#1 Kyndor

Kyndor

• PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:59 AM

1.  Drawing for a new continent was created, which allows for the following:
  • non-square (more realistic) maps
  • Consistency and realism based on the geography - i.e. a desert map isn't bordering on a marshy map. mountains give way to hills give way to plains, etc.
2.  Geographic influences should be taken into account in the development of the individual maps. For example:
  • locations of towns/cities/farming areas/forests
  • types/location of harvestables
  • types/location of spawns
  • types of housing
3. Geographic influences should also impact the development of the following:
  • History
  • Culture
  • Politics
4. The Continent map has been broken out into 55 individual maps, many of which have been completed sufficiently to be placed on Test, where troubleshooting/tweaking is continuing.

5. A historical overview has been written for the continent, and individual histories for many of the 55 maps has been outlined and in some places completed.

#2 Makiltur

Makiltur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:57 PM

This seems like as good a place as any to post a summary planning map. This hasn't been updated with the Dwarven Lands names yet as I'm working on getting that updated in ArcGIS. I will be migrating this to QGIS at some point as well because licensing.

Link for full-res https://www.dropbox....ummary.png?dl=0
Posted Image

#3 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1166 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:30 PM

Thank you so much maki, this definitely helps 100% with my quest NPC's

#4 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:24 AM

If you see all the orchan homelands, the northern border of that is plateaus and is a land border for the continent. The continent as a whole isn't an isolated island. This is just me highlighting this.

#5 Mixi

Mixi

Newbie Forever

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

Great addition to the development information, ty.
One small comment: Raven Island is shown as connected to Lothend, but right now it is only accessible by ship from Glingor, whil Glingor is connected to Lothend, This shipping route is not correctly placed on the map.
In addition, the location of Raven Island has been updated to be in the South-East, below Glingor.

I have made a preliminary TAB map fro the DL part, since I have been exploring that a lot lately, I expect to have some more time in about 6-8 weeks to develop that further. Till that time, I am too busy with work to spend much time on OL development but might be in game occasionally.
TAB map: https://www.dropbox....otated.dds?dl=0

#6 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

The map is from 2015-2016, and the changes are known for your map movement. The shipping routes are just to illustrate the number of ships leaving maps and where they are to connect to (as you see, 3 from lothend, 5 from Draegoni-Gnome map 42 and 7 from Flying Citadel). Was as a guide for making ports i believe. There is also one shipping route that is slightly wrong for FC as well, as 4 ships are held in the inner port and 3 on the outer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users