android mobile client

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:43 AM

Eternal Lands has had an EL client for a while, but as of lately Radu has decided to put an actual client out for Android. It works just like the computer client and I believe this would be a handy asset for OL as well. Is there any way to speak with Radu on this and get one for OL, or you change the server location and the interface then we have a client for android as well?
Would anyone else use this?

~Eats

#2 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:55 AM

You would actually want to apply additional OL changes to it. Radu & I are already speaking and I've helped him troubleshoot some of his issues, but he's doing most of the work.

#3 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:36 AM

View PostLearner, on 14 November 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

You would actually want to apply additional OL changes to it. Radu & I are already speaking and I've helped him troubleshoot some of his issues, but he's doing most of the work.
So does that mean there could potentially be an OL android client? That'd be pretty cool.

#4 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:46 AM

make it iOS too while you're at it

#5 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:18 AM

View PostCoduX, on 14 November 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

make it iOS too while you're at it

Well, I am just saying the Android client as that's what Radu's making, and has had made... Find someone with an iOS and coding skills and maybe, Radu says he makes it for Android because he has an android phone... Not to mention it is easier to get apps on the appstore and to download from unknown sources on Android.

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:35 AM

Plus, he is using the Android NDK, several Android specific packages, combined with a modified version of the EL client C/C++ code to implement it.

#7 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:42 PM

This appeared on Facebook:

https://youtu.be/o32t9QnxHpw

#8 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:04 PM

Oh, have a lot more then that :) He even gave me the direct youtube link before he posted on FB. Just so many other things to do at things time I'll let him get the kinks our of it first. I also know exactly which 3rd party packages he's using, and there is a GIT repository which he is trying to keep up to date with how many changes are going in daily. If I ever have time I'll try to see if I can make an OL version, including the OL extensions. Until Radu slows down on all all his changes, I recommend anyone excited about this wait until Radu slow down, and then be prepared to add in all the OL specific extensions.

Later, after thing have stabilized I can look into an officual OL Android client I build.

#9 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:03 PM

So now that the client has been out for almost a year with a finalized copy, how about the OL one? :D

~Eats

#10 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:24 PM

Some one will have to commit to putting the OL specific protocol, features, files, & maps as well as put back in the ability to auto-update. Then check to see what else Radu removed to get it working that we need. Features include X-Attrs, different exp chart, OL protocol extensions, network data compression, more then 3 channels, and there may be others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users