•  

Poll: Proposed Perks

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Should these Perk categories move into development? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Pure Fighting

1. Yes (44 votes [86.27%])

Percentage of vote: 86.27%

2. No, or we need to work on these more first (7 votes [13.73%])

Percentage of vote: 13.73%

Ranger Perks

1. Yes (39 votes [76.47%])

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

2. No, or we need to work on these more first (12 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

Pure Mixing

1. Yes (40 votes [78.43%])

Percentage of vote: 78.43%

2. No, or we need to work on these more first (11 votes [21.57%])

Percentage of vote: 21.57%

Pure Harvesting

1. Yes (37 votes [72.55%])

Percentage of vote: 72.55%

2. No, or we need to work on these more first (14 votes [27.45%])

Percentage of vote: 27.45%

General Benefits & Special Perks

1. Yes (37 votes [72.55%])

Percentage of vote: 72.55%

2. No, or we need to work on these more first (14 votes [27.45%])

Percentage of vote: 27.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:02 AM

How are perk points obtained again?

#42 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:07 AM

View Postohmygod, on 30 March 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

1 every 10 oas

#43 SimAnt

SimAnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:43 PM

View Postbutler, on 30 March 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

1 every 10 oas
was planning on having a revote after the perks get made out.

#44 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:53 PM

View PostSimAnt, on 05 April 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

1 every 10 oas
Denied :P

#45 SimAnt

SimAnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:58 PM

View PostLearner, on 05 April 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

1 every 10 oas
Denied Posted Image
Let the plats do the talking.

#46 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:07 PM

View PostSimAnt, on 05 April 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

View PostLearner, on 05 April 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

1 every 10 oas
Denied Posted Image
Let the plats do the talking.
The number of Perkpoints needed is centered around 1 for every 10 OA, and you knew that from the start. I'm not going to allow greed to get in the way ... you will have to decide what build & perks you like within the limits or 10 OA.

Otherwise the number of PerkPoints needed will have to be increased by as much as the change you try for!

#47 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:12 PM

I agree with Learner here, is a nice reward getting 10 perk points at 100, something to aim for.

Too many perk points can ruins our 'builds' and the game aswell

stick to what was voted for to begin with, 1 per 10 OA's

we still need to consider perk points to customize our builds, you have to really think on what u want, we dont want too many

dont be too greedy now

#48 SimAnt

SimAnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:17 PM

View PostLearner, on 05 April 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

The number of Perkpoints needed is centered around 1 for every 10 OA, and you knew that from the start. I'm not going to allow greed to get in the way ... you will have to decide what build & perks you like within the limits or 10 OA.

Otherwise the number of PerkPoints needed will have to be increased by as much as the change you try for!
It was my intent from the start to increase some perks costs, but it gives us more flexibility to account for weaker perks that aren't worth spending as much.
Edit: I believe even after this change I would be getting the same perks that previously would have cost 1 perk point that would now cost 2 perk points. not being greedy.

Edited by SimAnt, 05 April 2018 - 07:27 PM.

#49 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:04 PM

Has anyone considered adding underworlder as a perk?

#50 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1195 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:29 PM

What is Underworlder?

#51 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:57 AM

It's the one that lets you use teleport to portal room and rings in UW

#52 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:12 PM

View Postbutler, on 10 April 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

It's the one that lets you use teleport to portal room and rings in UW

Nice addition to the speical peks Posted Image

#53 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:31 PM

View PostWarlock, on 10 April 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

<Snip>
Nice addition to the speical peks Posted Image

was 2 pp and 20k in EL, but was browsing their perks to remind myself things like fatalman that some of the bosses have, and found that, thought it would be a pretty nice 1pp one as well as Pharaoh/gatherer.

#54 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2732 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

Don't forget, every Perkpoint you use here is one less available elsewhere since they are supposed to be a rare resource.

On the otherhand, feel free to talk about other ideas. I personally feel the more you are split on how Perkpoints are used, the more diverse the player builds will become, unlike EL where so many people just use the smae build & perks.

#55 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

View PostLearner, on 10 April 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

Don't forget, every Perkpoint you use here is one less available elsewhere since they are supposed to be a rare resource.

On the otherhand, feel free to talk about other ideas. I personally feel the more you are split on how Perkpoints are used, the more diverse the player builds will become, unlike EL where so many people just use the smae build & perks.

Yeah, why i suggested this one. I'd be tempted to spend a point on this, just because it'd be a huge boon for things like giganta outside TD.

#56 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:24 AM

Tanking uber mobs with current level caps to skills/OA and Attributes might be best achieved with summons when that skill gets a real look at more closely. A thought that just popped into my head. Unless there are going to be neg perks that allows gains to Pick points available such as Jelly bones Hellspawn etc. but that just borrows solely off the other game which I thought we were moving away from in the development of OL

#57 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:54 AM

View Postohmygod, on 11 April 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

Tanking uber mobs with current level caps to skills/OA and Attributes might be best achieved with summons when that skill gets a real look at more closely.
iirc wl tanked multiple ubers such as giga and chucky in PL. Think holosko has a set of videos on those.

A thought that just popped into my head. Unless there are going to be neg perks that allows gains to Pick points available such as Jelly bones Hellspawn etc. but that just borrows solely off the other game which I thought we were moving away from in the development of OL

Learner has stated multiple times, including in this thread, that there will be no negative perks, i believe.

#58 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:46 AM

Yawn..., the sentence prior to that was the thought that popped in to my head, introducing old perks from EL was the one that popped into yours. Sarcasm is hard to read for, and my comments on those perks were just that.  Did you not like me suggesting summoning special tank creature may be a way to tank ubers in future.

I have watched Kaddy mage tank well enough for a team to take down giga also by the way.  I would like to see the video you have referred to where WL tanks two so a team can take them down, as I would have to admit I stand corrected on their uberness....

And perhaps OL should just wait around for MVP to tank the ubers and /or other high level bosses if that is the case?

#59 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:54 AM

View Postohmygod, on 11 April 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

Yawn..., the sentence prior to that was the thought that popped in to my head, introducing old perks from EL was the one that popped into yours. Sarcasm is hard to read for, and my comments on those perks were just that.
So i'm guessing this:

Tanking uber mobs with current level caps to skills/OA and Attributes might be best achieved with summons when that skill gets a real look at more closely. A thought that just popped into my head. Unless there are going to be neg perks that allows gains to Pick points available such as Jelly bones Hellspawn etc. but that just borrows solely off the other game which I thought we were moving away from in the development of OL

Was supposed to be sarcastic? I can't really read that as being sarcastic, you've not included really any cues to point towards it being sarcastic. Also confused to what end that would be for. I thought you had honestly not picked up that negative perks weren't happening, since it's sometimes difficult to find the things on forums as was just wanting to clarify. I just assumed it as another question like this one:

View Postohmygod, on 05 April 2018 - 03:55 AM, said:

Cant help test wont soft reset the perks

Also don't really understand the aggression. I don't have anything against you, i'm not out to get you, i have no opinion on you what so ever. So can we be petty, because I've tried to remaining civil in these discussions.

Did you not like me suggesting summoning special tank creature may be a way to tank ubers in future.
You never said that, or if in the post quoted above you did, you did it in a way that you could read it as meaning that, rather than just summoning things for def penalty. So that's how i came to the conclusion that I did.

I have watched Kaddy mage tank well enough for a team to take down giga also by the way.  I would like to see the video you have referred to where WL tanks two so a team can take them down, as I would have to admit I stand corrected on their uberness....
Chucky
Giganta

It's been done a few times as well with 3 people, it just ends up relying on having a skilled ranger/healer and a tank willing to die a few times.

Also in TD giga has been soloed and mirrored to death by at least half a dozen people, it just takes a lot of patience and a fair number of resources.

And perhaps OL should just wait around for MVP to tank the ubers and /or other high level bosses if that is the case?
I'm really confused by this one. Sure... I guess, if you wanted to... there's no reason to though, if you don't want to. I mean, I know Abra is tanky build atm? AlddrA and Zian are rather high levels, and peg is a good ranger. I really don't follow what on earth this is supposed to mean. Is it just a jab at us because we like to tank the high end bosses? Why the animosity?

Why did this start with me just suggesting what as a throwaway perk in EL be incorporated in some way as it would work better within our game. Thought it was a good concept to have a look in, considering L has expanded on some extra perk concepts already.

#60 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:17 PM

my turn to misread.

wl tanked multiple ubers such as giga and chucky in PL
Thought you said he tanked both at once, also some ubers are easier than others of the same type, depend on if they have a sword

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users