64 replies to this topic

#41 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

View Postebattleon, on 02 March 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

View PostBlakKat, on 02 March 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

That is why I think that there should be disadvantages for each perk, too, that overall they remain neutral to slightly positive.

Please clarify but looking at the perks that you think need to be changed and inserting your ideas.

View PostGrimm, on 28 February 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

Alot of these percentages do seem a little high, testing purposes I'd suggest lower and adjust higher if seems needed

What values need to be changed?

The only way to get away without serious testing is to go with small changes to the stats. But then the perks won't change the game dynamics substantially.

I spent already a day or so testing the new combat system and could not conclude much from it besides that mobs hit more if you are above their league. Each perk would need to undergo similar or more extensive review especially taking into account multi-combat situations. So, imho too much guess-work is involved without an appropriate test environment.

Having said that: perks helping with attack should in general weaken defense and vice versa.

#42 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:21 AM

was pondering the perks that you can't take with another,

would it be too OP to allow to take but only the first level, thus you could take level 1 of both but not level 2 or 3?

what opinions about allowing to equip gear if only have level 1?  
-- so if have level 1perk + wear item with chance to break/loose == level 3

opinions?

#43 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:57 AM

I still don't believe this would go alive in 2017 so making things a little more complicated won't really help I guess G. :P

#44 Ashitaka

Ashitaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNorth of Québec

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostGrimm, on 11 March 2017 - 05:21 AM, said:

would it be too OP to allow to take but only the first level, thus you could take level 1 of both but not level 2 or 3?

opinions?

I agree, lvl 1 perk with cape should be the same as level 3 if not lot of cape are going to be useless. same for all perks that replace an items, perks should be here to increave bonus and this way we could have more option than only max 2 perks. Also in ranging if its possible add a perk that do the same as gatherer, so if we rang we take what we kill.

exemple:
Artificer perk 1 + cape = same as artificer perk 3
Excavator perk1 + cape = excavator perk 3
+100 EMU perk1 + cape = emu perk 3

#45 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2318 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

opinions?
There are big reasons NOT to allow wearing a cape of the same type as a Perk you have. If any combining or stacking is ever permitted then a much more complex system for tracking where the Perks are coming and how much from each would need to  be implemented, or a lot of extra code will be needed for each Perk.

#46 Ashitaka

Ashitaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

View PostLearner, on 11 March 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

opinions?
There are big reasons NOT to allow wearing a cape of the same type as a Perk you have. If any combining or stacking is ever permitted then a much more complex system for tracking where the Perks are coming and how much from each would need to  be implemented, or a lot of extra code will be needed for each Perk.

Hi, i wanted to know if Zen Perk stack with FR cape ?

and if FR cape could be changed to X2 base regeneration instead of +2, so with zen perks could give a really nice regeneration.

#47 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2318 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:23 AM

No, the current FR Cape would not be stackable or combine with Zen

#48 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

opinions?

I can see that.  but these perks will also make equipment obsolete even the rare drop items.  seems to me they are just a OP replacement for drops they are not getting. as I said before I believe the values are too high.   But now I ponder if it would be pointless for new items.  even the contradictory perks, isn't thought out well. wouldn't those contradictions also apply to items in game?

IE wearing a mirror cape and say a weapon with life steal

#49 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2318 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

Yes, contradictions and conflicts between Perks & Items would have to apply. As it is, things like Mirror Cloak should be changed for how it's applied & checked in order to keep things simple there. That's why FR & Zen would not be combinable as I just replied.

Think about it, we don't want to have two different Perk systems in the game and active and having to worry about both of them everywhere in the code or client along with future issues as more Perks get added. Since you want multi-level Perks and the current Perks are a mess and not even stored by themselves, it'll be better if we combine it all into a single system.

This also means in the future we'll be able to 'easily' send information to the Client about what Perks you have, at what level, and if it's from Perk Points or a Worn Item.

#50 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:36 PM

nods and agrees

thus when testing and implementing these perks we have to look more than what we have now but also Items in future with same capabilities.

Plus a multi level perk system I think a level 2 perk should not have stats that exceed an item in game. And a level 1 should also not be significantly less than an item in game and not allow you to wear item.

but that's where I stress again this is where tuning and testing of the perks will need to be seen and adjusted accordingly.

maybe;
level 1 == -25% of game item,
level 2 == same value
level 3 == +25% more than game item where as this should be max value allowed?

#51 Ashitaka

Ashitaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

View PostLearner, on 11 March 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

Yes, contradictions and conflicts between Perks & Items would have to apply. As it is, things like Mirror Cloak should be changed for how it's applied & checked in order to keep things simple there. That's why FR & Zen would not be combinable as I just replied.

Think about it, we don't want to have two different Perk systems in the game and active and having to worry about both of them everywhere in the code or client along with future issues as more Perks get added. Since you want multi-level Perks and the current Perks are a mess and not even stored by themselves, it'll be better if we combine it all into a single system.

This also means in the future we'll be able to 'easily' send information to the Client about what Perks you have, at what level, and if it's from Perk Points or a Worn Item.

Well to me we should have more Perk point then, that my opinion. i think 1/10oa lvl its kinda poor if we can't stack them with other items.

#52 Grimm

Grimm

Teh Reaper

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

that's what this poll is for:

http://www.other-lif...96-perk-system/

#53 Ashitaka

Ashitaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

View PostGrimm, on 11 March 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

that's what this poll is for:

http://www.other-lif...96-perk-system/

oh thanks ;)

#54 Kiwi06

Kiwi06

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:08 AM

opinions?

One small question: is it possible to be able to wear a Cloak and disable the perk it gives if you have the perk already? That way I could wear MM Cloak for aesthetic rather than not being able to wear it at all if MM were a perk.

#55 Ashitaka

Ashitaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

View PostAshitaka, on 29 April 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

Excavator
(cannot combine with excavator cloak)
(This is a reduction in MN damage and an increase in gold/XP bonus/stone finding events..number of total events does not change..just shifts the mean from good/bad 50/50 to 60/40, 70/30, 90/10).
Excavator 1 - 1 pp - Increase harvest speed by 100%,  10% shift towards good harvesting events. +10% food usage while harvesting
Excavator 2 - 1 pp - Increase harvest speed by 120%,  20% shift towards good harvesting events. +20% food usage while harvesting
Excavator 3 - 1 pp - Increase harvest speed by 130%,  30% shift towards good harvesting events. +30% food usage while harvestiing

Does that mean excavator perks give +160% Speed  when food is positive ?

#56 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2318 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

These are only proposed Perks with Costs & Values. You can't try to analyze anything yet until we have something on test to see what the actual effects are other then just numbers on paper.

#57 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:47 AM

View PostLearner, on 14 May 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

These are only proposed Perks with Costs & Values. You can't try to analyze anything yet until we have something on test to see what the actual effects are other then just numbers on paper.

When do we get to have them?

#58 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:13 AM

Know I'm late but it'd be nice if mirror perk had a toggle. Would make def training easier. They sound good though.

I'm tempted by tank, but lucky dodge, mirror and healthy guy look good for me

#59 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2318 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:54 AM

View Postbutler, on 15 May 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

Know I'm late but it'd be nice if mirror perk had a toggle. Would make def training easier. They sound good though.

I'm tempted by tank, but lucky dodge, mirror and healthy guy look good for me
I actually prefer if a Perk can't be turned off or on, so that side effects of having the Perk are part of the consideration process. It also helps protect player who may turn off a Perk, and then forget to turn it back on again later. How would you feel if you had the MirrorPerk but forgot to enable it before taking on that big Boss?

#60 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:49 AM

hmm, would mean I'd choose different ones till i get to a level where I cba proper leveling from, and then soft resetting to get that then. I'd still like a toggle, but that's a fair point with it. With the toggle, I wouldn't argue against keeping the negative sides when toggled off and the positives off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users