• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Caliphear

Caliphear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:14 AM

You need a reason for ppl to go to pk maps is one way to increase pk. Whether its the only way to high end harvestable or some other incentive.  I know attacking harvesters is seen as horrible to a lot of ppl. But most of the pk in the  other game is the hydro route.

People pvping had some increase in pk but since there is less incentive here with pvp it cut down the pk that could possibly happen.

Like someone said, if higher mobs for training are on pk maps, that can incite pk. lesser exp/drop mobs ould be put on a non pk map. giving the incentive of better drops and better exp for higher risk.

If later on we do get harvestables that are hazardous, put a haz sto in pk map or have the haz items only in pk map.

Other ideas I have on pk has nothing to do with maps so I wont put them here.

#22 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:58 AM

Yes cali, exactly. So Kiwi06 can I ask, what reason you have for making 'Valunde #test 210' PK? will there be lesser cooldown, any harvestable or anything that you've thought of? because, that map sucks for being PK imo, so narrow. or you just chose that because u havent written any story for it yet?.... I see no reason why we cant have story/quest maps being PK aswell. Infact, that might be better...

#23 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:25 PM

@Warlock I'm pretty certain you have access to the file where I outlined the descriptions of each map. I AM writing story for the maps. That's literally all I am doing here.  I'm here to describe things in the game to make sure they all have a good story and make sense so that it all falls into place as a storytelling experience.

That being said, you guys have to remember that this is all a developmental experience. Things we layout now might not work at all. L might see a need to change it or mold it in his own way, or some people in the community voice their opinions on something that is way off and influence a big change.

That is what's happening here. At first, I was stupid and didn't design any ideas for outdoor PK in the Dwarven Lands. I sensed that might be an issue, so I came here to ask about PK. As it is, you guys haven't really provided me with a whole lot of insight into what PK is all about. All I got from this discussion is that we definitely need more PK by design, which is exactly what I'm working towards.

Don't freak out when something is put out there for development. We ask you guys these kinds of things to make sure we're working towards a great game, and not a poop-chute.

@Caliphear: please provide any and all ideas you may have for PK! That's what this post is about. That's what I'm trying to ask. I'm not asking you to jump on my ass about not having PK maps. I'm trying to gather ideas so that I can create a better story. So if you have anything design related, please share! Otherwise you might not like what others come up with.

If PKers don't put forth ideas, then it's going to be harvesters like me trying to design your PK maps with no direction. Is that what you want? I don't think that's what you want.

#24 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:32 PM

FYI:

status of maps currently are all single combat and non pk,
reason for this dev portion of the forums is to discuss these topics before choosing a decision.
this is the Dev's asking what do you think, so lets decide. even if decisions come down to a poll.

as per reading this post, understanding that this is just the first portion of the map release, there is even a huger underground being made, why because they are dwarven.

on that not status of maps are at this stage and thus why devs brought it to light,

the reason is because steps are being taken to give history and actually plan out a full working map. as kiwi has been posting updates in forum for your opinions.

PK is an option that will have to be decided along with spawns, npc,s quests, harvestables, storage's etc.
this is a pain staking process as is, someone brought up pk and is a valid point.  

thus review maps, history posts, etc and make up points in which we can use and decide as a community you can get a copy of current maps and review all for yourselves.  and make some options to choose from and assist in with your opinions to help choose way things are going.

#25 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 April 2016 - 04:39 PM

As an O/L player/fighter, map designer, from comments/ideas posted above and in many other forums, I've come to the same realization as Kiwi...we are at the point in our Dwarven Land (D/L) project where combat play requires a much more team focus moving forward.

I recall the many. many hours Grimm and I spent getting the DTF Map just right...and the many players invited to help test it...and did I mentioned the many, many map changes required to produce a very exciting combat play within O/L. I'd like/want the same focus on our D/L Maps. :ph34r:

To that end, I've offered Warlock a new dev team position as Combat Team Lead which he has accepted. In this role he''ll bring a team of like minded players together to focus on and review/investigate areas/ideas regarding combat levels, native/invasion mobs/spawn points, PK arenas/PK maps, instances/invances. and provide guidance to the rest of the Project DEV Teams.

Please welcome Warlock in his new role within our Project Dev Team!!

Regards
Zian

#26 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 04:59 PM

which he already had on IM test server status and responsibilities, and so does Duece.

They will be reviewing and making sure all will be in order as we progress,  They have plenty of duties on test that will be rolling past them for evaluation,

#27 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:43 PM

Thank you Zian and Grimm for your posts.  You are leaders for a reason for sure.  Of course the perfect solution to these pk arguments is to make a pk'er help out in the development of the maps.

Welcome Warlock. :)

#28 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:30 AM

It seems my welcoming post to Warlock may be a little premature considering some most disconcerting development! <_<

#29 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:45 AM

This topic was SO heated that I thought for sure we would be polling our decisions.

But at the moment all I see is Kiwi06 suggestion to make Valunde a PK map, or place arena's, But this is also from his story standpoint. He will make changes to his story to adjust accordingly upon community decisions on this topic.

I have no other specifics. locations, suggestions to even think about what to make PK.  Not from harvesters review of the lands, or pkers review of the lands.  We also have to decide what will be multi combat or single, none of these options have been touched or discussed prior to this topic.

On that note, it doesn't need to be a full maps either, I also seen maps divided (need map changes to access) or have valleys and ravines in which can have portions of lands pk.

Also note, that final decisions shouldn't be made until the vast underground cities and system is also completed for this release. (Zian is currently making) In which from my understanding will also be needed to pass through in order to reach other outside map areas that are currently set as outside to outside map change until undergrounds are added. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

thank you,

Grimm

#30 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:01 AM

View PostGrimm, on 21 April 2016 - 06:45 AM, said:

Also note, that final decisions shouldn't be made until the vast underground cities and system is also completed for this release. (Zian is currently making) In which from my understanding will also be needed to pass through in order to reach other outside map areas that are currently set as outside to outside map change until undergrounds are added. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

thank you,

Grimm
Almost right. The outside to outside maps are more or less how they will be. Not much will change. Some areas might have small tunnels/caves like you're thinking, but those are few and unique to specific map connections.

The safe and short route around the Kingdom would be through the mountain-city. There is also a longer, more dangerous route with resources, mobs, etc beneath that. Both of those need to be completed for any travel through the mountain.

#31 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:04 AM

I feel that large maps should be all MC, only narrow caves SC.

With respect to PK:

Qutside maps: Valunde and Rhoelind are my top candidates, maybe also Glingor. Note that there is a storage planned in the mountain between Valunde and Glingor that could serve well as a restocking station.

Inside: I would imagine tons of caves will feature high-level mob. Many--if not most of them--could be PK imho. Need to make sure though that some of those are MC because I think SC-PK maps are kind of pointless unless we are talking about murdering harvesters.

#32 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:36 AM

xD

Valunde for full PK. Morog south part PK, Glingor East Part PK, all Multi imo.

Arenas for 1v1 and special drop/cap rules.

Caves for murdering harvesters and competitive mob spawns.

Edit: Remember that these are in addition to Seridia PK maps, since those won't be going away until there are more lands and more maps to cover all that Seridia has to offer.

#33 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:16 PM

Hi guys

The whole purpose of forming a Com bat team is to bring focus to all forms of combat game play within the new D-Lands currently under design. I had a discussion with Warlock which he had originally accepted to lead this team however Grimm has informed me that he is not avaible as he is an IM. I approached Duece too however Grimm has told me that he too isn't available.

So, I'll reach out to the community at large to consider the Com Bat Team Lead within the Dev team. If you want to discuss further details about the position please PM me in game, OL forum or skype me (marack_ii).

Regards
Zian

#34 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:10 AM

FYI IM's do have much work on their plate ahead of them, for they will need to be a part of all development aspects.  BUT they are also their to assist, help and give input such as combat.  But their duties will be required above and beyond and including combat ;)

On this topic, still no input from members over the past 10 days to suggest maps and areas  ??????

I only ask and stress this due to the purpose of these forums, still looking for community input on the topic of PK in dwarven lands,  We will not be making a final decision until all the lands are ready for release, there are still 7 large inside maps being created along with passages etc.  but as for the outsides we much value the community input.  Please respond even if you agree with developers opinions on the matter.

Please, mouse over my name and send me a message to add me if you are unable to post here

thank you Grimm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users