• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:32 AM

View PostCoduX, on 08 November 2016 - 05:20 PM, said:

Blakkat, I can see where you are coming from but..

Do you really think the current fighters and possible new players that will fight are going to be like "there's no DCW because of the lore/story? Oh..yeah ok then"
Or do you think that they will be like "there's no DCW because of the lore/story? wtf...not going to wait another year or so for the next section of maps to be brought out just for DCW spawns"
Then quits.

My suggestion is to bring in these high lvl mobs that every high-end fighter wants; fluffs, DCW, feros, even maybe GM's in deep sections of the mountain. Then as we release new sections of the continent, move these spawns to where they would be more appropriate only then.

These will keep both players and lore writers happy in the long run

I know all to well .... but I firmly believe that sometimes less is more. For instance: as it stands we look forward to invasions. Why? I think it is because there is something special. For instance, I get to fight mobs I do not encounter in the daily grind. So, I think it is important to keep that element of something being special. Unfortunately, the human nature usually wants everything and then gets bored if it gets it. At least that is my experience with myself: I tend to value mainly the things hard to get by.

I agree it is about the long-term perspective, so I was also thinking about the option of having them all and then moving spawns. I would be really happy with that solution. My main concern though is that once we have the spawns, we likely will stick with them simply because nobody will want to loose their beloved training ground, even if a better one is opened somewhere else. So it is a one-way street imho unless the community shows a lot of backbone in this matter.

BTW: what is wrong with buffing mobs. Would that not be ok for fighters? At least for me it does not really matter whether I am up against brown or green pixels.

#42 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:25 AM

buffing the mobs woulds be ok..if the drops compensated with the buff ratio.

#43 sircryalot

sircryalot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:13 AM

then how abouty u ask for buffed mobs in invasions instead..we waiting almost 4 years for new trainable spawns of dcw/fluff or fero... also not everyone got time to play during weekends

#44 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:19 AM

need more variety in mobs.. buffing mobs we already have is half arsed and boring as fuck.

#45 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:02 PM

View Postsircryalot, on 09 November 2016 - 10:13 AM, said:

then how abouty u ask for buffed mobs in invasions instead..we waiting almost 4 years for new trainable spawns of dcw/fluff or fero... also not everyone got time to play during weekends
You did not read my post, or?

#46 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:40 PM

Most often times the buffs do not grant an equal EXP, and an adequate drop for the buff. The buffing system so far has been 'tested' and shown through the TD cyc boss. The increase in EXP isn't that great, and generally drops the same amount as a regular cyc (GC-wise). Sure, there are some added drops as well, but at the same time, a training mob wouldn't have that addition.
For this reason is why many people prefer having a higher mob spawn rather than a buff. The additional mobs will provide some counters difference, and additional drops, possibly more drops than currently. Adding higher mobs may account for getting higher armor(s) which will boost crafters and mixers for making better things. Having all these different things result from a higher fighters spawn. Higher-mobs = better armors required (maybe not even required, but would be nice.)
The reason in which SirCryAlot pointed out earlier with the not alwasy being able to play on weekends does apply to many people. So having these as just invasion mobs doesn't quite matter... People want something to do 4/7 days a week, many fighters are at a loss after a while, cycs get boring, and fluffies don't have a decent spawn to generate EXP. Sure, people farm them, but that is mainly for the drops. Higher spawns are needed, and many people are suggesting for spawns, or planning to.
Also: As you said earlier with the PK and mobs being in an area, there is a reason to have mobs in PK- it generates competition for a spawn, allowing for many people to compete, or maybe even work together to keep a spawn. Such as the TD cyc spawn, it is in PK, people get attacked there while fighting to compete for the spawn, or work together to defend the spawn. PK is a risk factor, vs the benefit factor.. A few people are worried about this generating too much EXP, too easy, etc. etc. Well the PK can counteract that...
Overall: High level mobs are required, not just a buff.. PK is a risk vs. benefit factor, and people are needing/wanting a better mob, possibly new armors can be intoduced with these mobs.

~Eats

#47 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:08 AM

I think buffing is not restricted to a/d, it may easily extend to stats, drops and even special effects such as mirror skin, but I may be wrong on that. So I expect that it is possible to create for instance armed orcs who just act like feros or DCW. In fact, buffing may allow for a much bigger variety.

Personally, I am not at all worried about getting exp too easily, the scaling of required exp to advance to the higher levels will counter that quickly.

#48 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2914 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:32 AM

View PostBlakKat, on 10 November 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

I think buffing is not restricted to a/d, it may easily extend to stats, drops and even special effects such as mirror skin, but I may be wrong on that. So I expect that it is possible to create for instance armed orcs who just act like feros or DCW. In fact, buffing may allow for a much bigger variety.

Personally, I am not at all worried about getting exp too easily, the scaling of required exp to advance to the higher levels will counter that quickly.
There are code changes planned what will allow Drops to be tunable for normal mobs based on their CL which is required for buffing to affect Drops.

The buffing with specials is currently limited to certain ones (like mirror skin) and does not include others (like ManaDrain) and is currently limited to Bosses. Changes to the other specials of to the mobs still requires a new mob type internally to the server which is relatively easy to do. It's the balancing and decisions needed to be made that can slow things down. Plus once we start doing that a lot of time will also end up going into ALL of the existing monsters.

The mob definitions were also changed long ago to allow for variety to mob types by using #ROLL syntax for their Stats, X-Attrs, & many other values. Only some of the newer monsters are using this since while doing that we'll have to look at the balance and need the CL Drops change first. It's been more important to get other changes in before starting to expand this. The changes made to OL do allow us to easily make variations of the same mobs (with or without different names) as well.

Most of the uses for the new mob features has been mostly to test out to make sure things work and allowed to go live. Until we're ready to look at all mobs in a lot of detail and prepared to make changes across the board it is a good idea to limit the amount of changes/additions for now to prevent slowing other important changes.

#49 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:10 AM

food for thought: if NEW working models are created, we could test and implement into game

#50 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:00 AM

Bump, Bump!

#51 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 24 August 2021 - 09:24 PM

Can someone give an update on what NEW mob spawns (if any) have been added to the new Alroth (inside/outdoor) maps now completed and implemented for this game?

I dont have time these days to log in but would it be great to be kept abreast of these new additions to the game just for future reference and when i do get more time to play again.

It maybe it would even encourage me to make time log in to check them out, perhaps....

Ta

omg

#52 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 August 2021 - 07:19 AM

There is a DC spawn (with boss Gonhell) on Areadan Plains. SAW is also working on a spawn on one of the Orchan? maps I think.

Zian has made a intercontinental portal for Alroth that you can check on testPosted Image.

Zian has really done a lot on Alroth.

AlddrA

#53 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 August 2021 - 09:51 AM

ohmygod, on 24 August 2021 - 09:24 PM, said:

Can someone give an update on what NEW mob spawns (if any) have been added to the new Alroth (inside/outdoor) maps now completed and implemented for this game?

I dont have time these days to log in but would it be great to be kept abreast of these new additions to the game just for future reference and when i do get more time to play again.

It maybe it would even encourage me to make time log in to check them out, perhaps....

Ta

omg

Regarding Alroth...all outside maps are completed and as Alddra mentioned, available on Test. DL also has all their underground maps completed and on Main with a couple of updates required to support the new HL undergrounds. Half of the HL undergrounds are already on Test with the balance completed in the next couple of weeks.

It should be noted that Alroth maps are released onto Main when their Native Spawns have been completed/tested.

Regards
Z

#54 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2021 - 06:08 AM

Thank you for that update Zian!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users