High Level Mobs in the Dwarven Lands

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:26 AM

Alright OL Community! This is your chance to get your ideas in writing and start making the changes everyone has been talking about!  High Level Mobs on the new maps..

Please use this thread to share your ideas and suggestions for high level  spawns in the Dwarven Lands. When I am referring to possible spawns being placed in these locations I am referring to the spawn like setup that we have currently in TD with the cyclops.

I wanted to suggest 2 maps that I think would be good picks for high level mobs.

1.Drakensbane, As I look around this map and walk through the trees it seems like the perfect place for a nice fluffy or feros spawn. The area around Blackstone Temple is the perfect setting for Feros to be guarding the tower or fluffies to be playing in the woods. In case you need a reference point it is Drakensbane - Blackstone Temple [213,258]

2.Morog,  Morog is a very interesting map and has many possible places for ideal training spots..including combat, ranging and even the potential for magic. I can see Feros and DCW easily fitting into the theme of this map.    The first part of this map that would be ideal for a feros/dcw spawn would be anywhere in the trench.. there are a few bridges that cross the trench that would be ideal for ranging these spawns while your braver teammates fought below. Morog [323,190], Morog [172,181], Morog [148,305]. Then there is a large open area on the Southside of the map that would also allow for a decent spawn. Morog [172,137]

My ideas above are just that, ideas. Something to get the conversation going so we as a community can make a decision.. take them to Learner and get them on the maps.

#2 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:29 AM

I do like the idea of having the feros in Morog....it is a great map those.

#3 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:32 AM

Learner, would you allow Feros on outside of Morog? It is quite far to walk to.

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2914 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:09 AM

Everyone does need to think about all the remifications of changes like adding a strong aggressive monster to a map. With The suggestionfor Morog for something like Feros you need to think about the CL progression between maps and if a new player will walk into trouble unexpectedly. There are other things as well .... like no self respecting shop owner would have an outdoor shop/storage on a map where there are mobs like that wandering around. Probably would even be empty shop stalls unless they were a very recent incursion.

This discussion shouldn't be just about adding more monsters, everything about that map and ones next to it need to also be taken into account.

#5 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:52 AM

What about putting some in the caves then?

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2914 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:28 AM

Some Feros in caves ae already planned, just the preferred caves for them have not yet been made but are on the hot list along with the missing insides. Not all of the ,maps needed to complete the DL area are done yet. For example there are a couple levels missing from thunder Mountain! These are the maps that have been mentioned in the 'coming soon' discussions recently.

#7 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:18 AM

I understand that we are waiting for more maps to be released. I understand what you are saying about the progression of maps and the mobs that are located on them.   I also understand what you are saying about the outside NPC.

I really don't think that it will be a problem with new players unknowingly venturing to maps with high level mobs..it is no different then GP or SKF being connected to WS.  You learn quick and other players warn you.
As far as the concern for the outside NPC... looking at the areas I mentioned you could easily make it so that the mobs stayed in the trench and or kept them from crossing the bridge into the "village"

Many of these maps have the possibility to have a few decent high level spawns for new and old player to train on. These were just suggestions. I would be happy if you put some high level spawns in Valunde and Rhoelind our 2 potential PK maps.  However, there are people that want to train and don't want to be forced to go to PK.  There has to be a solution but waiting another 3-6 months for new maps/high level spawns is not the answer.

#8 sircryalot

sircryalot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:28 AM

theres NPC book shop in gp.He must rly have no respect for himself by having shop on a map with MCW FCW and fluffs all around.so thats not a problem i guess,and for the players-we got green capes to deal with  strong mobs if we dont want to get attacked

omg guys just put some trainable spawns with like ~3fluffs /3 feros /3 dcw on each spot so every can choose what mobs they feel like killing ,some caves would be best for that

#9 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:48 PM

OK below is the current OUTSIDE map with Suggested base Combat Level(CL) to each land.

Average DL CL suggestions.png

Please use this as a guide while going through and suggesting possible spawn points and map locations.  FYI Some levels of Thunder Mountain( TM ) and cave systems are not yet ready for unofficial release, and include Higher CL areas for spawns.

Morog I have ***, because if The map is suggested and altered to not allow map walking paths to all areas, then we could allow individual areas to contain mobs, or just let them freelance... not decided

Areas marked with an Max CL: ~is the highest suggested average CL because.....,
  • While remembering none of this is absolute, It's current suggestions based on outcome of the world map, locations, and keeping in mind newer players entering and exploring the lands.
This is just a baseline to help start plotting spawns for Dwarven Lands(DL) in this topic, and many factors can change this beta overview, such as (possible locations) PK, PvP, Harvestables, NPC's. and community suggestions/input/debate.  These discussions of spawns will also effect how the NPC's harvestables, and storage's locations will proceed.

Have at it, you have the resources of a baseline, now we need your opinions.

Attached Files

#10 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:16 PM

I am in

Anyway have not seen Grimm's png yet...but i was thinking we could put feros and rpf's in lower levels of Thunder mountain. A la Balroc from Lord of the rings. :)

#11 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:25 PM

View Postebattleon, on 20 October 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

I am in

Anyway have not seen Grimm's png yet...but i was thinking we could put feros and rpf's in lower levels of Thunder mountain. A la Balroc from Lord of the rings. :)

I'd prefer not RPF's, those should stay invasion only, such as invisible mobs... Put in a real Fluffy spawn, fuck those RPF's.

#12 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:35 PM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 20 October 2016 - 08:25 PM, said:

View Postebattleon, on 20 October 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

I am in

I'd prefer not RPF's, those should stay invasion only, such as invisible mobs... Put in a real Fluffy spawn, fuck those RPF's.

again we need specifics, on what map, what coordinates, then the  community can provide feedback on the spawn or location.

All this tells me is Real fluffy spawn, ...... hrm gussing he means in UW or IP?

This is what were asking for, what we need to move forward and make something happen.
    The info stated is way to general to be considered as a viable suggestion

#13 sirdan

sirdan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNaples Florida

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:54 PM

Lore:

Fluffy rabbit: From what I remember these are inspired by Monty Python and the holy grail. https://www.youtube....h?v=cCI18qAoKq4
They don't really fit the game from a lore perspective at the moment. Maybe we could write a story/quest where a summoner makes these things to attack weak unsuspecting villagers/hunters?

Desert chim:  wolf/something hybrid, maybe they are made by evil summoners or something?

Feros: a cross between a large cat and a human. Skilled in combat. not much more lore than that atm. Where do these things live? why do they hate everyone?

1. In morog there is a spot where a secret has been proposed. There is no map as far as a i know for it. I think that you should fall down into the secret, then have to walk through to the end to find the exit. There could be feros down there. There could also be a quest/storyline where the feros are planning an attack on whatever place the exit spits you out in. It could be morog or another map nearby.

2. Somehow you get on the boat in aldath which could take you to a desert island map with desert chims,fluffy, feros ect. On the way back the boat crashes and you end up in braigor.

3. Fluffy rabbit den in drakensbane at  [222,280]. The entrance would look like a rabbit hole maybe have a few bones outside like in the monty python video i linked.

4. Feros could go prettymuch anywhere in Valunde, I like near the haystacks.

FWIW I think we should get an rpf spawn eventually but, not a priority right now.

#14 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:41 PM

TY Sirdan a little more what I looking for, can you show me sometime where #1 is

#15 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:51 PM

Perhaps one of these wonderful days we can all get on test and explore throughout the Dwarven lands on each map and begin dicating spawns. That could greatly help and we will disucss throughout it, I am down for a time. But maps and such could be an issue, though I am good with any map such as those being discussed above, any map works, as long as the spawns come into play.. Anyways for spawn reasons read below.
       I am writing a story for Thunder Mountain (As AlddrA had suggested me to do). The story does provide some insight on floor locations of mobs, but those can always be changed if needed. I have Feros on the level located by which the entrance of Drakensbane. This as I had just said can be rewritten, and of course if you guys would like a link, I can provide one, and set to suggestions so you guys can help write it with me. This story part here will help possibly decide spawns within thundermountain with Feros, DCW, and Fluffy rabbits. Much of what people are searching
       Not saying this is going to drive the game, and I am offering to change it if need be, but it could potentially get us some more spawns, which is always nice. It'll get us somewhere. I like how this topic is going, and I am quite glad it is finally happening, as so many players have prolongued the much needed high level creatures, which is probably why many players have left, the lack of things to train. This should bring a vast amount of players back, at least for sometime. Especially once these lovely maps are finally done. Along with the rest of Alroth. It is a quite exciting, and interesting thought. Just imagine all the spawns we can get, just through this.
      So, lets get together and decide upon some decent spawns, and maybe even test them. Have SAWolf spawn us some nice Feros, Fluffies, and DCW's at each spawn, and test their great limits, and improve upon them based on those tests. It will take time, but it will be even more worth it for the end product. Lets do this!

~Eats

#16 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:45 AM

If there is a shop on a dangerous map, I would suggest either an MM Cloak, or an explanation such as "if you're scared of the monsters, you don't deserve to shop here". If you notice, I did put MM cloaks on Drakensbane NPCs since I presumed we'd have at least orcs walking around there.

When it comes to anything we design, it should definitely have a reasonable explanation. I know eats doesn't like this (no rant necessary buddy), but I don't like a lot of EL's features that just plain don't make sense. I know a few people who feel this way, and a few people who could care less. By design it sounds like Learner wants things to make sense... So we have to work around that.

Morog has a small protected village. As long as the monsters don't end up in there, I wouldn't see a problem with some medium level mobs. Learner already seems to think "no" on the idea of Feros in the outside. I suggest Cyclops and maybe DCW in Morog, if they stay away from the village. Would a lone Clops and DCW be fine on Morog outside, Learner?

Edit: after I hit enter on this it loaded about 10 replies that I hadn't seen, so I may need to rewrite this accordingly lol

#17 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:07 AM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 20 October 2016 - 09:51 PM, said:

Perhaps one of these wonderful days we can all get on test and explore throughout the Dwarven lands on each map and begin dicating spawns. That could greatly help and we will disucss throughout it, I am down for a time. But maps and such could be an issue, though I am good with any map such as those being discussed above, any map works, as long as the spawns come into play.. Anyways for spawn reasons read below.
       I am writing a story for Thunder Mountain (As AlddrA had suggested me to do). The story does provide some insight on floor locations of mobs, but those can always be changed if needed. I have Feros on the level located by which the entrance of Drakensbane. This as I had just said can be rewritten, and of course if you guys would like a link, I can provide one, and set to suggestions so you guys can help write it with me. This story part here will help possibly decide spawns within thundermountain with Feros, DCW, and Fluffy rabbits. Much of what people are searching
       Not saying this is going to drive the game, and I am offering to change it if need be, but it could potentially get us some more spawns, which is always nice. It'll get us somewhere. I like how this topic is going, and I am quite glad it is finally happening, as so many players have prolongued the much needed high level creatures, which is probably why many players have left, the lack of things to train. This should bring a vast amount of players back, at least for sometime. Especially once these lovely maps are finally done. Along with the rest of Alroth. It is a quite exciting, and interesting thought. Just imagine all the spawns we can get, just through this.
      So, lets get together and decide upon some decent spawns, and maybe even test them. Have SAWolf spawn us some nice Feros, Fluffies, and DCW's at each spawn, and test their great limits, and improve upon them based on those tests. It will take time, but it will be even more worth it for the end product. Lets do this!

~Eats

Good work Eats.

As far as the levels go, Drakensbane entrance is physically the highest. Inside Thunder Mountain you can see high amounts of homes and dwellings for Dwarves in Level G and L1, and moderate amounts in L2 and B1. This is because Zian's design does include more maps above and below that. L3 I imagine has almost no Dwarven Homes and lots of monsters. B2 would be the same.

As far as a home for Feros, I had always imagined them to be further down closer to magma (no idea why - were they near volcano in EL?), which is why the original design was "lower than B1." If need be, I could see us putting some Feros spawn on B1 (or L2 as you suggested) and changing it later, effectively "pushing them back" deeper into Thunder Mountain. Just change "feros" to "dwarf" and it looks like the Dwarves took them over.

BTW, I think this could also be done as a world scale event - we could change spawn types around on a weekly or monthly basis based on "invasion" of a certain mob or even migration or extinction of mobs in certain areas. The fluffy spawn could change month to month, or week to week, for example, as they migrate around Alroth.

#18 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:00 AM

View PostKiwi06, on 21 October 2016 - 02:07 AM, said:

View PostEatsAllLife, on 20 October 2016 - 09:51 PM, said:

~Eats

Good work Eats.

As far as the levels go, Drakensbane entrance is physically the highest. Inside Thunder Mountain you can see high amounts of homes and dwellings for Dwarves in Level G and L1, and moderate amounts in L2 and B1. This is because Zian's design does include more maps above and below that. L3 I imagine has almost no Dwarven Homes and lots of monsters. B2 would be the same.

As far as a home for Feros, I had always imagined them to be further down closer to magma (no idea why - were they near volcano in EL?), which is why the original design was "lower than B1." If need be, I could see us putting some Feros spawn on B1 (or L2 as you suggested) and changing it later, effectively "pushing them back" deeper into Thunder Mountain. Just change "feros" to "dwarf" and it looks like the Dwarves took them over.

BTW, I think this could also be done as a world scale event - we could change spawn types around on a weekly or monthly basis based on "invasion" of a certain mob or even migration or extinction of mobs in certain areas. The fluffy spawn could change month to month, or week to week, for example, as they migrate around Alroth.

Correct, it would be good. Also; thanks for the insight on the levels, that should help a bit more in writing this story plot for TM.
As for the migrating spawns, that could be cool and would be an interesting change, but I think it *may* be slightly annoying having a different spawn per week, though once all spawns are learned, it could be simple enough. I'd somewhat like to see this, as nothing IRL really does "stay" native to a spot, just an area. So possibly flipping their levels (locs in mountain, not A/D) around every now and then on X day or after X kills would be an interesting twist in training.

#19 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:19 AM

+1 Eats much better

#20 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2914 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:40 AM

I have concerns anytime a spawn is locked into an area no matter what method is used. When you do that they must be defined & handled very carefully, specially with OL kill bonuses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users