Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:27 PM
A new bow;
- Allows more distance; increases light modifier to see targets out of the normal target range- allowing a "snipe" from afar. But that also means less hitting rate, but more EXP on a hit
- Criticals may be more as the arrow has to be pulled back further to make that distance, but less often as they hit less, and takes more focus to aim, especially to a moving target
- Possibly have a required ranging level to equip? (Or nexus/attribute (perception?))
More arrow types
Currently we have the base arrow. Which is training after the revamp we could add in the already real arrows; PK, Fire, Ice, Magic. Explosive
BUT maybe instead of "magic" arrows, we have different branches of "magic" arrows such as;
- Arrow of Paralysis (Does training arrow damage, percent chance to paralyze the hit target)
- Arrow of Teleportation (allows character to shoot at any given target (or tile!) and teleport to said location
- Arrow of Healing (Does x amount of damage, takes x% of damage and returns to ranger)
- Arrow of Poison (When hitting a target, does training arrow damage, but has a percent chance to poison the hit target)
- Exploding Arrows (AOE (When hitting a specific target (Or object) the arrow explodes on impact doing damage a certain tile radius around))
these are just ideas, how do you think these could be balanced? How would this affect gameplay? Would it make it more interesting for rangers, and even aide in boss battles, or even PK?
Lets hear what you think!
Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:56 PM
Not going to happen next 5 years.
Sadly, yes. These are just idea's to be added, discussed, and thought upon as well.
Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:54 AM
I'd like to see some of those features as features on the bows we already have, rather than creating entirely new ones. Elven bow might have the Ranger perk you discussed for example. Arrow types are a cool idea, but it would seem like they'd have to wait until magic is reworked (for aoe etc).
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ranging, bows, arrows
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users