• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:17 AM

Personally I would vote for WaterBottle, as I have seen him around alot more frequently than Timmy/Eats as of late, and I also know WB is learning how to code, and that would most definitely be an asset for an IM.

#42 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

I just wanted to pop in and say I'm still interested.

Can confirm WL's knowledge; am learning code. Job has been Associate Software Developer since last July, although my natural affinity has been more on the front end side due to lack of Front End Developers at my jerb.

#43 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:21 AM

I am active in all my free time.
Friday after 5pm till late
Saturday: depends how long i was up playing the night before but most of the morning and all night if not going out to meet friends
Sunday: All day

Brisbane time zone. (east coast)

#44 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2074 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:17 AM

View PostWaterBottle, on 04 May 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

Can confirm WL's knowledge; am learning code. Job has been Associate Software Developer since last July, although my natural affinity has been more on the front end side due to lack of Front End Developers at my jerb.
People thinking that some programming helps with being an IM, the main areas would be related to data structures, basic logic, and how random number & %'s work could help. While you don't code logic a comprehension of logic can help in understanding how settings and values can work with the built in logic to get the desired results.

There is no need for IM's to code, but the .def's do get stored directly in data structures which the code then used to control a spawn/invasion.

#45 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

View PostLearner, on 05 May 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

View PostWaterBottle, on 04 May 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

People thinking that some programming helps with being an IM, the main areas would be related to data structures, basic logic, and how random number & %'s work could help. While you don't code logic a comprehension of logic can help in understanding how settings and values can work with the built in logic to get the desired results.

There is no need for IM's to code, but the .def's do get stored directly in data structures which the code then used to control a spawn/invasion.

Just so there isn't subjectivity with regards to interpreting my post, I was only clarifying my situation from WLs post so everyone in the community is on the same page moving forward in case I can help out in any manner down the road. :)

#46 blar32

blar32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:49 PM

I vote/would vote for WB and OMG

XOXO
blar32

#47 Mixi

Mixi

Newbie Forever

• Pip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:25 AM

I vote/would vote for WB and OMG
+1

#48 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:37 AM

View PostKaddy, on 04 May 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

I'm not a candidate anymore.

I don't see OL going in a direction of how I imagined or wanted or wished. It's more like a "Community Driven, Dictator Decidin' " game to me.

I see no progress in gameplay of OL, the priorities are not as the community's desires. Invasions are one of them. This is not a topic to mention everything anyways.

Just saying I'm out.

-Kaddy

#49 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

I would like to recommend Mixi for the role. In her short time here she has shown that she is capable of doing the tough stuff (ie the encyclopedia), a passion for the game and comes with familiarity of the role already.

#50 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:45 AM

Reposting potential candidates for IM:   ohmygod, Ebattleon, WaterBottle, mixi, eats.

Any other suggestions?

Edit:

Have decided to throw my name in there too: AlddrA

#51 Adele

Adele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

LOL I don't remember posting this ,who is posting for me ? Or maybe I was drunk .Yes I think having a IM on European time  would be great. Now that Ohmygod is back maybe he would do it .

#52 pegasus

pegasus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

My vote is for Waterbottle because he is an exemplary individual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users