8 replies to this topic

#1 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

I was just wanting to ask if Zian or the rest of the community had any ideas about boosting the DL's combat level up once more of Alroth is developed, because I remember than in the overall plan for the continent that DL was originally intended to be a higher level area?

I'm mostly just curious what you guys are thinking about in terms of the continent once we develop past Dwarven lands, since I'm hearing lots of talk of ideas that I think are better developed to an end with a more fully developed continent.

Basically, I'm trying to gauge the plan for what happens further in the project.

I also know that there were at least 4 other maps on going, one of which is my fault for it not being finished (Flying Citadel), Anaith Fallora (adopted from someone elses dead project by Maki, and also the only WS size map i think that's got L's go ahead), Mystic Haven (Kiwi's), and Fires Map, with 3 additional maps in the working by winter.

together, these make a 3rd of the maps.

Very longwinded way of, what has the plan mutated into in the last year, and why are people talking about making a tutorial centered on a small part of the eventual full continent that could well end up being a higher level map (as i thought Zian was building it to be).

Basically asking for us to get greater clarity on the full plan since a bunch of us abandoned Zin, and I would like to get back into helping with this project.

#2 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:40 PM

Thoughts I remember were to have the core areas of each faction to be low CL. That would apply especially to the lower levels of TM and LD, TH and ZM and weaker to AD, AE. Higher CL's would be in remote areas as well as on maps close to other factions, especially where there is an imminent threat of war such as in VL and GL or secret areas.

#3 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

I think a lot of thought is gong in to NPC and harvest-able's but very little into encouraging a/d trainers out of Serida and in to DL maps (other than invasion weekends). It would be nice to see some higher level spawns made available. Even better if more mini boss spawns were created.

#4 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

View Postohmygod, on 23 May 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

I think a lot of thought is gong in to NPC and harvest-able's but very little into encouraging a/d trainers out of Serida and in to DL maps (other than invasion weekends). It would be nice to see some higher level spawns made available. Even better if more mini boss spawns were created.

I know that was planned originally, but I'd very much like to see Zians forward plans on this. I know he's put a lot of thought and effort into it. I'm almost certain we planned this early on.

#5 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:44 AM

View Postohmygod, on 23 May 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

Grimm was working on this and the mini boss spawns like the one in TD before he was forced away due to family matters.

#6 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:19 AM

View Postbutler, on 23 May 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

I was just wanting to ask if Zian or the rest of the community had any ideas about boosting the DL's combat level up once more of Alroth is developed, because I remember than in the overall plan for the continent that DL was originally intended to be a higher level area?

I'm mostly just curious what you guys are thinking about in terms of the continent once we develop past Dwarven lands, since I'm hearing lots of talk of ideas that I think are better developed to an end with a more fully developed continent.

Basically, I'm trying to gauge the plan for what happens further in the project.

I also know that there were at least 4 other maps on going, one of which is my fault for it not being finished (Flying Citadel), Anaith Fallora (adopted from someone elses dead project by Maki, and also the only WS size map i think that's got L's go ahead), Mystic Haven (Kiwi's), and Fires Map, with 3 additional maps in the working by winter.

Very longwinded way of, what has the plan mutated into in the last year, and why are people talking about making a tutorial centered on a small part of the eventual full continent that could well end up being a higher level map (as i thought Zian was building it to be).

Basically asking for us to get greater clarity on the full plan since a bunch of us abandoned Zin, and I would like to get back into helping with this project.

Welcome back butler :)

There has been many discussions regarding to Alroth and more so focused on Dwarven Lands (DL) since you where here last. Most of these discussions appear in OL forums as we've migrated from Google Docs to forums. I recommend reviewing forums to get a sense of where the Dev Team is at currently.

The current natural CL spawn assignments are in place for DL as these maps mature - having said that they're are tweaked, added or removed by IMs from time to time.

Our expansion plan is simple, moving eastward from DL, map by map (based on connectivity) till we reach  Flying Citadel. This approach allows us to increase the frequency of bringing new maps into game. This allows the dev team members, with the limited time they have, to focus on these maps alone. Once we have the southern coastline established will be very helpful to then expand northward (path yet to be determined).

My plan has always been to leverage any previous work including any abandoned maps (if the data was available) into the dev plan. A good example is Raven Isle (RI) - this map has become a Dwarven Map and I spent a lot of effort going over this map to reduce 'map lag' that many players were experiencing. My plan is to make RI more 'dwarven' and eventually create an inside map for it as well.

The dev team welcomes all the support we can get lol! We may need to discuss in more detail through Skype/Discord.

Regards
Z

#7 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

View PostZian, on 24 May 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

View Postbutler, on 23 May 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

Welcome back butler :)

There has been many discussions regarding to Alroth and more so focused on Dwarven Lands (DL) since you where here last. Most of these discussions appear in OL forums as we've migrated from Google Docs to forums. I recommend reviewing forums to get a sense of where the Dev Team is at currently.

The current natural CL spawn assignments are in place for DL as these maps mature - having said that they're are tweaked, added or removed by IMs from time to time.

Our expansion plan is simple, moving eastward from DL, map by map (based on connectivity) till we reach  Flying Citadel. This approach allows us to increase the frequency of bringing new maps into game. This allows the dev team members, with the limited time they have, to focus on these maps alone. Once we have the southern coastline established will be very helpful to then expand northward (path yet to be determined).

My plan has always been to leverage any previous work including any abandoned maps (if the data was available) into the dev plan. A good example is Raven Isle (RI) - this map has become a Dwarven Map and I spent a lot of effort going over this map to reduce 'map lag' that many players were experiencing. My plan is to make RI more 'dwarven' and eventually create an inside map for it as well.

The dev team welcomes all the support we can get lol! We may need to discuss in more detail through Skype/Discord.

Regards
Z

I would like to ask that I am able to develop the one map that's got a land connection to FC, as that is vital to part of the defence structures, and was being planned when i begun this map

#8 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:02 AM

Attached are the last ones worked out by Kiwi and Grimm.

Attached File  SpawnCL.jpg   91.65K   15 downloads

#9 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:18 AM

Hi Butler!

As discussed yesterday in game - in addition to 'The Flying Citadel' (Map# 1), you've committed to design maps # 3 and # 5! Thanks again and welcome to the dev team.

Regards
Z

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users