34 replies to this topic

#21 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1282 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:10 AM

I'd imagine since he made broken versions of various weapons this shouldn't be so terrible. Are weapons using .defs atm?

#22 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

New Swords

Mana Eater. This sword eats Mana yours or your enemies. When you equip this sword you lose 1 mana per min when not in combat. When in combat every successful hit drains enemy of 5 mana, and you get one mana point. All other qualities of the sword will be the same as steel long sword.

Bleeder. This sword cuts everybody (hater sword!). You equip this sword you lose one Hp per min when not in combat. When in combat every successful hit cause the mob or person to bled for a short while, base is -6 Hp at a diminishing rate per 10 seconds over one min. Every cut resets the bleed rate. All other qualities of the sword will be the same as steel long sword.

Blessed Hymn. Sword granted to highest levels of Alwuen worshipers(or whatever god/goddess will replace her). Every successful cut heals you team mates by 2 hp over 5 x 5 area, on death you have a chance 10% to respawn fully healed on IP. All other properties will be similar to tit long.

Death Bringer. Sword granted to Highest levels of Mortos worshipers(or whatever god/goddess will replace him) . This Sword carries a 5% chance of a instant kill on non boss mobs, 1% chance of 100 dmg on bosses  and 0.05% chance of sending you to hell instead. All other properties will be similar to tit long.

#23 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1282 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:10 AM

ebattleon, on 07 June 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

New Swords

Mana Eater. This sword eats Mana yours or your enemies. When you equip this sword you lose 1 mana per min when not in combat. When in combat every successful hit drains enemy of 5 mana, and you get one mana point. All other qualities of the sword will be the same as steel long sword.

Bleeder. This sword cuts everybody (hater sword!). You equip this sword you lose one Hp per min when not in combat. When in combat every successful hit cause the mob or person to bled for a short while, base is -6 Hp at a diminishing rate per 10 seconds over one min. Every cut resets the bleed rate. All other qualities of the sword will be the same as steel long sword.
my concern is the mana one would only be of much applicable use over the bleeder in pk or against bear hordes. I think you could tweak the bleeders stats so they are a tiny bit lower, as that would make it a bit more equal imo.

Blessed Hymn. Sword granted to highest levels of Alwuen worshipers(or whatever god/goddess will replace her). Every successful cut heals you team mates by 2 hp over 5 x 5 area, on death you have a chance 10% to respawn fully healed on IP. All other properties will be similar to tit long.
I wouldn't put them on IP or fully healed. I'd make it a day of the pheonix style resummoning of you, but at half health, and I'm not sure about the percentage (I imagine a person more talented at balancing might suggest something different, but I don't know.

Death Bringer. Sword granted to Highest levels of Mortos worshipers(or whatever god/goddess will replace him) . This Sword carries a 5% chance of a instant kill on non boss mobs, 1% chance of 100 dmg on bosses  and 0.05% chance of sending you to hell instead. All other properties will be similar to tit long.

Think this would be too powerful in terms of exp farming on some spawns, I'd just give this the high level hits like you're suggesting about bosses that ignores defence, toughness and reaction.  I think it's an interesting idea but that last one especially needs a bit more thinking put into it.

Also is there any chance of putting this on test?

#24 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2257 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:21 AM

When you are thinking about swords also think about getting hit by them. For example, any specials that are per hit also means you get feel that two times per second.

#25 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:53 PM

Learner, on 08 June 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

When you are thinking about swords also think about getting hit by them. For example, any specials that are per hit also means you get feel that two times per second.

Other than making non-value-adding comments, will you actually put these to test or just ignore our posts?

Tell us if you won't bother, so we get no hype for nothing

#26 Mitch3

Mitch3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:00 AM

an easy fix that can implemented quickly could just be making special tit long swords and tit serp of fire, ice, and magic more accessible to the game right now. Most of those swords are equal in stats to the ones being made up anyway. As we start to implement more weapons these could just be more options as weapons (and also they look cool) I say just increase the chance of these weapons a little bit more then a bp cape drop or add to npc.

-bones

#27 Rabbitman

Rabbitman

That Mod Guy

• PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:22 PM

I do agree we should have more weapons, but I think a bit more thought needs to be put into creating more balanced weapons. I had started putting together more balanced weapons in the past but never finished polishing to the point I wanted to post. Here's a rough rough draft which would need tuning, but gets the idea across of there truly being no one best weapon:
1 handed weapons:

Orc Slayer (Balanced damage)
  30-35 damage
  -2 defense

Emerald Claymore (Balanced hit/dodge)
  26-32 damage
  +2 defense
  +2 accuracy
  -5 crit to hit
  -5 crit to damage

Cutlass (High accuracy)
  19-24 damage
  +10 accuracy
  -5 crit to hit
  -5 crit to damage

Sunbreaker (High critical damage)
  28-32 damage
  -5 accuracy
  -5 crit to hit
  +15 crit to damage

Eagle Wing (High defense)
  19-24 damage
  +10 defense
  -5 crit to hit
  -5 crit to damage

Rapier (High crit to hit)
  18-22 damage
  -5 defense
  +15 crit to hit
  -5 crit to damage

Jagged Saber (Overall Balanced)
  20-25 damage
  +3 accuracy
  +3 defense
  +3 crit to hit
  +3 crit to damage

Iron Axe (Minor damage + Crits)
  10-25 Damage
  -5 defense
  -5 crit to hit
  +10 crit to damage

Steel Axe (Nice damage + Crits)
  14-29 Damage
  -7 defense
  -7 crit to hit
  +20 crit to damage

Titanium Axe (High damage + Crits)
  34-40 Damage
  -10 defense
  -10 crit to hit
  +30 crit to damage

2 Handed weapons:

Halberd (High risk, high reward)
  40-50 damage
  -10 accuracy
  -10 defense
  -10 crit to hit
  +10 crit to dmg

Staff of Protection (Low damage, low risk)
  10-20 damage
  +20 defense
  -5 crit to hit

Spear (Balanced damage, risk)
  35-40 damage
  -10 crit to hit
  -10 crit to damage

RM

#28 mugen

mugen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:25 AM

I'd love to see more weapons in-game, and this is a good start!

#29 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:50 AM

Rabbitman, on 10 July 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

I do agree we should have more weapons, but I think a bit more thought needs to be put into creating more balanced weapons. I had started putting together more balanced weapons in the past but never finished polishing to the point I wanted to post. Here's a rough rough draft which would need tuning, but gets the idea across of there truly being no one best weapon:
1 handed weapons:

30-35 damage
  -2 defense

26-32 damage
  +2 defense
  +2 accuracy
  -5 crit to hit
  -5 crit to damage

Cutlass (High accuracy)
  19-24 damage
  +10 accuracy
  -5 crit to hit
  -5 crit to damage

28-32 damage
  -5 accuracy
  -5 crit to hit
  +15 crit to damage

19-24 damage
  +10 defense
  -5 crit to hit
  -5 crit to damage

18-22 damage
  -5 defense
  +15 crit to hit
  -5 crit to damage

20-25 damage
  +3 accuracy
  +3 defense
  +3 crit to hit
  +3 crit to damage

10-25 Damage
  -5 defense
  -5 crit to hit
  +10 crit to damage

14-29 Damage
  -7 defense
  -7 crit to hit
  +20 crit to damage

34-40 Damage
  -10 defense
  -10 crit to hit
  +30 crit to damage

2 Handed weapons:

40-50 damage
  -10 accuracy
  -10 defense
  -10 crit to hit
  +10 crit to dmg

10-20 damage
  +20 defense
  -5 crit to hit

35-40 damage
  -10 crit to hit
  -10 crit to damage

RM

It is already very hard to stay alive in high level invasion situations and i see too many minus abilities of swords.

#30 mugen

mugen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:28 AM

Kaddy, on 11 July 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

Rabbitman, on 10 July 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

1 handed weapons:

30-35 damage
  -2 defense

26-32 damage
  +2 defense
  +2 accuracy
  -5 crit to hit
  -5 crit to damage

Cutlass (High accuracy)
  19-24 damage
  +10 accuracy
  -5 crit to hit
  -5 crit to damage

28-32 damage
  -5 accuracy
  -5 crit to hit
  +15 crit to damage

19-24 damage
  +10 defense
  -5 crit to hit
  -5 crit to damage

18-22 damage
  -5 defense
  +15 crit to hit
  -5 crit to damage

20-25 damage
  +3 accuracy
  +3 defense
  +3 crit to hit
  +3 crit to damage

10-25 Damage
  -5 defense
  -5 crit to hit
  +10 crit to damage

14-29 Damage
  -7 defense
  -7 crit to hit
  +20 crit to damage

34-40 Damage
  -10 defense
  -10 crit to hit
  +30 crit to damage

2 Handed weapons:

40-50 damage
  -10 accuracy
  -10 defense
  -10 crit to hit
  +10 crit to dmg

10-20 damage
  +20 defense
  -5 crit to hit

35-40 damage
  -10 crit to hit
  -10 crit to damage

RM

It is already very hard to stay alive in high level invasion situations and i see too many minus abilities of swords.

Well too much + on swords and they become overpowered, however RM did say that those numbers were just a "Rough Rough" Draft, so still needs work.

However Kaddys at least others are trying to work on this now aswell and not just left down to yourself? Right?

#31 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1282 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:13 AM

On question with RMs, how does that fit with ti long + serp? I can also see the eagle wing being pretty much irrelevant once we have perks, since that's a tanking sword and the tanking perk, i assume, will give a greater benefit for that. Maybe for tank training, for me, but i don't believe a single other person trying tank builds has done it the same as me, so... yeah.

#32 mugen

mugen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:16 AM

butler, on 11 July 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

On question with RMs, how does that fit with ti long + serp? I can also see the eagle wing being pretty much irrelevant once we have perks, since that's a tanking sword and the tanking perk, i assume, will give a greater benefit for that. Maybe for tank training, for me, but i don't believe a single other person trying tank builds has done it the same as me, so... yeah.

The Eagle Wing may not be the go-to sword for many people, but imagine there's only a few players online and a boss in an invasion is a little too strong for anyone online, then surly this would be a good option to use in those situations, right?

#33 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:34 AM

mugen, on 11 July 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

The Eagle Wing may not be the go-to sword for many people, but imagine there's only a few players online and a boss in an invasion is a little too strong for anyone online, then surly this would be a good option to use in those situations, right?

+10 def is actually nothing. You will never block giganta or Enola Gay anyways. In those situation you would like to hit more than block lol...

#34 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1282 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

Yeah, just saying, armour > defense. Why the moon medallion is superior to uni med

#35 Rabbitman

Rabbitman

That Mod Guy

• PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:32 PM

Kaddy, on 11 July 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

The intent behind adding new weapons shouldn't necessarily be to make current high level invasions easier. It is to increase diversity and allow players to have viable choices based on play style and different situations. I would expect monster stats might need to change once new weapons such as these are implemented anyway.

I would want to adjust serpent sword and tit long's stats as well. They have too many +stats anyway :P.

Kaddy, on 11 July 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

mugen, on 11 July 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

+10 def is actually nothing. You will never block giganta or Enola Gay anyways. In those situation you would like to hit more than block lol...

Bosses like Giganta and Enola Gay will likely never be consistently dodged (unless we have perks that give critical dodge chances like evanescence, mirror skin, etc), so judging a weapon intended to help with dodging probably isn't a good comparison. But for something like Cyce, the +10 defense on sword and +7 defense on shield might be enough to make you dodge it. The idea is similar to builds in Ol, there shouldn't be a single best thing. It should always depend on play style and situation.

butler, on 11 July 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

Yeah, just saying, armour > defense. Why the moon medallion is superior to uni med

Not necessarily, I never use moon medallion, but I frequently use uni and stars medallions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users