• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:52 AM

Wanted to start a topic for the community to discuss currently implemented and future map alterations in the DL

Remember: If you cannot post please forum pm me and we will be more than happy to get you added to do so.  It is to help keep flaming down in serious discussions.

#2 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 01:33 PM

Would you like spawn idea's to be posted here? Or what changes specifically?
~Eats

#3 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:21 PM

Changes for current DL maps on main.  such as layout/attributes/problems/suggestions.

Z will be posting here also anything sent to him that feels need community input.

As for spawn ideas, keep that in the current topic it in.  But to debate a spawn implemented on main server, should come here for serious discussion.

Same with PK thread for DL, we will keep that discussion where it is.  After implementation and on main I will edit out non essential information and move if needed later.

TY for asking clarification.

#4 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

On the note that we are looking at VL being a full PK map for update.   (still looking into more possibilities)

Also looking to add 2 guild merchants to LD  [312,182] LD  &&  [312,184] LD

#5 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:52 AM

Hi OL o/

DL map focus now is to address any outstanding bug fixing, adding/removing detail, completing missing inside maps and remaining Thunder Mountain ™ levels.

Current Status;
All reported bugs have now been fixed.
Completed initial design layouts for TM L3 and Summit(top). Hope to get these onto Test Server by next week.

I'm open to suggestions for minor changes/additions to the current DL maps - please post within this thread.

Regards
Z

#6 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

Hi Zian,

I updated my sheet with comments on which of the items may be worth your time looking into.

Looking forward to TM L3 and Summit!

#7 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:19 PM

View PostBlakKat, on 10 November 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

Hi Zian,

I updated my sheet with comments on which of the items may be worth your time looking into.

Looking forward to TM L3 and Summit!

Hi BK - I've gone through your latest comments and made amp changes where applicable.

Regards
Z

#8 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:26 PM

You are in Drakensbane  [144,60]: is there a chance here (and at many other fortress gates) to narrow the passage so that maybe 2 players can block it? This may generate interesting invasion scenarios where a team can try to hold a fort against the mob similar to DTF.

To implement it one could place a half-open wooden double door there.

#9 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2647 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:42 PM

View PostBlakKat, on 10 November 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

You are in Drakensbane  [144,60]: is there a chance here (and at many other fortress gates) to narrow the passage so that maybe 2 players can block it? This may generate interesting invasion scenarios where a team can try to hold a fort against the mob similar to DTF.

And later when the Quest/Script system is in place sometimes the door will be open, other times half closed.

#10 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:11 PM

View PostLearner, on 10 November 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

And later when the Quest/Script system is in place sometimes the door will be open, other times half closed.

:o

#11 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:39 PM

Just want to mention that in the map making guide it does mention that we SHOULDN'T do this due to players being able to block off passages for other players whether by troll, accident, or fighting. Is that no longer applicable?

#12 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:30 PM

View PostKiwi06, on 11 November 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

Just want to mention that in the map making guide it does mention that we SHOULDN'T do this due to players being able to block off passages for other players whether by troll, accident, or fighting. Is that no longer applicable?
I was thinking about a gap of two tiles, so a single player cannot block it. There are also two gates and a map exit. So blocking the resources in this particular case is virtually impossible.

#13 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:49 AM

View PostBlakKat, on 11 November 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

View PostKiwi06, on 11 November 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

I was thinking about a gap of two tiles, so a single player cannot block it. There are also two gates and a map exit. So blocking the resources in this particular case is virtually impossible.

It is very possible for two trolls to work together. And still possible for a fight to accidentally block it.

#14 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:45 AM

I doubt that trolls can work together, but either way: in this particular case you would need four trolls (two gates) and even that is not enough since you can enter directly from Rhoelind and no number of trolls can prevent that. Well, I do not know what happens if all tiles in the whole map are occupied.

#15 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:35 AM

/troller9000 Hey, want to block the Drakensbane Castle so people can't walk through there?

[pm from troller9000]: lol sure i'm gonna afk soon anyway

#16 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:18 PM

You still need to repeat it 2 times and then you still have the map entrance/exit to access the NPCs there. But I guess you could use 4 chars to block that exit, but with four trolls you can do a lot more I would assume.

To turn the discussion maybe into a more productive direction: I suggest to have a click on the banners in DL to initiate the map change, however, keeping the arches/gates active also.. The reason is that in Seridia we change maps by clicking on the flags. Kind of strange to have it different on both continents.

#17 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2647 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:32 PM

View PostBlakKat, on 12 November 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

You still need to repeat it 2 times and then you still have the map entrance/exit to access the NPCs there. But I guess you could use 4 chars to block that exit, but with four trolls you can do a lot more I would assume.

To turn the discussion maybe into a more productive direction: I suggest to have a click on the banners in DL to initiate the map change, however, keeping the arches/gates active also.. The reason is that in Seridia we change maps by clicking on the flags. Kind of strange to have it different on both continents.
Yes, it can be setup so that more then one thing can be used to move to another map using multiple overlapping use_areas. Can have the same or different arrival points as well.

#18 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:38 AM

View PostBlakKat, on 12 November 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

The new DL banners were late in coming to DL map design so I wanted to keep the method of map travel to be as consistent as possible with the use of caves+arches. Now that we have banners we can add them too.

Regards
Z

#19 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:29 PM

View PostZian, on 10 November 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

Hi OL o/

DL map focus now is to address any outstanding bug fixing, adding/removing detail, completing missing inside maps and remaining Thunder Mountain â„¢ levels.

Current Status;
All reported bugs have now been fixed.
Completed initial design layouts for TM L3 and Summit(top). Hope to get these onto Test Server by next week.

I'm open to suggestions for minor changes/additions to the current DL maps - please post within this thread.

Regards
Z

Hi guys...

Current Status update - As of this posting we now have 8 upated DL maps based on reported bugs/requests to date. We also have two NEW maps;Thunder Mountain L3 and L4 (Summit)!!

If you know how to log into the OL Test_Server and would like to have a sneek peek at them, please PM me your email address and I'll send you the maps and install instructions .

Regards
Z

#20 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:00 PM

You already have mine, of course I always like to see the new maps:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users