DL map changes

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:55 AM

I am not sure whether this is possible, but still maybe it can be solved: when exiting LD-sto one often needs to rotate the camera first as the door is not visible when looking from the exit. I imagine similar issues exist throughout other indoor locations.

#22 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:53 PM

Morog bridges have some clicking issues when moving on them, such as taking below the bridge, wonky movements, too small of space, etc. Maybe needs a heightmap adjustment.

#23 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:05 PM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 27 November 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

Morog bridges have some clicking issues when moving on them, such as taking below the bridge, wonky movements, too small of space, etc. Maybe needs a heightmap adjustment.

The 'wonky movements' when crossing a bridge that also has a walk path under the bridge requires walk-tiles to be set to the bridge AND ground Heights. This same 'wonky' effect can be seen in TG - try crossing the castle wall entrance next to TG storage.

The reason is that the OL game engine does does not support multilevel settings in 1 tile. Hope I've explained it for you.

Regards
Z

#24 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:04 PM

View PostBlakKat, on 27 November 2016 - 02:55 AM, said:

I am not sure whether this is possible, but still maybe it can be solved: when exiting LD-sto one often needs to rotate the camera first as the door is not visible when looking from the exit. I imagine similar issues exist throughout other indoor locations.

The simple fix for this is to put a door object on the inside of the map. This is a typical practice in EL maps, since the insides have invisible walls, the door you see is actually it's own object, if that makes sense. That's a lot of extra coding in the map.def though, and I imagine that's why Zian hasn't done it.

#25 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:35 PM

Today I played a bit around with it on test. It seems that if you use the pointy finger on the invisible wall you actually exit. But at the same time it raises another: if you want to use the finger on something inside you likely will just exit instead of using the finger.

#26 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:11 AM

Yes. This is due to Zian setting the inside object (the walls, floor, etc are all one big object) as the "door" that you click to get out, instead of an actual door object.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users