snowmap christmas

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:01 PM

So over the weekend, into this week, I have decided to finish up Makiltur's old map; Anaith Fallora, and have a Christmas add on, to have tested, and completed by Christmas hopefully to have on main for some of Grimm's (Grimch) Christmas events.

Here is the file to download for test, and I am sending it to Learner right now! I hope to see this tested on main soon enough (Before Christmas!)
Let me know below of any errors you find while testing this map to get them fixed RIGHT AWAY!
~Eats

#2 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:45 PM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 29 November 2016 - 09:01 PM, said:

So over the weekend, into this week, I have decided to finish up Makiltur's old map; Anaith Fallora, and have a Christmas add on, to have tested, and completed by Christmas hopefully to have on main for some of Grimm's (Grimch) Christmas events.

Here is the file to download for test, and I am sending it to Learner right now! I hope to see this tested on main soon enough (Before Christmas!)
Let me know below of any errors you find while testing this map to get them fixed RIGHT AWAY!
~Eats

Eats, as you know we did have to make some fixes in order to pass the map test/audit tool. Now that these initial corrections have been made I've let Learner know that its ready for the test_server later this week, time permitting.

As I've stated to you before, there is no commitment from the Dev Team to get this map onto the main_server any time soon as our focus is on final changes/updates to D/L. The best we can do is get on test_server so ppl/you can walk and gather feedback/inputs going forward.

My initial comment is that its a very large snow map...I'm not sure why it is soo large - maybe need to dig into history to understand the initial design intent going forward. I've also noticed that the road ways show significant flicker which will need to be addressed. I'll post here to let you know when its available.

EDIT: L has your map running on test_server. Place your .elm file in your \maps\c0 folder then type #test 1 to teleport to it.

Regards
Z

#3 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:46 PM

I can work to help create a cohesive story for the map if needed. We originally intended for it to be isolated from Alroth and further North where it is cold. This is a place where some Draegoni retreated after the Skyfall, but it is still quite desolate and has had lots of issues. It's main connection to Alroth would be a ship to map 51.

#4 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

Alright! Anaith Fallora is on test, as #test 1. The map is above with the HERE link.
Found a few errors, fixed the flickering road, along with a single lit christmas tree, removed the self lit. Not sure why it was on. Please continue reporting errors.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: snowmap, christmas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users