How it handles unreachable spots:
- Reads the .def & .elm files using the normal server routines
- Marks any use_area as being walkable (even if not reachable)
- Marks any use_area destinations on the same map as walkable
- Marks both ends of each telepad as walkable
- Marks all spots as walkable that are reachable from a walkable tile using the height difference rules the server uses ... repeat until done
- Prints the coordinates of any unreachable spots
So a test copy I have of RI can be found at http://dev.other-lif...ravens_isle.txt since the maps .def file is ravens_isle.def .
If you look at Ravens Isle, you'll see it has a lot of lights often close enough together that slow systems might be affected. I'd be interested in hearing from people that lag in IP if they lag more at night, specially in well lit areas to see if that is a factor with RI lag!
More changes may be added to it in the future! Also, the version of the file with harvestables will be available to the original map maker on request, even when it's hidden from normal access via the links.