Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:28 PM
So guys, I've currently up to writing the main tutorial for new players on Roths Haven.
There are currently two ways we can go about this which I will post here. Feedback is crucial!
Option #1 The Tutorial is played out by talking to Guru Gary, who will tell you how to use the interface and client, how to do skills, how to do attributes etc
- You don't go anywhere, everything is done right there and then by NPC, you may have to walk a tiny bit but pretty much the tutorial is done within the port.
- Guru Gary (true to his name) is a guru. he knows everything so it is fitting that he should be the one to teach how to play the game.
There is no real need for the player to go out and explore the map. Who knows what secrets or interesting things the player may find?
Option #2 Is similar to option #1. You talk to Guru Gary, who will tell you how to use the interface and client and attributes etc. However, when it comes to skills, he will ask you to explore the map and find the 'Skill Masters' of each skill that are spread out around RH. They in turn, will teach you the basics of their skill before moving on to the next one.
- The player will be made to go out and walk around, exploring Roths Haven. This promotes the games eyecandy, and gets the play to be more inquisitive.
- The player will learn a more thorough understanding of each skill from the 'Skill Masters'.
- There is a lot of walking around and players who don't want to do that, will be forced to too much since the map is pretty big for a tutorial island. This may deter new players from playing more.
Whatever the choice is, I have plans for said Skill Masters to be placed around Roths Haven anyway for future quests. If anybody has another idea, please present it here.
I would like feedback on this before moving on with dialogue for the NPC's/Guru Gary please.