4 replies to this topic

#1 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:15 AM

It's been coming up for a number of years now, but should we change bad day stones into just day removal stones. The reason for this is that it stop L from having to make the server define between different days being different types, as well as avoiding some days that straddle the middle from having to be arbitrated on.

There have been numerous ways of doing this suggested.
  • We could just make this a straight up change, which means anybody with a stone can remove the day. This means the day is rerolled, and resets the chances for another normal, neutral, good or bad day from beginning again. This is up to be abused by trolls, with some having previously said that they would do such thing on days like Sun Tzu.
  • We could do point 1, but increase the chance of another special day being rolled. This doesn't mean a good day, but any special day, so it's slightly better result.
  • We change it to being able to remove any stone, but institute a quick in game poll function, similar to what you would find in competitive online games such as Counter Strike or Team Fortress 2. This means there needs to be a number more trolls to try and get a good day stricken down, and allows other players to veto their move. It does however mean that if there are more trolls actively online that they can still remove the day. It also means L needs to code this thing into OL, but this also means we could integrate this into the team events integrated into OL. Typically the votes look something like this window.
Posted Image

Please include any of your ideas below. I do know L has reservations about the 3rd concept of mine, and I know other ideas have been floated around on channels.

#2 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

Think a "quick voting function" could be very transformative allowing for radically different approaches to things pertaining to all players, including invasions, special events, bans, or like here abuse.

#3 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2320 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:31 PM

View PostBlakKat, on 20 May 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

Think a "quick voting function" could be very transformative allowing for radically different approaches to things pertaining to all players, including invasions, special events, bans, or like here abuse.
The problems I see with a QuickVoting type functions include:
* Small player base is susceptible for abuse by a small number of characters (high afk counts mean even fewer votes as well)
* Risk of killing a player in an invasion when the window pops up
* Lack of people to build Clients for all 3 platforms means it would have to be implemented the same way the new NPC & Guild windows are handled
* What about someone that logs in just after the Vote is sent out, or players that loose their connection before they could vote?

#4 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

View PostLearner, on 20 May 2017 - 11:31 PM, said:

<snip>
The problems I see with a QuickVoting type functions include:
* Small player base is susceptible for abuse by a small number of characters (high afk counts mean even fewer votes as well)
<snip>
this is an issue right now, i do feel that it would be useful for further down the line

View PostLearner, on 20 May 2017 - 11:31 PM, said:

<snip>
* Risk of killing a player in an invasion when the window pops up
<snipped>
generally these windows are forced to the side out of the general way, and are rather small, and in places where the screen retail isn't in huge demand and not catastrophic. That's why the amount on the window is so small. It's generally smaller than most of our other windows, and likely the size of an emote window.

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2320 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

Have you noticed where the Guild NPC Merchant Menus pop up? The server has no control of that and the Client tends to put them right in the middle of the screen where you are most likely working!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bad day stones, drops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users