serping not allowing training interrupting boss fights this isnt right

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:39 PM

As of the last few weeks RAT (on occasion Lucifer by his side) have been causing an issue throughout Other-Life. The issue is becoming rather annoying, and I myself am seeing no end to this. While I recognize that his actions are NOT against any in-game rules, I find it quite sad that a player spends all his time & resources making sure that other players cannot even attempt to finish a boss fight, I would like to hear your thoughts below. Currently the issue is:
  • Interrupting boss battles in PK when nearing the kill (typically hard bosses, such as giganta, possessed, etc)
As of the passed 2 weeks (weekends included, but it was Halloween week this previous week) RAT has been going into PK maps during a known boss battle, and attacking members of the team. Trying to mess with the boss battles. The first time was with a team in TD during Giganta, multiple times throughout the fight, until everyone quit. Leaving giga to regen health. Wasting our money, and time.
While completely "legal", this is rather irritating and happened again this last.. (Sunday, not sure on the day), when fighting "Possessed" (possessed version of a giant midget) this time. Quite literally has been claimed as the hardest boss in OL so far. So doing this isn't helping game progression, and makes it quite hard (and ruining the fun for others) to do a hard boss in any PK map.

I realize that this this thread will be mostly disregarded by most of active players as a small conflict. However I have decided to bring the issue to the communities attention, hoping to shedsome light on the somewhat outlawish activites RAT has been participating in over the past ~month. Please reply with your thoughts on this. Thanks!

EDIT: Removed the personal problem, and am sticking to the public problem.

~Eats

#2 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:52 PM

Well he is not breaking any explicit rules so what can we do eats?

#3 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:02 PM

View Postebattleon, on 01 November 2016 - 07:52 PM, said:

Well he is not breaking any explicit rules so what can we do eats?

At the start of the game, when you connect to the server in the green spam it states this sentence
"IMPORTANT NOTICE: Remember, think about whats good for the most people in the game, not if something is legal or not. That is the best way to help improve OL !"
Also another quote from the in game rules (posted here on forums not in game unless you have my rules set): "Rules can develop as needed: More rules can always be a possibility as the community decides, votes, or any other assortment of things necessary for a rule change to take place"
This is a community driven game, so discussing this here, will maybe have the community drive a new rule to place over something happening, affecting multiple players.

#4 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:15 PM

Well Eats if you can get enough votes to make a change in Pk rules, or hell even having rules for PK I'll  vote for it. I am not however holding my breath on that one.

#5 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:23 PM

View Postebattleon, on 01 November 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

Well Eats if you can get enough votes to make a change in Pk rules, or hell even having rules for PK I'll  vote for it. I am not however holding my breath on that one.

This isn't for PK, this is for disturbing boss battles, and not allowing a character to train..

#6 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:15 PM

IMHO the question is whether he does harm to the community, i.e. whether breaks exactly the rule eats quoted:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Remember, think about whats good for the most people in the game, not if something is legal or not. That is the best way to help improve OL !

Since this behavior seems to aggravate quite a number of ppl seriously, I think the question is whether there is anything here which offsets this so that it can be justified, so is there anything which can be interpreted as helping the community. Curious to hear thoughts on what is good in this behavior.

#7 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:10 PM

Just wanna say first that I thought eats’ original post was not nearly as whiney as some of the shit ive seen in game the past few weeks.  Too bad this stumbled on to the forums, I can be blamed equally as much as eats (we talked a bit earlier but message was distorted). He wasn’t requesting that the rules be modified so much as asking for the communities input on an issue that may be considered borderline abuse (referring to in-game stalking and provoking). At least that was my understanding of it.  Camping a boss during an invasion and attacking the team when its at low health so that it must regen is shitty but as far as Im concerned completely legal and not worth bickering about.    You’ll know what it feels like when it happens to you :)

RAT has been provoking a lot of members in MVP by spending his in-game time ‘trolling’ – the specifics of it don’t really matter – and rather than totally alienating RAT I think this is a good space to just say “wtf has happened to the OL community”.  This past Halloween week has been filled with public @@6 and @@1 complaints (I admit to adding to the fire on the Monday) that extend way beyond RAT’s childish acts.  This space should have been used to thank the IM’s and L for still putting together a damn good Halloween week and also to the dev team for getting these maps et. al pushed on to main server in time for the events.   Might have not been up to everyone’s expectations but they still devoted quite bit of time and effort.  This is not “sucking up”, this is reflecting on progress and attempting to maintain good spirit so that further progress doesn’t slow.

#8 Mitch3

Mitch3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:56 AM

"IMPORTANT NOTICE: Remember, think about whats good for the most people in the game, not if something is legal or not. That is the best way to help improve OL !"

Hello all. Lets rewind time a little bit and reflect on what eatsalllife has done to damper this community and not always shed positive light to the games best intentions. Starting with my own personal experience, theres been times I've been fighting mobs in a map appropriate to my a/d, when eats decides to start with the lower lvl maps and serp bosses so he can make some easy gc. Now, i know we have all had problems with this but at the time he was a guildie and to say the least this isn't an action that we want in our community.

-Pks Aine for her serp ect.. (the circumstance was devious)

- Keeps camo cape to self until relentlessly asking to split cape (which he was given cape anyway)

All these actions i have no problem with. The community is not perfect and some mischief does keep the game a little interesting. What i do have a problem with is Eats coming here to complain how he's being "harassed". Give me a break. There is no "safe places" here. This is a game that everyone can play without breaking the rules which no one has in this circumstance. pls m8, grow up a bit.

#9 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:15 AM

If you ask me, stalking and harassing is a bit much and shouldn't be allowed by the community. Anything in Pk is fine, but following players around and griefing is too troll to allow. Whether they deserve it or not, I think it would be best to keep the game fun for folks, not a shitty experience. I'm mostly arguing for the new players who want to have a good time and could be driven away by this kind of behavior.

#10 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:19 AM

Harassment is harassment no matter who is targeted.  Arguing in channels does not encourage new players to stay in the game.  These are important issues and do hurt the game.

I suggest we have a separate channel for arguing.   A separate one from #jc1 or #jc 6.  Or at least take it to pm.

#11 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:54 AM

Nothing is going to be done. Think everybody should just ignore it and move on in life.

This is literally the biggest rule here in OL that over-rides all others.

People get away with so much shit here isn't not even funny. Just look at Marceik or however you spell that cunts name. If you don't know who he is, he was the original Fire character. The grief and stress over him over the years and still nothing much was done about it. Even a poll to ban was put into place and wasn't done.

What I'm trying to get at is, is that no matter how much you whine or complain about something, nothing is going to get done except players personal respect towards others changes.
It would be nice if everybody could play together as one big happy family. But you're talking about OL here. Some days it seems to me that EL/OL was born specially for drama. You can't change it.

Hate to be the bringer of bad news and to tell the truth how it is but..like I said..should just move on.

#12 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:27 AM

I feel I vented enough for now, so I am going to say just this ....

Lame Eats, really flippen Lame!

#13 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

I don't know what to say.

I don't want to bring your dirty panties in past, Eats. But everytime you say something about others, I feel like to say it.

More onto this subject;

You take your risk to be attacked by fighting in invasion in a PK map. In terms of reality, we don't attack eachother in PK maps if there is an invasion ongoing, but that is only because WE RESPECT eachother. Even tho we might not like eachother, we don't attack. But it doesn't mean that everyone should have that manners, or act like it or respect it w/e you call.

I have fought "with" RAT alot of times in PK maps before in invasions. He has never attacked or harrassed me. I don't know the details of KF Possessed GM tho, so I won't comment on that. But history between me and RAT has been clean for over a year. So this could be something between you and RAT.

For stalking and following you around; yes I think it is a punishable offense imo.

-Kaddy

#14 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:33 AM

Well, I have been removed from MVP from this post. Based on that not being the point, lets get back to the point (After this post I am done, I have been punished enough for this post. I am no longer going to suffer because of a FORUM POST).

Basically the main point of this post is that RAT is continually attacking, and messing with people during a boss battle for no given reason. 2 times with LUCIFER while fighting Giganta in TD. Attacking more than just MVP, and attacking the rangers helping this out. Yes, the PK action was fun, but I don't believe it was the right time, especially on the harder bosses. The same thing happened in KF with GM, in which yes.. RAT later on then joined the boss battle after allowing it to regen health.

I do not think these actions are okay, they yes, are legal, but no shouldn't be done. Just because bagjumping is legal doesn't mean it should be done.. Anyways done sounding like a "Little bitch" according to some.. Good luck on boss battles in PK y'all.

#15 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:58 AM

I'm just trying to find Aine's forum post she made after you screwed her over all those times

Oh wait, she didnt make one. :D(So MVP)

#16 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:39 AM

So because eats has do said stalking before , and the shoe now is on the other foot, it is okay to grief people?

"IMPORTANT NOTICE: Remember, think about what's good for the most people in the game, not if something is legal or not. That is the best way to help improve OL !" <----That is not a rule it is as best a guide line so Rat can grief anybody and well, up yours. This is as so much in this game a load of BS, a feeble attempt to say that we actually have some kind decorum in place in OL.  That "rule" like OL's tag line "community driven" is a farce it come down to take whatever you get because because you don't really have no say in the matter.

And the truth is We all like the status Quo because eats grieving Aine was  public, persistent and brutal and he was not kicked out of MVP for it and nobody rose to her defense. So in my local parlance "we like it so" so OL roll on baby roll on.

Rat I bow to you...you are truly the greatest of the OL community.

#17 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:03 AM

All I have to say is karma.

#18 Kurama

Kurama

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:14 PM

HEHEHEHHEHEHEH :)

I know I'm playing like... if I was water and O-L is a desert, but this is one shit I hate about this game :D
Complain complain, post it on  forum and if it annoys at least half of the players (5) it's bad and something has to change...

You can take it as fucking roleplaying... its not against the rules.... make it as YARR on EL. Basicly you can take them (rat in this example) as an Enemmy or the dark side or DARKNESS ITSELF UHHUHUHUHU I'll keep attacking them so the boss will regen! So much evil within him/her. Anyway my point? I don't have one I ust randomly found this thread and got a nice laughter...

ROFLYSST(Rolling on the floor, laughing, yet somehow still typing)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: serping, not allowing training, interrupting boss fights, this isnt right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users