Magic immunity - Why cost so much?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

If you don't want to be attacked by a player skill in game, simply don't go into PK.

#22 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:55 PM

~Deleted~

Point of view gun...

omg   :)

#23 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:54 AM

I agree there needs to be some balancing done to the magic system.

The side that you all don't see - being a sneaky mage is extremely costly and these days, comes with very little payout - keeping up invisibility spell (for sometimes a few minutes at a time) is brutal on the bank . Also, its not exactly 'easy' to train up to 60+ magic (to the point you have a good fail rate on our available spell-set, throw out mediocre life-drain and mana-drain bombs..).  I've spent literally millions of gc training these skills (magic/range), not to mention have 0 fighting stats, and its kinda bogus that there is even a spell out there to 100% counter everything I have built up for.

The other 90% of my play style is as a support/healer character, essentially allowing a team(mate) to thrive under high pressure and empower them to take on the toughest mobs in the game.  Won't go in to detail how un-profitable that is, but you're wrong again when you accuse me

Theres a lot of counters you are apparently not even aware of.  A few have been suggested, like Kaddy said an iron plate for magic resistance is a good start.  Im not gonna reveal all my secrets (ill be back for more l00t from you) but maybe PM Kaddy in-game if your so butthurt (his remarks regarding being the only TD trainer I haven't been able to snipe in TD are true).  And yes, predict or protect yourself from a mages initial strike and once you've got them in combat its pretty much game over.

Group PVP fights are where we *really* shine, not just TD sneak attacks.  Maybe one day you'll get to experience this omg, because PK isn't quite dead, at least not when I log in!

P.S. regarding this topic; MI is so broken, I wish it were removed.  It is too powerful of a spell to counter *all* incoming offensive spells; I could argue that us mages aren't balanced because there is no spell for us to block all incoming melee damage.  Some sort of rock-paper-scissor method is not a bad idea, and I can see it coming in to play using our already in-game elemental system.  

Or, you could exploit the spell while you still have time and get enough ethreality to be able to cast MI :P

#24 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

~deleted original post again~

Started going to defend mag trainers point of view and say mag trainers need some help with withstanding incoming damage from melee trainers, and even suggested ways that they may even increase their own damage out-put with spell critical calculations being coded for but, then i remembered watching a mag build trainer "tank" Gigantua on the weekend just past and self heal all the incoming damage that  Mob was putting out. With seeming massive restores and endless mana pool + mirror cape.

omg

EDITED : deleted heaps of stuff and original post. Added that mag build (aka) Ranger/Potioner/Harvester/Alclher trainer is too op, Will be resetting to grind those skill instead and watch the green numbers appear over my head in the "safety" of a mine or storage space. Leave PK maps to look pretty for the unwary or someone with emu/gc/time to carry around expensive Armour/capes/ess to wander around in....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users