26 replies to this topic

#21 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

Okay...now that we've had most players going through an MBC there are a few things in the pipeline to do with it...

The Event Page is live on main: https://www.other-li...rop-automation/

A few questions that I'd need some input from the players:
1. Should we have a 2 min break after 4 waves for player restock?
2. If there is a 'break' should it be announced?
3. If the team has not finished clearing the wave should the wave be cleared and the new wave spawned or just spawn the new wave and have to deal with 2 waves at once?
4. I kind of like the way that less experienced fighters can be of use in the MBC which is why the current MBC starts so low and doesn't go into the Feros, Cyclops, Fluffy Rabbit level and also due to the time limit of 5 mins of spawns per wave. But there seems to be an opening for a higher level version of the MBC? Do you agree and any suggestions of what sort of mobs?

Thanks
SAWolf

#22 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:22 PM

A word of caution, we do need to worry about making sure that MBC's don't drop too much since there are so many bosses and their drops were boosted.

#23 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:47 AM

1.  Might consider having a 2 min break after the 6th wave.  The higher bosses spawn then and that is the time some players would need to change to better gear or get more arrows.
2.  Yes, the break should be announced.
3.  In my opinion, would rather clear the wave first.
4.  Depending on player fighter CL, it might be a consideration for the future.

Thanks again to Learner for this effort in making our events more visible.Posted Image

Also thank you to SAWolf for hosting themPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#24 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:06 AM

View PostLearner, on 09 November 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

A word of caution, we do need to worry about making sure that MBC's don't drop too much since there are so many bosses and their drops were boosted.

^ Yes learner an event that occurs every two weeks will run OL into hyper-inflation mode...
Also one high money drop event does not mean all MBC events will drop oodles of cash due to the roll of the die built into every drop.
In-addition how successful a team is is determined by more factors (such as good planning and communication) than how well the bosses drop on a particular day.
I would strongly suggest that you keep the aforementioned concepts in mind before you go nerfing MBC drops...or nerfing anything else.

View PostSAWolf, on 09 November 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

Okay...now that we've had most players going through an MBC there are a few things in the pipeline to do with it...

The Event Page is live on main: https://www.other-li...rop-automation/

A few questions that I'd need some input from the players:
1. Should we have a 2 min break after 4 waves for player restock? Maybe break after the bear level as this would be the point where people start needing to resupply.
2. If there is a 'break' should it be announced? Yes it Should
3. If the team has not finished clearing the wave should the wave be cleared and the new wave spawned or just spawn the new wave and have to deal with 2 waves at once? One wave at a time please.
4. I kind of like the way that less experienced fighters can be of use in the MBC which is why the current MBC starts so low and doesn't go into the Feros, Cyclops, Fluffy Rabbit level and also due to the time limit of 5 mins of spawns per wave. But there seems to be an opening for a higher level version of the MBC? Do you agree and any suggestions of what sort of mobs? Uhm...just play around with final bosses...more powerful than Troll Night perhaps.

Thanks
SAWolf

#25 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:17 AM

View Postebattleon, on 10 November 2017 - 07:06 AM, said:

View PostLearner, on 09 November 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

^ Yes learner an event that occurs every two weeks will run OL into hyper-inflation mode...
Also one high money drop event does not mean all MBC events will drop oodles of cash due to the roll of the die built into every drop.
In-addition how successful a team is is determined by more factors (such as good planning and communication) than how well the bosses drop on a particular day.
I would strongly suggest that you keep the aforementioned concepts in mind before you go nerfing MBC drops.
Oh, I know that and am not yet thinking about nerfing yet. But, if higher mobs are added that also increase what could be dropped since higher CL's means higher avg drop per Boss and higher chances for the rares. Just mentioning so people other then me can help keep an eye on it and try to dampen their greed by thinking about whats good for the game.

#26 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:51 AM

How many waves in MBB first? I thought 6 was max, 6th being Troll Night

We need more waves, freddy/jason/TN is usually the highest we get, i think the waves to start us off should be harder, not only Fedido with his skunks, or the wolves, Eternal Hunter etc

Just start us harder than basic animals, and finish us further than Freddy/Jason/Troll Night

#27 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:57 PM

View PostWarlock, on 10 November 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

How many waves in MBB first? I thought 6 was max, 6th being Troll Night

We need more waves, freddy/jason/TN is usually the highest we get, i think the waves to start us off should be harder, not only Fedido with his skunks, or the wolves, Eternal Hunter etc

Just start us harder than basic animals, and finish us further than Freddy/Jason/Troll Night
Definitely agree to this. There should be different 'modes' for example; Easy/Normal/Hard/Insane. Each with pre-defined waves like there is now. I personally would think the current MBB would be ranked as under 'Normal' difficulty, if that is anything to go by.
I would be glad to help and give suggestions to what you could include in different waves, expanding this Event.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users