10 replies to this topic

#1 Rabbitman

Rabbitman

That Mod Guy

• PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:57 PM

Hello all,

We just ran through remote spells on test and here are the issues we found. Note, if you are bored and want to help out, feel free to log on test and try breaking magic more! Just make sure you post here if you find something new.

1. Equations still need tweaking (and catch for minimums e.g. life drained a beaver for -1).
2. Offensive magic works against allied guilds (but not your own guild).
3. Using alt+click and ttr will only auto attack if you are within normal click to attack combat range. This may be intended but I figured we would mention it.
4. Potion of magic does not increase remote restore amount.
5. Poison damage is high (10-11) but does not stack. Maybe reduce to 2-3 damage but allow 5-10 stacks based on magic level?

RM

#2 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:31 PM

Here's some more notes, to reiterate some of the findings achi has presented.  If anyone can find flaws please do correct me.

General
*Spell cooldowns (at least for MD, LD, remote heal; presumed all spells that have a wand icon) now apply to the END of the spell
*BUG - Can use offensive spells on allied guilds in PvP

Teleport to Range
*Reagents/mana is consumed upon casting the spell (not upon clicking on your destination).  
*If you try to teleport to range to a valid tile and outside the max reach, nothing happens (no message, character doesn't move; only outcome is lost ess).  
*If you try to teleport to an invalid tile anywhere, you get the "Invalid teleport, select another location" message.  
*If you try to teleport into combat (i.e. by alt+clicking on an opponent while the spell is queued), so long as you are outside the attack distance (max distance that you can normally engage in combat), you will teleport right next to them but not automatically engage in combat.

Remote Restore
*Try it out - Open up the old school magic window (by clicking on the small square near the top right hand corner of the window) and add the reagents (in order): Global, Restore, Life
*Unaffected by magic potion (apparently, though with 50 rationality and 60 magic, my remote restore was consistently 96 despite using a magic potion)
*Unaffected by equipment modifiers and magic protections (as it should be :) )

Harm
*Range is longer (longer than LD, not as long as Remote heal)
*Equation now has some RNG/variance... though does not seem to be as much as LD/MD.

LD/MD will require a bit more testing, but appear to be in working (bug-free) order (other than being able to cast on allies).  They seem to be nerfed for now, as achi mentioned (but we're not concerned with tuning really right now)

Edited by DueCE, 24 July 2016 - 04:29 PM.

#3 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:35 PM

View PostDueCE, on 24 July 2016 - 03:31 PM, said:

*Reagents/mana is consumed upon casting the spell (not upon clicking on your destination).  
*If you try to teleport to range to a valid tile (but outside the max reach), nothing happens (no message, character doesn't move; only outcome is lost ess).  

happens on main too.

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2661 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:11 PM

BALANCING HAS NOT BEEN DONE YET ... this is only supposed to be about the gross bugs as I told Ach

#5 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:26 PM

This post reminds me that I know nothing about magic lol

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2661 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:40 AM

FYI, there is a cap on how much of a benefit you can get from your levels that stops you from gaining additional benefit when too high. People that are closer to the required level for RemoteRestore should try testing using a MagicPotion (like closer to Mag 40 or 50)

#7 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:42 AM

View PostLearner, on 25 July 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

FYI, there is a cap on how much of a benefit you can get from your levels that stops you from gaining additional benefit when too high. People that are closer to the required level for RemoteRestore should try testing using a MagicPotion (like closer to Mag 40 or 50)

fine then :P

Edited by DueCE, 27 July 2016 - 02:42 AM.

#8 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:13 AM

View PostLearner, on 25 July 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

Isn't it a little bit ummmmm harsh?

After a point, it gets REALLY hard to get magic levels and not only that, but also you make it stop us from gaining additional benefits because people spend MORE on magic?

I think it should be completely opposite.

The effect of leveling up from 30 to 31, should be LESS than leveling up from 60 to 61. Or vice versa.

That's how you keep people spending money on gold coins which you want to take out of game..... But your actions and even telling us this is completely ridicilious.

#9 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2661 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:25 PM

The cap is there so that the low level spells don't get OP when magic level + attributes get combines. There isn't a cap on how much of a benefit there is from the attributes other then the overall attribute cap. The level is is currently set at 30 levels about the required level, so there is a lot of roomt o level up, and for the higher level spells you won't usually hit it.

#10 sirdan

sirdan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNaples Florida

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

I haven't been able to replicate it yet but I have had this happen twice. I think it may have something to do with life drain. Anyway the HUD healthbar will say something like 100/144 and the bar above your characters head will say 144/144 and you can get the bar above your chars head to go over the max. It goes away if you change maps. Ill try and look into it more when i get a chance.

#11 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:45 AM

Nice find. Hopefully we can figure out how that happens. *cheers on the bug finding from a distance*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users