#1 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:04 PM

Hi,

There is something that I was thinking about and wanted to get the suggestion up so it can be considered.

In PK areas you and your allies are against everyone else. This is perfectly fine.

However if you and a guildie want to test each others strengths then you or your buddy have to leave your guild do your fights and then reapply to the guild master to be joined back up with your guild. Then while you are having your battle you are open to be attacked by anyone who happens to show up. (Yes, it isn't a MAJOR problem but if you are wanting to have more then two people involved you have to kick more people out the guild)

Would it be a viable option to have a Inter-guild pk map which works exactly opposite to a normal pk map? Where you can only attack people in the same guild or allies? Other guilds would be treated like 'allies' are on current pk maps and you would not be able to attack them or any guild less people.

If this map was invaded you would have to be careful not to accidentally attack a guild member or ally which would be an interesting twist.

The reason I would like this to be considered is that there are many team activities that guilds can organize in an area like this for leveling, helping guildies practice the nuances of fighting and pvp in a safe guild environment.

Thanks
SAWolf

#2 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:24 PM

It is a nice spin, your guildies can help you level in pk or ranging without having to leave group.
Good idea Wolf

#3 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:59 PM

Nice idea, but something that would need to be implemented server-side.

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2583 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:40 PM

Sounds too peaceful. In EL people complained how PK guild with PK bots to keep unfriendly out could let firnds in to leave the guild and then train in privacy.

I think if we are going to add a feature to allow PK with a guild or allies, it should also be open to normal PK as well.

#5 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:49 PM

I have wanted something like this since the days in EL with LoRC. So, yeah. Definitely am intereted in this. As Learner said allow all PK, but include guild PK "training" as well as an option for CERTAIN PK maps, and not all?

#6 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:12 AM

*puts on the old role-playing broken record*

Technically if fighting guilds exist, they would have Guild-only training halls. That would probably have to be built and sanctioned by the city or whatnot. I think having these kinds of things would be an excellent p2p feature (or pay gc like Guild vendors??) for guilds, since having one for free would probably be OP as all get out.

Having purchasable perks for your Guild would give guilds something to work towards. It would drive the economy and help gc exit the game. Of course the perfect balance is always a concern, but I'd like to see everything that's possible from a role-playing standpoint to be possible in the game.

It should also be possible to raid Guild halls, but that might require a more robust PvP system (see Horde Vs Alliance in World of Warcraft).

#7 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:33 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Firstly I am not saying change ALL pk maps to this Inter-guild pk system just opening a single one.

Secondly in real life soldiers are given a chance to train maneuvers to learn how to use their equipment in a reasonably safe environment. It isn't peaceful and perhaps their Sergent will knock them about a bit. (Imagines AlddrA drilling the 42bies :o )

The very huge important part of keeping it guild and allies attack only and not opening it to others are the many cool things it would allow you to do. The more I think about it the more applications I come up with.

What is the biggest problem with having a PK contest? It is how to stop jerks or troublemakers who have been knocked out the contest or aren't in the contest from causing chaos. With this type of map you can have all the people wanting to join the contest join the same guild. You could even run a contest with different CLs at the same time and not have to make sure that all the lower levels aren't being beat up by the high levels. Join all the low levels to guild PK_L1 and all the high levels to PK_H1 and you are set. Keeping others from being able to PK is important here because they could then come and watch and be safe from getting attacked or unfairly aiding a favorite to victory.

And maybe if players become more comfortable with pvp in an environment like that, it might just give some players the courage to do more pvp in the normal pk maps and maybe be more then a walkover for the real pkers.

#8 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:11 AM

It actually sounds like you're talking more about a team system than a Guild-only system. A map where only team 1 can attack team 2 or any combination of teams would be excellent. I don't think we should limit this kind of map to guilds. Perhaps several people from all kinds of guilds want to create a team to fight another cross-guild team.

Teams could be a tag placed on the player by the IM which allows them to attack team x and not allowed to attack team Y. You could have lots of teams with lists of who they can and can't attack. All of this would have to override the guild system for attacking allies for this map only.

#team

"You are on team Kiwi.

Enemies:
Team Eats
Team Grimm

Allies:
Team Ald

Neutral:
Team Saw"

#9 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:31 AM

I feel like we should just be able to train with guildmates, potentially like a duel system where we don't die, as an option of course.

#10 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:36 AM

That too, eats. But I fear that would be  too easily abused.

#11 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2583 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:14 AM

An IM controlled contest in OL the IM does have the ability to control who can be in the map (ref DTF), so we do have solutions for the Jerks in PK Events run my IM's

#12 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:42 AM

But that doesn't allow IG PK.

View PostLearner, on 04 August 2016 - 03:14 AM, said:

An IM controlled contest in OL the IM does have the ability to control who can be in the map (ref DTF), so we do have solutions for the Jerks in PK Events run my IM's

#13 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2583 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:25 AM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 04 August 2016 - 03:42 AM, said:

But that doesn't allow IG PK.

View PostLearner, on 04 August 2016 - 03:14 AM, said:

Correct, and I was only addressing one aspect. An earlier post of mine already gave other input on IG PK.

#14 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:44 AM

View PostSAWolf, on 03 August 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

Would it be a viable option to have a Inter-guild pk map which works exactly opposite to a normal pk map? Where you can only attack people in the same guild or allies? Other guilds would be treated like 'allies' are on current pk maps and you would not be able to attack them or any guild less people.

If this map was invaded you would have to be careful not to accidentally attack a guild member or ally which would be an interesting twist.

The reason I would like this to be considered is that there are many team activities that guilds can organize in an area like this for leveling, helping guildies practice the nuances of fighting and pvp in a safe guild environment.

Thanks
SAWolf

It seems some replies are missing the original intent of SAWolf's post.  

Her suggestion is now turning into more like a contest similar to those held on EL:/

#15 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:40 PM

I think the intent of Wolf's original idea is not so much a open map, but a guild only training arena. Within the walls of the guild training ground normal guild feature like Guild members not being able to harm each other would be temporally suspended. In this safe  environment of mutual trust guild members could help each other level in areas like Ranging, Magic and PK Combat methodologies.

#16 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:13 PM

I was pondering allowing another option to a map or map area.  like when we have magic only pk areas as example,

My thought is to have a a free for all option which in turn could disregard guild tags, allowing pk guild members, summons attack-able by allies etc

think that another option like this could expand on different map/map area settings when combined with other map settings for the area could be used to enhance game play.  Thus could also be used to expand map attributes and abilities in more than just pk, but also PvP, PvE, non combat, along with future events or map areas

#17 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:46 AM

High risk PK really does bring a different aspect to the game.( Even though it is not so high risk these days. I only dropped a BP cape i think and i had full inv and full plate on the last time i fell asleep in KF to wake up in UW.)

Having more players with the confidence to enter high risk PK maps fully dressed to kill other player/s for loot drops would vary the fun that can be had in OL. I think i have said this before.....

Practicing skills and fine tuning healing/damage/item use/summons/diss catching rotations and skills is not possible unless tested against another player. Trying to find someone to play with and practice because they are "not a pker" is not the only problem and as being suggested in the topic and unless this "practice" is done with some safety aspect to it no one will. (You dont see soldiers shooting real bullets at each other during war games, but they do train to kill in relative safety). Practice makes perfect (well at least builds confidence) and "practice" while limiting risk might build this confidence more for these "non pk" players to take these new learned skills to the world pk maps.

Imagine more dicks like deuce in game with growing confidence in their new skillz running around messing up players cyc training fun and giving people reasons to hunt them down in a vicious cycle of pk fun... :) :)

Also OL has team based events for Pve or boss mobs that require team work to take them down. Learning how to work as a team has taken time and the new players are are always getting tips from the more experienced ones along the way. DBs in this environment are safe even in world pk maps as you know the team has your back.People are willing to participate because they know this.

Teams for high risk PvP will take time to learn how to work together and build the confidence in the players skills, how do we do this in a safe learning environment?.

I like the idea of guild halls or similar map to do this in. A place with heaps of running room and allows for summoning and ranging. NO PKI (?) NO drop NO XP given for any skill or kill and get to stay in guild and read/respond Guild chats while practicing. it would be a place to hone techniques and develop team or personal world pk strategies/rotations.... maybe...  ;)

+1 to this old topic.

#18 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:13 AM

I reviewed the entire thread and would like to bump an idea Kiwi brought up about a Guild Hall 'Room' that could have the inter-guild fighting/training abilities described above.

Regards
Z

#19 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 01 February 2019 - 07:41 AM

Guild halls seem to be sitting unused at the moment, a perfect plat sink if it had better uses attached to it. 3 plats per month out of the game per hall in use.

Storage, Fast reading room, perhaps also half food cost + 0 xp gain for a mixing area to complete big guild projects to equip fighters/mana users for invasion weekends or events. Will need to look at the guild hall thread but think some of these things may have already been suggested.

#20 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2583 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:39 AM

Storage is on the list, but had to make sure that features were working reliably to be able to control access to them based on guild rank. That is now to the point where I can start looking at the storage NPC in detail to add them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users