusing. Think it would be a good idea to dumb some of it down for those of us who just play the game. Or is it just me lol

#2 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:16 PM

Wb Cali. Here is a list of new stoof in-game:
  • There's a new map 'Ravens Isle' plus some changes to Whitestone to incorporate a new port
  • On Raven's Isle, there's a a female gnome that you can hunt (and who sometimes drops trousers)
  • Sometimes there's a wooly gargoyle who's uber gnarly and persistent. Whilst you can't see the wool (he looks like any other gargoyle), most peeps tend not to care when they're running for their life.
  • Invasions are now mind boggling massive, dangerous and completely unbelievable. Even IP is invaded. Terror and carnage abounds
  • There are creatures called IM's who orchestrate invasions in new and cunningly fiendish ways. They are extremely harmful to the health of anything in an exc cape.  If you want to be invaded by something special (say rats), you need to ask an IM nicely and give a good reason, ie I need more tails and stuff for my furry boots.
  • There are some weird bosses including an imp with an entirely unpronounceable name plus all kinds of peculiar snakes, eg (slithering the terrible) etc etc etc. I'm not fond of any of them and run away screaming like a girl.
  • Sometimes there is a legion of attack-bears. I'm not keen on bears at the best of times and it really doesn't matter if they're brown, black, white or even tartan. All bears are bad and were born that way.
  • You can buy a thing called a pack, although i've never bothered. It's purpose is to let bag jumpers run off with even more of your stoof after you've been killed and left naked, dead and alone in the middle of mm
  • You can buy a titanium pickaxe. It's a pretty looking thing and good for impressing lady harvers. Otherwise it's expensive and yellow and not really of much practical use. However, rather like a Ferrari, it's something everyone should aspire to own.
  • There are all kinds of DTF, WTF, FTW WWE  and WBA events (I forget what the initials all stand for). They have something to do with combat but, beyond that, i'm not sure. Once they invent one where you attack lumps of iron ore, i'll prolly take more interest.
  • There are still no mods or dragons, or at least any that have been caught in the wild. If you find either one i'd recommend that you range from a distance until it's mortal coil has well and truly shuffled off. I will then bag, weigh and purchase the fur and tail from you for a reasonable price.
  • There is still no gypsum. Yup, it's an outrage.
  • You can get a bad day removal token even though we don't have any bad days.
  • There's still nothing you can make with dung, but that doesn't stop nublets trying. Neither is there any reason for you to enter an outhouse other than for quiet contemplation and what nature intended.
  • There are no bots. There are guild npc's but no one can remember where they are, least of all me. Instead there is Bat17 who sells pretty much everything and who has much grace
  • We recently lost our last resident bag jumper (et_alors). He was brutally efficient and good at his .job and is therefore missed even less than Nova's presence on the forums.
  • There is free mercury in Killeran Field, which is the only sane reason to go there.
I'm sure others with more tech knowledge will help fill in the gaps, but I think i've pretty much covered all the important stuff.

#3 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:28 AM

View Postthemuntdregger, on 03 February 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

Wb Cali. Here is a list of new stoof in-game:
  • There's a new map 'Ravens Isle' plus some changes to Whitestone to incorporate a new port
  • On Raven's Isle, there's a a female gnome that you can hunt (and who sometimes drops trousers)
  • Sometimes there's a wooly gargoyle who's uber gnarly and persistent. Whilst you can't see the wool (he looks like any other gargoyle), most peeps tend not to care when they're running for their life.
  • Invasions are now mind boggling massive, dangerous and completely unbelievable. Even IP is invaded. Terror and carnage abounds
  • There are creatures called IM's who orchestrate invasions in new and cunningly fiendish ways. They are extremely harmful to the health of anything in an exc cape.  If you want to be invaded by something special (say rats), you need to ask an IM nicely and give a good reason, ie I need more tails and stuff for my furry boots.
  • There are some weird bosses including an imp with an entirely unpronounceable name plus all kinds of peculiar snakes, eg (slithering the terrible) etc etc etc. I'm not fond of any of them and run away screaming like a girl.
  • Sometimes there is a legion of attack-bears. I'm not keen on bears at the best of times and it really doesn't matter if they're brown, black, white or even tartan. All bears are bad and were born that way.
  • You can buy a thing called a pack, although i've never bothered. It's purpose is to let bag jumpers run off with even more of your stoof after you've been killed and left naked, dead and alone in the middle of mm
  • You can buy a titanium pickaxe. It's a pretty looking thing and good for impressing lady harvers. Otherwise it's expensive and yellow and not really of much practical use. However, rather like a Ferrari, it's something everyone should aspire to own.
  • There are all kinds of DTF, WTF, FTW WWE  and WBA events (I forget what the initials all stand for). They have something to do with combat but, beyond that, i'm not sure. Once they invent one where you attack lumps of iron ore, i'll prolly take more interest.
  • There are still no mods or dragons, or at least any that have been caught in the wild. If you find either one i'd recommend that you range from a distance until it's mortal coil has well and truly shuffled off. I will then bag, weigh and purchase the fur and tail from you for a reasonable price.
  • There is still no gypsum. Yup, it's an outrage.
  • You can get a bad day removal token even though we don't have any bad days.
  • There's still nothing you can make with dung, but that doesn't stop nublets trying. Neither is there any reason for you to enter an outhouse other than for quiet contemplation and what nature intended.
  • There are no bots. There are guild npc's but no one can remember where they are, least of all me. Instead there is Bat17 who sells pretty much everything and who has much grace
  • We recently lost our last resident bag jumper (et_alors). He was brutally efficient and good at his .job and is therefore missed even less than Nova's presence on the forums.
  • There is free mercury in Killeran Field, which is the only sane reason to go there.
I'm sure others with more tech knowledge will help fill in the gaps, but I think i've pretty much covered all the important stuff.
This just made my day. You a boring game sound awesome to play. #MuntTheMarketer

#4 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:37 AM

Entertaining reading as usual munt......I giggled:)

#5 Caliphear

Caliphear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:02 PM

LOL ty Munt!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users